Home

Kansas City MO ????

Posted By: nightlife

Kansas City MO ???? - 08/01/22 11:59 PM

So looks like my company might be sending me to Kansas City this year for 3 weeks or so for work

Anything interested to see or do

Any good restaurants to visit

Any places or areas to avoid outside of the whole town that is

Last years got some very good advice about New Orleans so though I would ask about KC
Posted By: nt2

Re: Kansas City MO ???? - 08/02/22 12:09 AM

Arabia Steamboat Museum-Google for information

It is worth a half day to visit!
Posted By: Yukon John

Re: Kansas City MO ???? - 08/02/22 12:13 AM

Never been, but I've heard Slaps BBQ is some good eatin'. Unfortunately we don't do the city thing, so I can't speak on what to do. There is a WWII museum that is supposed to be very good, and the Negro Leagues Baseball Museum is on a different level! This is all hearsay of course, but if good enough for dems, it ought to be good enough here, right? Lol
Posted By: Michael Lippold

Re: Kansas City MO ???? - 08/02/22 12:15 AM

My wife and I went to steam boat Arabia when we were in elementary and then again when we got married. I very much enjoy it
Posted By: charles

Re: Kansas City MO ???? - 08/02/22 12:32 AM

Pretty good NFL team there if you can get a ticket.
Posted By: the Blak Spot

Re: Kansas City MO ???? - 08/02/22 12:34 AM

Last I was there, Quindaro ave is not a good area
Posted By: JTfromWV

Re: Kansas City MO ???? - 08/02/22 12:43 AM

Eat at the Golden Ox.
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Kansas City MO ???? - 08/02/22 12:47 AM

I am not a city fan but I work there. A lot. You get off in a bad part of town you will know. Mind your own business and drive back out you will be fine.

Jones Bar-B-Q 6706 Kaw Dr, Kansas City, is good.

If you need fishing stuff go to 1124 Minnesota Ave, Kansas City, KS Minnesota Bait and Fly

If you like flea market antiques go to the Brass Armadillo 1450 Golfview Dr, Grain Valley, MO. Its huge

If you like a cold beer and some live music go to Knuckleheads Saloon 2715 Rochester Ave Kansas city. Kind of a biker bar but I seem to fit in ok.

Knuckleheads is where this lady got started. still shows up there once in a while

Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Kansas City MO ???? - 08/02/22 01:19 AM

Originally Posted by nt2
Arabia Steamboat Museum-Google for information

It is worth a half day to visit!

Absolutely! Do not miss that.
Avoid Independence except the cemetery where Jim Bridger is buried.
Joe's original BBQ.
Posted By: TurkeyTime

Re: Kansas City MO ???? - 08/02/22 01:31 AM

Joes Kansas City Bar B Que is the best. This location:3002 W 47th Ave, Kansas City, KS 66103
WWI Museum
Negro Leagues/Jazz Museum is good
Walking around the Country Club Plaza
Nelson Atkins Art Museum
I have never been but Jim Bridgers grave is in Independence
Union Station is free and good to walk around in (Mafia/FBI shoot out there)
Bonnie and Clyde had a shoot out up by KCI airport that is little known
If you like to walk there is a nice gravel trail that goes along the river in Parkville
Cabelas to walk around in
Pizza Shoppe
Items listed above by others
What are you interested in?
The areas around Quindaro, Troost, and Paseo Roads are not good
Posted By: TurkeyTime

Re: Kansas City MO ???? - 08/02/22 01:34 AM

Gary Benson you must be a good man as I had not refreshed this and see you mentioned two of my items.
Posted By: Diggerman

Re: Kansas City MO ???? - 08/02/22 01:51 AM

probrably the best Cabelas in the country, Go visit GA precision and get a rifle built, Bushnells home office.
Posted By: Steven 49er

Re: Kansas City MO ???? - 08/02/22 02:02 AM

Any good restaurants?

If you are a fan of BBQ you can't go wrong.

Besides the ones already mentioned, Jack Stack, Arthur Bryants, Q39, they are all good.

If you like NASCAR there is a race there, not sure when.
Posted By: Osagian

Re: Kansas City MO ???? - 08/02/22 02:04 AM

As mentioned:
The Steamship Arabia Museum
The World War 1 Museum
Both of these are excellent.

I'll add to that, Fort Osage, a recreation of an early 1800s fort on the Missouri River used during the fur trade era. It's just out to the east of KC on the Missouri River.

Re: Kansas City MO ???? - 08/02/22 03:04 AM

Originally Posted by Osagian
As mentioned:
The Steamship Arabia Museum
The World War 1 Museum
Both of these are excellent.

I'll add to that, Fort Osage, a recreation of an early 1800s fort on the Missouri River used during the fur trade era. It's just out to the east of KC on the Missouri River.

My apologies on which war (makes a BIG difference). Just make sure and catch the Negro Leagues Baseball Museum. I haven't been, but I will get there at some point! Don't care what your policies are, I think it would be very humbling to peruse.
Posted By: UCMcoyote

Re: Kansas City MO ???? - 08/02/22 03:11 AM

If you're a football fan, chiefs games are a good experience tickets aren't hard to get. Lot of state conservation owned properties to do some fishing or hunting. Right of way trapping here is legal also so theres always that. Missouri river is there to fish hunt or trap. Royals baseball games are always a good time Kauffman stadium is very nice.

I've never been there but most people I work with in KC all talk about a place called "Jack Stacks BBQ" and say its really good. Live an hour from KC my whole life never been there I stay away from city as much as possible.

Slow pitch softball is a very popular recreation depending on time of year and league teams always looking for fill in people. Top golf very popular as well.
Posted By: Dstone1992

Re: Kansas City MO ???? - 08/02/22 08:49 AM

Kc is awesome I spent almost every weekend there for 4 years while my ex was going to umkc. There is a party scene for any thing you're into the food recommendations are endless.

Re: Kansas City MO ???? - 08/02/22 09:50 AM

if you like blues and cold beer.....
Posted By: BigBob

Re: Kansas City MO ???? - 08/02/22 03:07 PM

Bryant's has great BBQ, if you like greasy Mutton, and there's plenty of strip mine pits, and lakes with superb fishing to be found.
Posted By: HayDay

Re: Kansas City MO ???? - 08/02/22 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by Diggerman
probrably the best Cabelas in the country, Go visit GA precision and get a rifle built, Bushnells home office.

To that, I'll add that if you are up north.........Roger's Lures off I-35 at Liberty.

And Gates is the fast food option for KC BBQ. I've lost track of the number of BBQ places Guy has done on Triple D in KC. You can check with the food apps to see if any are near where you are going to be.

Golden Ox or Hereford House are the traditional places for steak, although some lessor knowns probably as good or better. Savoy Grill was once as good as it got anywhere, now a foo foo place to take your gay friends. They would love it.
Posted By: Dstone1992

Re: Kansas City MO ???? - 08/02/22 06:19 PM

Stroud's Oak Ridge Manor get the fried chicken

Re: Kansas City MO ???? - 08/02/22 06:35 PM

If you like chicken gizzards try Go Chicken Go in Olathe. 1000 S Harrison St
Posted By: Bill.M

Re: Kansas City MO ???? - 08/02/22 06:36 PM

Town topic is a good place to get a greasy breakfast after a night of drinking. There are some good Mexican restaurants on Southwest Blvd. Rogers lures is a good place to visit hunting,fishing and trapping supplies. Great guns is in the same shopping mall. Decent guns however they carry a bunch of ammo.
Posted By: run

Re: Kansas City MO ???? - 08/02/22 10:17 PM

Epstein's tool store. It has a pretty serious hardcore following for USA made tools. They also sell used tools.

Re: Kansas City MO ???? - 08/03/22 04:25 PM

Jones big pork sandwich. MMMM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: K52

Re: Kansas City MO ???? - 08/03/22 08:16 PM

Prospect Ave. is one to stay off of. Pulled a bass boat down it on a Saturday night at about 11pm. Coming back from a Canadian fishing trip and BIL was leading in another truck and took the wrong turn off a detour. Groups of ferals everywhere, told my son I locked the doors and red lights would mean nothing, cops won't be anywhere around and if one was I'd pull over when we got to Belton.

The WW1 war memorial and museum are world class, you don't want to miss them.

Re: Kansas City MO ???? - 08/03/22 08:28 PM

Its legal in MO and KS both to carry a firearm without asking permission
Posted By: nightlife

Re: Kansas City MO ???? - 08/04/22 01:47 AM

Originally Posted by danny clifton

I know, I won’t go somewhere I can’t carry

Any restrictions on AR’s or AR pistols in either state, or in KC
Posted By: farmnhunt

Re: Kansas City MO ???? - 08/04/22 02:26 AM

Been years since I went and not the best part of town but the Golden Ox at the old stockyards is a good steak.

Re: Kansas City MO ???? - 08/04/22 08:43 AM

no, but IMO walking around with an AR on your shoulder is not a good idea. put a pistol in your pocket, mind your own business, be polite. Probably never need the pistol
Posted By: BigBob

Re: Kansas City MO ???? - 08/04/22 09:11 PM

Overland Park has some Indian School Museums that are kinda interesting. They tell about a very contentious time in our history when bible thumpers (sic) would kidnap native kids and stuff them in the "Schools" for "RE-EDUCATION" to the white mans way, and were beaten for speaking their home language.

Re: Kansas City MO ???? - 08/04/22 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by nightlife
Originally Posted by danny clifton

I know, I won’t go somewhere I can’t carry

I'm pretty sure AR pistols can't have a butt stock, but don't quote me.
Posted By: Marty

Re: Kansas City MO ???? - 08/04/22 11:00 PM

loaded long gun inn vehicle is legal in Ks.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums