Home

Well, No BS, Kendall. . .

Posted By: LT GREY

Well, No BS, Kendall. . . - 08/01/22 10:39 PM

One of the people I had the pleasure of meeting in person at this years NTA convention in Lima, was Kendall Obermier of Allison, Iowa.

In 50 plus years of being a trapper, you meet a lot of people and you certainly see a lot of people come and go in this industry.
I went to my first NTA convention in 1978 in Clearfield, Pa.
Fur was KING then.
Times have changed.

I've gone to a lot of shows. NTA, FTA OSTA and a number of state conventions.
I think I'm a pretty good judge of character and most people I take at face value.
Few people impress me based on just meeting them.
Kendall Obermier is one person however that did.

It's not that Kendall puts up some serious numbers of fur bearers.
Nope.
It's not that his company has a trap, equipment and/or scent for just about everything you'd trap. . .
Nope
It's him.

Straight shooter, straight shot.
As nice of a person as I've met in this industry.
Modesty must be his middle name.

In a world full of B.S., he's the real deal.
If I were 25 years old, I would sell every trap I owned and re-outfit myself with B.S. traps and equipment.
His products are just that good.

With the F 4 W M offering up to $2,500.00 per wolf ( and you get to keep the animal ), you can see where some serious money could be made.

Rusty Kramer, the Idaho Trapper's Assn current president, caught four wolves on his line last season.
In case you can't do the math, that $10 K.

Not since O'Gorman Enterprises' catalog has a trapping catalog been so good, I couldn't put it down.
Just about everything you need to be successful on the trap line, is sold by Kendall's company : No B.S. LURES
Clear cut and easy to understand.
Lots of valuable information.
If you went to this years NTA, and didn't pick up a catalog. . .you missed out !

I own one B.S. Coyote trap.
I have hundreds of coyote traps, even some modified by J.C. Conner (and who has that ?) .
Every trap that can hold a coyote. I own.
CDR's ?
Got'em !
Jake traps ?
Got'em !
Coyote Cuffs, Heimbrocks, Sterling MJ 600's NDZ, Bridgers, Montanas, Northwoods, Montgomerys, Newhouse, B & L's
Got'em , Got'em, Got'em. . .

I have traps I'll never set.

But the next traps I buy, if I can get my health back. . . will be NO B.S. traps

IMO, if Craig O'Gorman endorses your product, that speaks volumes to me

Simple enough, but good enough.

As I said, "If I were 25". . . wink
Posted By: YamaCat

Re: Well, No BS, Kendall. . . - 08/01/22 10:58 PM

Thanks LT, I’m gonna have to get that catalog !
Posted By: The hammer

Re: Well, No BS, Kendall. . . - 08/01/22 11:14 PM

Very nice guy and very good products! I bought several dozen of jr’s and extremes to replace 90% of my k9 traps. Absolutely love them. Also only aloud 6.5” outside jaw spread I use the extremes on beaver. Nothing gets out of these lock up machines! Toes full pad elbow idc if it gets between the jaws of one of Kendall’s traps it’s there waiting for you.
Posted By: trapperjdb

Re: Well, No BS, Kendall. . . - 08/01/22 11:22 PM

I have talked to him a couple times and Kendall and his wife are top notch.
Posted By: claycreech

Re: Well, No BS, Kendall. . . - 08/01/22 11:35 PM

How many dealers have almost exclusively their own products?
Many have one or two items, but to have the number of products that he has that carry his name is mighty impressive in my opinion.
Kendell is a good guy and a hard working, fun loving dude.
Don’t let him in your cooler of cold ones lol.
Posted By: Bear Tracker

Re: Well, No BS, Kendall. . . - 08/01/22 11:39 PM

I will add in customer service and help is second to none. If I have had a question the response is timely and spot on.
Posted By: Swamp Wolf

Re: Well, No BS, Kendall. . . - 08/02/22 12:19 AM

And when you order from him and the shipment may be little late (because he is out trapping) he tells you so. Dont leave you wondering where your order is.

I like that.
Posted By: Michael Lippold

Re: Well, No BS, Kendall. . . - 08/02/22 12:20 AM

Kendal is a good dude we always enjoy spending time with Him and shooting the bull
Posted By: Idahotrapguy

Re: Well, No BS, Kendall. . . - 08/02/22 12:30 AM

I don't endorse a lot of products but there is a reason I put a plug in his catalog. Great traps, great service and the company always donates to the Idaho Trappers Association.
Rusty
Posted By: MinkGuy

Re: Well, No BS, Kendall. . . - 08/02/22 03:11 AM

His booth will take the time to stop and talk to you. His brother Kurt is also very helpful. Great products. I'm disappointed I missed the catalog though. I'd like to attend his school he runs with Lesel also.
Posted By: bandy

Re: Well, No BS, Kendall. . . - 08/02/22 08:24 AM

I've had the pleasure of meeting him his brother and his parents they are all some very fine people for sure.
Posted By: Feedinggrounds

Re: Well, No BS, Kendall. . . - 08/02/22 10:05 AM

LT GREY, Clearfield PA. was my first NTA covention, 13 years old I was. My 7th grade science teacher, neighbor and trapping mentor, Benny R. Lisenbee took me along. That year the NTA raffled off a 1978 red CJ5 Jeep, I talked Benny into buying a ticket as our trapping rig was a VW bug. We won the Jeep with that one ticket! Ssure was a upgrade from the orange beetle! Yes there is "salt of the earth" folks in trapping!
Posted By: PineDoggin

Re: Well, No BS, Kendall. . . - 08/02/22 10:08 AM

Hard to beat his Dp's too.

Re: Well, No BS, Kendall. . . - 08/02/22 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by Feedinggrounds
LT GREY, Clearfield PA. was my first NTA covention, 13 years old I was. My 7th grade science teacher, neighbor and trapping mentor, Benny R. Lisenbee took me along. That year the NTA raffled off a 1978 red CJ5 Jeep, I talked Benny into buying a ticket as our trapping rig was a VW bug. We won the Jeep with that one ticket! Ssure was a upgrade from the orange beetle! Yes there is "salt of the earth" folks in trapping!

Congrats to you guys, that is a feel-good story to be sure !
Posted By: Larry Baer

Re: Well, No BS, Kendall. . . - 08/02/22 03:15 PM

Good Post LT Grey. I like his traps too. The first dozen I used were a present. Never heard of them till then.

Re: Well, No BS, Kendall. . . - 08/02/22 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by PineDoggin
Hard to beat his Dp's too.

I NOTICED THE DP TRAPS IN THE CATALOG AND THE PRICE SEEMED PRETTY FAIR BY TODAYS DP STANDARDS.

All we need is a decent raccoon market, which here in Ohio, we don't have !
Posted By: sneaky

Re: Well, No BS, Kendall. . . - 08/03/22 02:45 AM

Fired an email to him the other day about his Wolf Jrs, and had a response in a few minutes. Kendall is a solid dude and I think he'll represent Lee's Death Ray well.

Re: Well, No BS, Kendall. . . - 08/03/22 06:01 PM

[quote= Kendall is a solid dude and I think he'll represent Lee's Death Ray well.[/quote]

And let's not forget the paste bait formula, that Hooiser ran in the ground. . . laugh
Posted By: AnthonyT

Re: Well, No BS, Kendall. . . - 08/03/22 06:22 PM

I have a pile of KO Jrs and and an even bigger pile of his 1.5s. Great traps.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums