Home

Who is your car reporting to?

Posted By: Drifter

Who is your car reporting to? - 08/07/22 09:17 PM

data mining

Unreal how blatant they are about doing this. I would think it would be illegal.
Posted By: Boco

Re: Who is your car reporting to? - 08/07/22 09:57 PM

You would think they would have more important things to do than track and study an old bush trapper with a new truck.
I wonder how much the guy makes an hour studying me?
Posted By: Marty

Re: Who is your car reporting to? - 08/07/22 09:57 PM

The government wants all the info it can get about all of us...
Posted By: warrior

Re: Who is your car reporting to? - 08/07/22 10:00 PM

But the phone data on 2000 Mules can't be trusted.

Re: Who is your car reporting to? - 08/07/22 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by Marty

I dont give a rats a-- who wants to study me.
If they get in my face they'll be spitting chickletts.
Posted By: waggler

Re: Who is your car reporting to? - 08/07/22 10:11 PM

^^^^^
That's right. If you can't trust big government and multinationals, then who can you trust?

Re: Who is your car reporting to? - 08/07/22 10:14 PM

If they want to waste their time on a nobody like me I say good for them-have at er.
You fellers must be extremely important people-at least in your own minds,lol.
Either that or you did way too much acid back in the day.

Re: Who is your car reporting to? - 08/07/22 10:17 PM

That's just it, none of us or what we do are important until it is to the watchers.
Posted By: Swamp Wolf

Re: Who is your car reporting to? - 08/07/22 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by Boco
If they want to waste their time on a nobody like me I say good for them-have at er.
You fellers must be extremely important people-at least in your own minds,lol.
Either that or you did way too much acid back in the day.

The queen and Trudeau knows where your traps are and how many lynx you've caught....and beavers...
Posted By: H2ORat

Re: Who is your car reporting to? - 08/07/22 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by Boco

I dont give a rats a-- who wants to study me.
If they get in my face they'll be spitting chickletts.

ever wonder why they might be studying you? The gov. is not now or will it ever be there to "help" . They do not need to know that I stopped at the local gas station for some fuel and a 6-pack after work. Since I am paying for (taxes) the guy that is watching me - I should have a little say in who andwhat they are watching (i don't) and how much they are getting paid(i don't). If they have reason to believe I am involved in some illegal activity then they have a right to watch (prove me innocent or guilty). I have no reason to hide what I do ----- They have no reason to watch -- less govt info and employment is better for all involved.
Posted By: Marty

Re: Who is your car reporting to? - 08/07/22 10:23 PM

trudeau is the queen.. laugh
Posted By: loosegoose

Re: Who is your car reporting to? - 08/07/22 10:28 PM

A lot of it i(but not all, obviously) s about improving driveability and diagnostic issues. By monitoring average driving habits and pattern failures, manufacturers can make better reprogramming updates.

Re: Who is your car reporting to? - 08/07/22 10:29 PM

Unenumerated Rights
Posted By: HayDay

Re: Who is your car reporting to? - 08/07/22 10:41 PM

If you think your car is bad, your cell phone is 10X worse.
Posted By: walleye101

Re: Who is your car reporting to? - 08/07/22 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by loosegoose
A lot of it i(but not all, obviously) s about improving driveability and diagnostic issues. By monitoring average driving habits and pattern failures, manufacturers can make better reprogramming updates.

Right, they are collecting "right down to people's address, emails and even photos." to improve driveability and diagnose your private life, but it's all for our own good I'm sure.

Re: Who is your car reporting to? - 08/07/22 11:57 PM

I am more worried WHO they are selling it to.
Posted By: Flicker Shad

Re: Who is your car reporting to? - 08/08/22 12:02 AM

My car doesn't have new enough technology for this. I guess all they have on me is my phone.
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: Who is your car reporting to? - 08/08/22 01:09 AM

Some of you are still in the stone age. It's not people looking at the data it computers. A single person is not so important but with data on thousands they can track and predict future trends, movements, and how well the latest fraud schemes are working on the general population.
Posted By: coyote addict

Re: Who is your car reporting to? - 08/08/22 02:00 AM

trudeau is the queen.. laugh

No, SHE'S just a little princess!
Posted By: sweetwilliam

Re: Who is your car reporting to? - 08/08/22 02:32 AM

I don't give a hoot hoo watches me they just need to speed up to see what they are missing
Posted By: loosegoose

Re: Who is your car reporting to? - 08/08/22 02:53 AM

Originally Posted by walleye101
Originally Posted by loosegoose

Right, they are collecting "right down to people's address, emails and even photos." to improve driveability and diagnose your private life, but it's all for our own good I'm sure.

More like idle time, misfire data, air/fuel ratio data, CEL data, average speeds and acceleration, braking data, etc etc etc. All can be used to come up with computer updates for driveability improvements, especially with hybrid and electric vehicles.

I'm sure you noticed that I explicitly stated not all the data collected is being used for such things though.

Re: Who is your car reporting to? - 08/08/22 03:47 AM

The one they hacked was hooked to over 200 sensors and no option to turn any off.They were sending pictures as well as regular data. The potential for identity theft is pretty high without them deciding to hijack even more data.
Posted By: w side rd 151

Re: Who is your car reporting to? - 08/08/22 12:47 PM

The info they are tracking might also be used to determine the circumstances that pertain to an accident if you become involved in one .Speed ,braking etc info could be used by police and insurance companies The bottom line is you /all of us are being tracked everywhere we go and everything we do Traffic cameras, store security , purchasing trends are part of everyday living.I saw recently one of the state wildlife agencies had put up trail games without permission on a sportsman club property in hope of catching any illegal hunting The court system ruled that to be against the law and they where made to remove them . But in todays world all of us could be under surveillance at any time or place And some will say if you are obeying the law you have nothing to worry about .On the other hand I do not always trust due process
Posted By: Kart29

Re: Who is your car reporting to? - 08/08/22 12:57 PM

When I bought a 2021 truck, i got the most basic "radio" you can get. No cell connection with it, but it does have a satellite transmitter/receiver that allows you to remotely start the engine or lock/unlock the doors with a cell phone. I disconnected the satellite antennae so hopefully that connection is broken. The built-in compass no longer works, but I'd rather do without the compass than have my data transmitted for any computer hacker, legal or otherwise, all over the stratosphere.

I take measures to reduce my exposure through my cell phone and all internet connections, too.

I'm a law abiding citizen with nothing to fear. But I feel there's a good chance I may someday be a particular target as an individual who is a threat to the existing order. I sure hope not.
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Who is your car reporting to? - 08/08/22 01:30 PM

I don't care for the feature that "helps" me steer. The little ladys Santa Fe even turns the windshield wipers on by itself when a few raindrops hit the windshield.
I do like the alarms that tell me if someone is in the no-zone if I use the turn signal to change lanes. There's also a screen down by the speedometer that shows you a camera shot beside and behind you when you turn on a signal which I don't use. I'd rather look in the mirrors. There's also an overhead camera you can watch when you're backing up. How that works I have no idea.

Re: Who is your car reporting to? - 08/08/22 05:31 PM

It appears most don't mind their 4th amendment rights being trampled as long as we are told it is for our own good. We might as well let them just toss the constitution out. We know they are keeping purchase records of firearms as well as our personal calls being monitored. Facial recognition and cameras abound so our every move can be accounted for. I am sure the founding fathers didn't envision this as model for freedom.
Posted By: steeltraps

Re: Who is your car reporting to? - 08/08/22 06:00 PM

They make a = bag. Or you can use aliuminum foil To put phone in. I know how to disrupt signal to = black box. We did it on friends wifes 2020 model car. = OnStar called her. Said when a signal is lost like that = car is often stolen and put in container ship. Me and my buddy thought OnStar calling was halarious!! His wife was not happy

Re: Who is your car reporting to? - 08/08/22 07:56 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Who is your car reporting to? - 08/09/22 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by warrior
That's just it, none of us or what we do are important until it is to the watchers.

True
© 2024 Trapperman Forums