Posted By: Canvasback2

Old Folks in Florida have a Pig Problem - 07/28/22 06:22 PM

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/f...5d92169555584c8d81db2412469e9a75#image=1
Posted By: HayDay

Re: Old Folks in Florida have a Pig Problem - 07/28/22 06:29 PM

Where's an alligator when you need one?
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: Old Folks in Florida have a Pig Problem - 07/28/22 06:48 PM

I may be wrong about this, but I thought I heard they can have more than one litter per year.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Old Folks in Florida have a Pig Problem - 07/28/22 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by HayDay
Where's an alligator when you need one?

grin
Posted By: patrapperbuster

Re: Old Folks in Florida have a Pig Problem - 07/28/22 07:21 PM

With the price of meat these days I'd be taking advantage of that problem
Posted By: Hanger

Re: Old Folks in Florida have a Pig Problem - 07/28/22 07:55 PM

This has been a ongoing thing. APHIS has there own hog extermination division for this. Florida has a open season on pigs, you can take them year round with no license ( except state management areas). They are a nuisance with no bag limit. Most try to profit off this with northers charging around $300 a hunt. This turns into a monopoly trying to provide the biggest boar with the biggest tusk. Locals trap and sell to high fence, 1.5” cutters or better. For most of us we shoot on site, and they go to the worms and buzzards. Are area they produce 2 litters a year between 6-12. They start breeding at 6 months. It’s a ongoing battle that we will never win. But we enjoy the sport of running dogs and grabbing them while bayed up. Everyone should do it once in there life, quite the adrenaline rush.
Posted By: Bear Tracker

Re: Old Folks in Florida have a Pig Problem - 07/28/22 07:58 PM

To bad the states with over population want to charge us to hunt and kill them. I'd be glad to hunt them. Similar to crop damage tags for deer and bear up here, the farmers want tags but not open the land up to hunting.
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: Old Folks in Florida have a Pig Problem - 07/28/22 08:04 PM

The problem is they look at pigs as a money maker. Heck if I’m not mistaken they not only have a season on WMA’s but a limit as well. I know while turkey hunting in South Florida I could have went through every one of my turkey loads on the first day and still not take out the sounders I was running into.
In Georgia, it’s kill everyone you see. Our only stipulation is you have to use whatever weapon you’d normally use for whatever the WMA is open for. Turkey season…whatever weapons are allowed for turkey hunting. Small game season…small game weapons. But we allow killing them and as many as you want. You don’t even have to drag them out, shoot and go kill another.
Posted By: warrior

Re: Old Folks in Florida have a Pig Problem - 07/28/22 09:31 PM

Funny, the Del Webb Sun City here also has wild hogs.
Posted By: HayDay

Re: Old Folks in Florida have a Pig Problem - 07/28/22 10:23 PM

How many pigs per sounder?

How many sounders per square mile (where infested)?

How far will a sounder range? If you capture one, will others move in?
© 2024 Trapperman Forums