Home

MN Trapper's Assoc Convention

Posted By: Gerald Schmitt

MN Trapper's Assoc Convention - 08/07/22 02:59 PM

Just got back from the MTA Convention in Wadena. Hats off to the MTA, they put on a heck of a show. Very nice fairground with the dealers and tailgaters all close together. Full lineup of quality demos (land and water) running continuously. Trappers ed activities for the kids, multiple food vendors. Everything you want at a convention.

We talked to customers from several states. Fur prices are low, but the convention was well attended.

None of this happens by accident, lots of effort by many volunteers to put this together. A big thank you to everyone who worked so hard to put this convention on.
Posted By: BernieB.

Re: MN Trapper's Assoc Convention - 08/07/22 03:40 PM

Very good convention, lots of fun.
Posted By: MnMan

Re: MN Trapper's Assoc Convention - 08/07/22 06:25 PM

Always a good time and I actually spent some money. Good job to all who helped put this together.
Posted By: 160user

Re: MN Trapper's Assoc Convention - 08/07/22 06:47 PM

Great job by all! I was only there briefly Friday morning but I had to park out on the "back 40" and there seemed to be lots of people. I think Many came for Pat Fundine's 49 cent traps (No Coupon required).
Posted By: Shakeyjake

Re: MN Trapper's Assoc Convention - 08/07/22 08:33 PM

Was there Friday afternoon. The only one I’ve been to was one put on by Pembina Valley Fur Council in a small town in Manitoba. Wasn’t a convention, more of a get together. 1 guy selling trapping stuff & the rest was like a little flea market. In Wadena, I walked into the first building and was overwhelmed at all the stuff. Then walked out to check out some demos and saw all the other stuff outside plus the other 3 bigger buildings. Holy smokes! That’s a trapping convention! After 4 hours I had to get outta there, I went way over the $ amount I can cross the boarder without paying duty. Wanted to take a pic with Mark Stek, my buddy’s dad loves that show. I asked him how to get a Dakota Line tee shirt, says “well” and starts peeling it off…lol.
By the looks of it on here, these shows are all over the place in summer.
Posted By: Seek

Re: MN Trapper's Assoc Convention - 08/07/22 09:10 PM

I was there Friday afternoon and all day Saturday. Met some great folks and bought alot of stuff. Thank you to the MTA, the vendors, the volunteers and the 4-H kids who ran that awesome food stand. Looking forward to next year already.
Posted By: Steven 49er

Re: MN Trapper's Assoc Convention - 08/07/22 10:34 PM

As always Gerald, it was good seeing you and the misses. Hopefully next year I can convince Doreen to attend the 49/marble eyes/2poor cookout. I imagine I'm going to have to burn a perfectly good steak to do that haha.

Turnout IMHO was pretty darn good. I may be a bit biased but the MN convention is top notch. Weather was decent, little hot on Friday, little rain Friday night, yesterday was beautiful.

I got the deal of the century at the benefit auction Saturday night, it seems the ever elusive trapstick man made an appearance
[Linked Image]

See ya all next year in Litchfield.
Posted By: patfundine

Re: MN Trapper's Assoc Convention - 08/07/22 10:38 PM

Once again it was a great show. I was very impressed that it is possible to lose anything and have it returned to its rightfull owner. I'm sure Leon was relieved to get his shower bag back.

Re: MN Trapper's Assoc Convention - 08/07/22 11:48 PM

Originally Posted by Steven 49er
As always Gerald, it was good seeing you and the misses. Hopefully next year I can convince Doreen to attend the 49/marble eyes/2poor cookout. I imagine I'm going to have to burn a perfectly good steak to do that haha.

Turnout IMHO was pretty darn good. I may be a bit biased but the MN convention is top notch. Weather was decent, little hot on Friday, little rain Friday night, yesterday was beautiful.

I got the deal of the century at the benefit auction Saturday night, it seems the ever elusive trapstick man made an appearance
[Linked Image]

That should have set you back a pretty penny!
Posted By: trapper les

Re: MN Trapper's Assoc Convention - 08/08/22 12:11 AM

[Linked Image]
A little action at the gate from district 2, and I was unable to get myself in that pic, sorry about that
Posted By: DHH

Re: MN Trapper's Assoc Convention - 08/08/22 01:07 AM

Is 49er scratching his nose Les lol
Posted By: trapper les

Re: MN Trapper's Assoc Convention - 08/08/22 01:14 AM

I'm sure his hand was about to go to his forehead after one of my comments, lol

Re: MN Trapper's Assoc Convention - 08/08/22 01:51 AM

Originally Posted by DHH

Good catch Dean, I'll bet less doesn't even know he's hurting the no profanity filter.

It's a good thing that picture was taken after Dallas told me my zipper was down. I said it's no wonder people kept offering me tips lol.

Dean you need to part with some of that moldy money and come to one of these shows. You would have had a heck of a good time at the district to cookout at camp Huerd. I could have used some help, it's hard to be in the aura of Les and compete with his Greek god stature lol

Posted By: bucksnbears

Re: MN Trapper's Assoc Convention - 08/08/22 02:13 AM

Originally Posted by DHH

Dean you need to part with some of that moldy money .

Dean puts fertilizer on his.
No time for mold to grow.
wink
Posted By: MnMan

Re: MN Trapper's Assoc Convention - 08/08/22 03:15 AM

[Linked Image]

Glad to see you get the box with my cherished quarter, Steven! Don't spend it any time soon since it took me many years to finally part with it.

Re: MN Trapper's Assoc Convention - 08/08/22 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by MnMan

[Linked Image]

Glad to see you get the box with my cherished quarter, Steven! Don't spend it any time soon since it took me many years to finally part with it.

It was actually a Silver Dollar at one time but after years of being squeezed tightly it was compressed into a quarter.
Posted By: DHH

Re: MN Trapper's Assoc Convention - 08/08/22 12:51 PM

Dean you need to part with some of that moldy money and come to one of these shows. You would have had a heck of a good time at the district to cookout at camp Huerd. I could have used some help, it's hard to be in the aura of Les and compete with his Greek god stature lol

[/quote]
Had planned to attend . But late spring / summer still has us trying to wrap up haying . I will have to plan on putting the smoke to whatever treasure you donate to the district 2 fall meeting auction
Posted By: Northernbeaver

Re: MN Trapper's Assoc Convention - 08/08/22 02:01 PM

Was a joy seeing many of you. It's been a few years since I was able to walk around and BS with people. It seemed very well attended.
Thanks for the fish Steve.
Posted By: 20scout

Re: MN Trapper's Assoc Convention - 08/08/22 03:10 PM

I got there Tuesday and stayed all week. I tried to volunteer but it was very well organized beforehand and there seemed to be plenty of others there to help out whenever needed. Had a good time and met quite a few people. The food was excellent and if you didn't try out the home made peach cobblers ice cream the boy scout's where selling you really missed outdid! Did a demo on Friday and truly enjoyed the kids who approached me the rest of the weekend with questions. Spent too much and laughed too much but glad it's over with.

Re: MN Trapper's Assoc Convention - 08/08/22 05:25 PM

Thanks for putting on a demo. This event couldn't be done without the tireless efforts of all the volunteers.
Posted By: BernieB.

Re: MN Trapper's Assoc Convention - 08/08/22 05:54 PM

Clearly it was well organized, good people behind the scenes make it look that way.

Re: MN Trapper's Assoc Convention - 08/09/22 12:47 AM

Originally Posted by Northernbeaver
Was a joy seeing many of you. It's been a few years since I was able to walk around and BS with people. It seemed very well attended.

We ate like royalty didn't we. Several guys brought fish, 2poor supplied the shrimp, marbleyes the crawfish,some guy supplied the corn..., huntingmaxima supplied labor, several busted their humps to get it done and cleaned up plus we managed to raise a nice chunk of money for the MTA. Not bad for a bunch of rabble rousers. Maybe next year the Schmitt family will attend, I just know it lol.

Maybe Dean can load up Dave the Bearman and attend as well.
Posted By: bucksnbears

Re: MN Trapper's Assoc Convention - 08/10/22 02:35 AM

Originally Posted by Northernbeaver

Maybe Dean can load up Dave the Bearman and attend as well.

Sorry Steve. Aint happening.
Don't like crowds.

Probably meet you sometime on on gravel road somewhere looking for coyotes smile
Posted By: backroadsarcher

Re: MN Trapper's Assoc Convention - 08/10/22 02:41 AM

Was there Friday and Saturday. Good times got to meet some new people. Nice that it was close this year. Thumbs up to all that helped.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums