Home

Skull prices ?

Posted By: Wolfdog91

Skull prices ? - 07/31/22 04:10 PM

What's the going rate of various skulls now days ? Not the super sexy brightened ones just clean intact ones out of the bone pile .
Posted By: beaverpeeler

Re: Skull prices ? - 07/31/22 11:05 PM

Skulls are either raw fresh frozen or have been prepped. The ones that come out of bone pile have little value imho. As far as raw fresh frozen, the buyer will want good teeth, no bullet holes and have been properly disattached from the neck vertebrae. Common species bring common prices like a buck or two, but wolves, cougars, even badgers and the like bring pretty decent money. Even shrews and various sundry rodents have value.
Posted By: eedup

Re: Skull prices ? - 07/31/22 11:13 PM

It also depends on quantity. I have market for quantity but prices aren't nearly what some tell me they get. I've offered them mine but they seem to back up quickly...Idk what to think. Bvr green frozen 1-2, cats otters 5, mutes 3, Amadillo from your neck of the woods 5
Posted By: Flint Hill fur

Re: Skull prices ? - 07/31/22 11:25 PM

I avgd 10$ apiece on bobcat skulls. Think 2.50 on yote
Posted By: wissmiss

Re: Skull prices ? - 08/01/22 01:43 AM

I agree with peeler about skulls from the bone pile have basically no value. One thing to keep in mind about raw (uncleaned) skulls is the word FRESH. Rotten skulls have basically no value. Not only are they nasty to handle but the rotten flesh can cause the bone to become weaker and eventually fall apart.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums