Home

This is why new Tractors cost so much!

Posted By: Canvasback2

This is why new Tractors cost so much! - 08/05/22 06:55 PM

[Linked Image]

It's like playing video games with that hand held push button joy stick thingamajig ! crazy
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: This is why new Tractors cost so much! - 08/05/22 07:13 PM

Even the ones without a cab and the tec are high. Heck I was looking at an mx 5400 Kubota 18 months or.so back. Open cab with loader, pallet forks and 7' bushhog was 42k. Saw them at a show in Louisville 3 months back and now the tractor and loader are 10k higher without the mower and pallet forks.
Doesn’t look like I will be getting one anytime soon.
Posted By: Trapper5123

Re: This is why new Tractors cost so much! - 08/05/22 07:17 PM

That's a combine.
Posted By: Michael Lippold

Re: This is why new Tractors cost so much! - 08/05/22 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by Trapper5123
That's a combine.

I’m thinking it’s a self propelled mower
Posted By: Michael Lippold

Re: This is why new Tractors cost so much! - 08/05/22 07:20 PM

There are some pros to the newer stuff but also some negatives. I hate all the wiring on the new ones, one broken wire can ruin your day
Posted By: GRP

Re: This is why new Tractors cost so much! - 08/05/22 07:22 PM

That is a swather. 100% no doubt. Looking at the header and the cut windrows to the side
Posted By: bblwi

Re: This is why new Tractors cost so much! - 08/05/22 07:41 PM

It is a swather or haybine. Does not look like the 3-segment type as there is a windrow right next to the cab. Around here most are the 3-segment or 27 foot cut type for the custom operators and the larger farms.

Amazing technology. The veggie growers like them a lot. When planting carrots they can set teh GPS over 4 inches and then all the new rows are 3-4 inches from the last crop and there is no older trench to cause the carrots to grow crooked. When you drive on ot the automated GPS units you quickly find out how far off the roads are from being perfectly laid in the straight directions.

Bryce
Posted By: DWC

Re: This is why new Tractors cost so much! - 08/05/22 08:02 PM

I wish I invented the RAM mount…..those things are everywhere and not cheap
Posted By: K9Wolfer

Re: This is why new Tractors cost so much! - 08/05/22 08:37 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Oh Snap

Re: This is why new Tractors cost so much! - 08/05/22 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by Providence Farm
Even the ones without a cab and the tec are high. Heck I was looking at an mx 5400 Kubota 18 months or.so back. Open cab with loader, pallet forks and 7' bushhog was 42k. Saw them at a show in Louisville 3 months back and now the tractor and loader are 10k higher without the mower and pallet forks.
Doesn’t look like I will be getting one anytime soon.

Just hang in there. Won’t be long as our economy takes a real dive and the farmers that are farming now will be selling out! Good deals will be everywhere.
Posted By: BuckMink

Re: This is why new Tractors cost so much! - 08/05/22 08:56 PM

They sure are! grin[Linked Image]
Posted By: Canvasback2

Re: This is why new Tractors cost so much! - 08/05/22 09:00 PM

$262,000.. At least it has air conditioning and a cup holder!!
Posted By: Trapper5123

Re: This is why new Tractors cost so much! - 08/05/22 09:59 PM

My bad. I saw header on the screen and thought combine. I still use tractors that have no computer. I can work on them to an extent.
Posted By: Foxpaw

Re: This is why new Tractors cost so much! - 08/05/22 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by Trapper5123
My bad. I saw header on the screen and thought combine. I still use tractors that have no computer. I can work on them to an extent.

I've heard that the independent mechanics can do the actual repairs on the new stuff but getting the codes to make them work was up in the air, but I don't know for sure?
https://www.agriculture.com/machine...-in-2022-joe-biden-jon-tester-john-deere
Posted By: run

Re: This is why new Tractors cost so much! - 08/06/22 01:51 AM

I like those Rural King tractors. They're not too expensive but I bet parts are a pain in the butt.
Posted By: T-REV

Re: This is why new Tractors cost so much! - 08/06/22 01:56 AM

That’s why I like older equipment. Simple to work on and don’t have to sell your home just to buy a tractor. All this new technology in vehicles and machines are nice at first but it is destined to eventually fail and when it does prepare to get bent over the barrel without lube on the cost of a company technician to fix it for you.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: This is why new Tractors cost so much! - 08/06/22 02:22 AM

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
No GPS here just steering wheel and go time lol
© 2024 Trapperman Forums