Home

OMG! Natural Gas Bill.............

Posted By: Actor

OMG! Natural Gas Bill............. - 08/08/22 07:20 PM

I can't believe my gas bill increase. I am on a budget and the monthly bill went from $100, to $148 per month. I only have heat, water heater and stove and I don't use any of them that much.

The first thing we need to do is castrate Joe Biden and work the way down the line. Then start on the gas and electric company officials.

I have always been against genocide, but am beginning to change my mind.

Sorry, But I had to blow off to someone and living by ones' self I have to blow off to you all...

Gas, electric, gasoline, and food... what other necessities can they raise?

Garry-
Posted By: AntiGov

Re: OMG! Natural Gas Bill............. - 08/08/22 07:21 PM

I'm with you on all that , including the idiots who voted for it
Posted By: cotton

Re: OMG! Natural Gas Bill............. - 08/08/22 07:27 PM

Yea heating oil has me worried for this coming winter
Posted By: Bob

Re: OMG! Natural Gas Bill............. - 08/08/22 07:28 PM

Everything has shot up in price the last two years. It’s a tough time to be trying to raise children, that’s for sure. Worst part is it ain’t done climbing, not by a long shot.
Posted By: Monster Toms

Re: OMG! Natural Gas Bill............. - 08/08/22 07:44 PM

Natural gas here in western Colorado is up 77% from a year ago.
Posted By: DakotaBoy

Re: OMG! Natural Gas Bill............. - 08/08/22 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by Bob
Everything has shot up in price the last two years. It’s a tough time to be trying to raise children, that’s for sure. Worst part is it ain’t done climbing, not by a long shot.

I've got a rifle deer tag in the dresser drawer at home, and also put in for a bow tag and an antelope rifle tag this year. Hoping I fill them all! It'll go a long way in keeping the family fed.
Posted By: Diggerman

Re: OMG! Natural Gas Bill............. - 08/08/22 07:53 PM

Yah, well dont worry, some stuff is going down like 401k's------------------------ down 31%----------- since the first of the year.
Posted By: WhiteCliffs

Re: OMG! Natural Gas Bill............. - 08/08/22 08:00 PM

Go to southern Louisiana and watch the LNG (liquified natural gas) ships coming and going - hauling 5 billion cubic feet of LNG - mostly to china. Basically a pressurized, temp controlled, floating natural gas tank. Who do you think gets the gas when it goes to the highest bidder? All the natural gas companies in southern US building gas lines straight to the LNG refineries with a ship loading dock.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: beeman

Re: OMG! Natural Gas Bill............. - 08/08/22 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by Actor
I can't believe my gas bill increase. I am on a budget and the monthly bill went from $100, to $148 per month. I only have heat, water heater and stove and I don't use any of them that much.

The first thing we need to do is castrate Joe Biden and work the way down the line. Then start on the gas and electric company officials.

Sorry, But I had to blow off to someone and living by ones' self I have to blow off to you all...

Garry-

Are you talking propane or natural gas?

Is this your even pay plan with your gas company?
Posted By: jbyrd63

Re: OMG! Natural Gas Bill............. - 08/08/22 08:16 PM

If you have a high utility bill you need to replace your windows . Blow in more insulation, and seal the cracks under your doors...
I was repeatedly told that when i complained about my electric bill... LOL

Re: OMG! Natural Gas Bill............. - 08/08/22 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by DakotaBoy
Originally Posted by Bob

I've got a rifle deer tag in the dresser drawer at home, and also put in for a bow tag and an antelope rifle tag this year. Hoping I fill them all! It'll go a long way in keeping the family fed.

My son drew a deer tag here, but that’s all the tags we drew between the 3 of us old enough to hunt. One deer won’t feed 7 people for very long!

Originally Posted by Diggerman
Yah, well dont worry, some stuff is going down like 401k's------------------------ down 31%----------- since the first of the year.

Yeah, before all this started I had over $100k in my nest egg for retirement. I no longer have anywhere near that. But there’s a lot of years left for me to recover so that’s not my biggest concern today. What worries me is it costs a fortune every month just for the basics. If it gets much worse we’re gonna have to start diapering the baby with old t-shirts
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: OMG! Natural Gas Bill............. - 08/08/22 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by jbyrd63
If you have a high utility bill you need to replace your windows . Blow in more insulation, and seal the cracks under your doors...

With my very old houst it would be cheaper to burn it and start new. But building materials pricing. Instead I put in an outdoor wood burner. That was before the crazy inflation
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: OMG! Natural Gas Bill............. - 08/08/22 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by Bob
Originally Posted by DakotaBoy
[quote=Bob]Everything has shot up in price the last two years. It’s a tough time to be trying to raise children, that’s for sure. Worst part is it ain’t done climbing, not by a long shot.

My son drew a deer tag here, but that’s all the tags we drew between the 3 of us old enough to hunt. One deer won’t feed 7 people for very long!

Originally Posted by Diggerman

Yeah, before all this started I had over $100k in my nest egg for retirement. I no longer have anywhere near that. But there’s a lot of years left for me to recover so that’s not my biggest concern today. What worries me is it costs a fortune every month just for the basics. If it gets much worse we’re gonna have to start diapering the baby with old t-shirts
[/quote]
Bob I thought you was the one “lecturing” everyone on finance last year. If it makes you feel better, I’ve lost close to $100K in my 401K. But my personal nest egg is still alive and well, until the pool man comes knocking, lol.
As far as deer, I told the wife to go ahead and buy another freezer. Between all legal hunters in my family we can take 72. And if it gets really bad, we’ll do some “nuisance” harvesting on private properties.
Posted By: warrior

Re: OMG! Natural Gas Bill............. - 08/08/22 08:53 PM

Seems, I've heard that before.

Oh yeah, some idiot from Georgia.

Put On a Sweater

"We must face the fact that the energy shortage is permanent. There is no way we can solve it quickly. But if we all cooperate, and make modest sacrifices, if we learn to live thriftily and remember the importance of helping our neighbors, then we can find ways to adjust, and to make our society more efficient, and our own lives more enjoyable and productive." 
  -- President Jimmy Carter to the American People, February 2, 1977
Posted By: Marty

Re: OMG! Natural Gas Bill............. - 08/08/22 08:54 PM

The eu is gonna have a nat gas crisis this winter....wonder of joe will send them ours? Maybe he will send china some also?
Posted By: warrior

Re: OMG! Natural Gas Bill............. - 08/08/22 08:54 PM

But at least we're not in a recession yet. Well that depends on what the definition of recession is.

Re: OMG! Natural Gas Bill............. - 08/08/22 09:00 PM

Wanna be, Because of my age I’m invested pretty aggressively. Like I said, I’ve got a long time to recover, and when the market starts swinging back the other direction it’ll climb back up just as quickly as it dipped down.

Won’t matter though if I have to cash it out to keep from starving
Posted By: BigBob

Re: OMG! Natural Gas Bill............. - 08/08/22 09:23 PM

I went out back and gave my firewood pile a big kiss and a hug!
Posted By: Actor

Re: OMG! Natural Gas Bill............. - 08/08/22 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by beeman

Garry-

Are you talking propane or natural gas?

Is this your even pay plan with your gas company?

I am talking Natural Gas and it is our Budget Plan, i.e., you pay that amount every month for a whole year .... unless it goes up and then they change the rate during the year.

Garry-
Posted By: Foxpaw

Re: OMG! Natural Gas Bill............. - 08/08/22 10:02 PM

More than 30 yrs ago our small electric coop put that request out in the mail. The preacher at the local church worked for the power company and was pushing to lower the high arching ceiling in the church down to 8 foot. One little old lady rebelled and he didn't get the job done.
A lot of people in the 2 counties did do many of those things. Then in less than 2 years our coop raised the rates with the excuse that we didn't use enough electricity to get a discount from their supplier from out of state.
Maybe they should have sent out a big Thank You for lowering your usage with their rate increase letter !
Posted By: Broomchaser

Re: OMG! Natural Gas Bill............. - 08/08/22 11:05 PM

Garry-

The way I cut cats, right behind the ears to make certain.
Posted By: keets

Re: OMG! Natural Gas Bill............. - 08/09/22 12:07 AM

Garry-

C'MON MAN... grin....WE'RE CHANGING PEOPLES LIVES
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: OMG! Natural Gas Bill............. - 08/09/22 01:38 AM

Vote democrat. What could possibly go wrong?
Posted By: Cletis Richards

Re: OMG! Natural Gas Bill............. - 08/09/22 01:49 AM

If the FBI can raid Trumps home......where do you think the common working man or woman stands
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: OMG! Natural Gas Bill............. - 08/09/22 01:54 AM

I don’t think the common working man or woman is in the FBI’s radar. Keep a low profile and you’ll have nothing to fear. Also get in good with your local sheriff…he’s elected.
Posted By: KeithC

Re: OMG! Natural Gas Bill............. - 08/09/22 02:49 AM

Garry, Ohio gives qualified older people home energy assistance, through a federal program.

https://development.ohio.gov/individual/energy-assistance/1-home-energy-assistance-program

From what you have previously posted, I think it's likely you qualify. I hope it helps,

Keith
Posted By: Willy Firewood

Re: OMG! Natural Gas Bill............. - 08/09/22 06:42 AM

[Linked Image]

There is no energy shortage!
Here in Ohio on private land we are drilling new wells. The new wells and the existing wells are producing!
People would be shocked if they learned how much oil and gas an average well produces per month.

The politicians have sabotaged our country.
They are traitors!

In October, 2021 I bought two entire year’s worth of heating oil, on-road diesel, and off-road diesel. Plus we have 2 years worth of firewood in the woodshed.
Posted By: walleye101

Re: OMG! Natural Gas Bill............. - 08/09/22 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by KeithC
Garry, Ohio gives qualified older people home energy assistance, through a federal program.

https://development.ohio.gov/individual/energy-assistance/1-home-energy-assistance-program

From what you have previously posted, I think it's likely you qualify. I hope it helps,

Keith

Imagine that, government intervention drives the price of natural gas up to the point it is becoming unaffordable and then government swoops in with a Federal program to assist and make you more dependent of the government. I wonder how that ends?

Re: OMG! Natural Gas Bill............. - 08/09/22 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by Willy Firewood
[Linked Image]

There is no energy shortage!
Here in Ohio on private land we are drilling new wells. The new wells and the existing wells are producing!
People would be shocked if they learned how much oil and gas an average well produces per month.

The politicians have sabotaged our country.
They are traitors!

In October, 2021 I bought two entire year’s worth of heating oil, on-road diesel, and off-road diesel. Plus we have 2 years worth of firewood in the woodshed.

I spent ten years in the oilfield in ND and I agree. Some of those wells flare off enough natural gas in a half hour to heat my house for the rest of my life. It’s not uncommon for a new well in the Bakken to make 1,000-2,000 barrels of crude oil a day. From ONE well, one of thousands. Energy shortage my butt.
Posted By: Trapper Dahlgren

Re: OMG! Natural Gas Bill............. - 08/09/22 10:54 PM

everything is going up so fast, don't know how people are going to make it, we were fine till we had to start raising our grandkids, really puts a crunch on the budget,
Posted By: MTHunter

Re: OMG! Natural Gas Bill............. - 08/09/22 11:35 PM

If you have a high utility bill you need to: Blow in more insulation!

My house had R39 (code) in the attic. The Dept of Energy says R49 for my area. I blew in another R20 for a total of R60 in the attic.

R60 made a big difference and was inexpensive. Great place to start.
Posted By: hippie

Re: OMG! Natural Gas Bill............. - 08/09/22 11:44 PM

Not even funny to think what the older folks here are gonna face in heating bills this winter,
Posted By: walleye101

Re: OMG! Natural Gas Bill............. - 08/10/22 01:50 AM

Originally Posted by MTHunter
If you have a high utility bill you need to: Blow in more insulation!

My house had R39 (code) in the attic. The Dept of Energy says R49 for my area. I blew in another R20 for a total of R60 in the attic.

R60 made a big difference and was inexpensive. Great place to start.

No, a great place to start is throwing the bums out that caused this spike in natural gas prices! Then insulate all you want.
Posted By: BandB

Re: OMG! Natural Gas Bill............. - 08/10/22 02:05 AM

I just paid 3.19 a gallon for LP. In July. Gonna be rough this winter
© 2024 Trapperman Forums