Home

Quick Pickle Mix ??

Posted By: Dillrod

Quick Pickle Mix ?? - 08/05/22 09:04 PM

Is this stuff ok for long term canning and storage ?
I noticed the vinegar mix is weaker than the regular stuff ?
Down to the last of my canning pickles and I need something to finish with.

https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/p...V52_30aPicChlrOoktQP3ot4eGcaAmM7EALw_wcB
Posted By: bblwi

Re: Quick Pickle Mix ?? - 08/05/22 09:20 PM

This is the 3rd year I have used those packets. They turn out very good for me. I typically add onions etc. to the mix or green peppers etc. Wow $3.79 at your place. I bought 4 packets at our local grocery store on sale for $10.

Bryce
Posted By: Macthediver

Re: Quick Pickle Mix ?? - 08/05/22 10:37 PM

I've used couple different types of that brand for last several years now. Just picked up some the other day at woodman's was 2 packs for $5.
Like Byrce I add things to most. Wife has lots of dill in garden so all get some of that.

Mac
Posted By: Drifter

Re: Quick Pickle Mix ?? - 08/06/22 12:44 AM

That brand makes a SPICY dill I am wanting to try but not seen it local. Anyone here tried it?
Posted By: Dillrod

Re: Quick Pickle Mix ?? - 08/06/22 12:45 AM

Ok guys thx.
I'll check Wally world.
Few more quart's for me and I will be done
Friends and neighbors are waiting for their turn.
Posted By: bblwi

Re: Quick Pickle Mix ?? - 08/06/22 12:57 AM

Have not seen the spicy dill packets here. I did make a batch of dills last year for our son and I added two Jalapeno peppers to his batch and he thought they were great. A bit hot for me. For me I would do just one.

Bryce
Posted By: BigJoe.

Re: Quick Pickle Mix ?? - 08/06/22 01:26 AM

Mrs.wages works great for us. BUT, if you make the spicy ones, do it outside.
Posted By: CoonsBane

Re: Quick Pickle Mix ?? - 08/06/22 01:30 AM

Originally Posted by Drifter
That brand makes a SPICY dill I am wanting to try but not seen it local. Anyone here tried it?

Yep. We use that mix to make dilly beans. Spicy dill pickled green beans. They are a big hit with friends and family.

We use the Mrs Wages dill pickle mix for all our pickles. Everyone goes on and on about how good our pickles are and everyone wants the recipe. Our only "secret" is that we use more vinegar and less water than the packet calls for.
Posted By: warrior

Re: Quick Pickle Mix ?? - 08/06/22 02:40 AM

Never tried any of the mixes. Always done kosher spears. One pod of cowhorn pepper, one large clove garlic, one head of dill to a jar pack tight with spears pour over vinegar brine top with one grape leaf. Water bath.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums