Home

Morning Glory..

Posted By: Macthediver

Morning Glory.. - 08/10/22 07:59 PM

Dang morning Glory plants. When we first move here 30 some years ago. The wife actually planted a few along one fence. That was a mistake and I have been fighting them ever since. I have never liked using chemicals but have used round-up on more than a few morning glory.
Went out side to put the canner on the LP burner. Look at little hatch that leave by the smoker to chop my smoking wood. Dang Morning Glory trying use it for a trellis. I know I don't move the hatchet often. But come on..lol
He dead now..
Probably should have potted it as it was sold it to someone likes over priced art.

[Linked Image]

Mac
Posted By: Bob

Re: Morning Glory.. - 08/10/22 09:07 PM

I wish morning glory’s would grow here without intensive care! I got some to grow along my moms fence and she absolutely loves them, I hope they keep coming back forever. They need to be watered daily here or they just die.
Posted By: BigBob

Re: Morning Glory.. - 08/10/22 10:19 PM

As a kid I grew them, easy to do and very rewarding.
Posted By: wetdog

Re: Morning Glory.. - 08/10/22 10:23 PM

Morning Glory is Big medicine in some Indian tribes
Posted By: biotrapper

Re: Morning Glory.. - 08/10/22 11:29 PM

roundup not very effective on morning glory
Posted By: upstateNY

Re: Morning Glory.. - 08/10/22 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by wetdog

Made the mistake of growing some of them here.If its big medicine for some Indian Tribes,,then my house is a drug store.They went wild all over the place. smile
Posted By: wetdog

Re: Morning Glory.. - 08/11/22 12:02 AM

Do you want to go on a vision quest? Lol
Posted By: Yukon John

Re: Morning Glory.. - 08/11/22 12:12 AM

Originally Posted by Bob
I wish morning glory’s would grow here without intensive care! I got some to grow along my moms fence and she absolutely loves them, I hope they keep coming back forever. They need to be watered daily here or they just die.

Probably the most blasphemous statement I've read on trapperman!

Re: Morning Glory.. - 08/11/22 12:12 AM

Originally Posted by biotrapper
roundup not very effective on morning glory

Mix with 24D
Posted By: AntiGov

Re: Morning Glory.. - 08/11/22 12:16 AM

Wife planted some a couple yrs ago , what a mistake
Posted By: Trapper5123

Re: Morning Glory.. - 08/11/22 12:19 AM

Big medicine in my garden. Try picking green beans that's vines are intwined with them.
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: Morning Glory.. - 08/11/22 12:21 AM

your wife too

mine thought hey were great when we moved to this house 18 years ago , she has been apologizing about that as she sees them for about 14

Re: Morning Glory.. - 08/11/22 12:36 AM

I might feel different about them if they took over, but they stay nice and contained, since they can’t grow anywhere that you don’t water them.

Re: Morning Glory.. - 08/11/22 12:41 AM

Originally Posted by Bob
I might feel different about them if they took over, but they stay nice and contained, since they can’t grow anywhere that you don’t water them.

One man's trash is another's treasure, I guess. Lol

Re: Morning Glory.. - 08/11/22 12:43 AM

Anything green around here that isn’t Russian thistle is indeed a treasure! It’s not called the desert for no reason lol
Posted By: Strut10

Re: Morning Glory.. - 08/11/22 12:50 AM

Wild ones here strangle our Christmas tree seedlings. Gotta go tree by tree in the fields in mid-July pulling the dumb things out.

Re: Morning Glory.. - 08/11/22 01:03 AM

Originally Posted by Bob

They'll end up in other watered flower beds around the house where you don't want them . Then you have to kill everything off in that flower bed or you'll be cussing the rest of your life

Re: Morning Glory.. - 08/11/22 01:11 AM

Originally Posted by AntiGov
Originally Posted by Bob

They'll end up in other watered flower beds around the house where you don't want them . Then you have to kill everything off in that flower bed or you'll be cussing the rest of your life

I'd say he has a handle on them, lol. Probably can't grow sweet potatoes either, since they're related.

Re: Morning Glory.. - 08/11/22 02:11 AM

Nothing “desirable” grows here without irrigation. We get a total of 8” of rain a year on average

Re: Morning Glory.. - 08/11/22 04:03 AM

Originally Posted by Bob
Nothing “desirable” grows here without irrigation. We get a total of 8” of rain a year on average

Same here , sage and juniper are about it . Everything else needs additional water almost daily in the summer .

We get about 11" annually here
Posted By: Lufkin Trapper

Re: Morning Glory.. - 08/11/22 04:22 AM

Originally Posted by Trapper5123
Big medicine in my garden. Try picking green beans that's vines are intwined with them.

That's what hoes are for.
Posted By: KeithC

Re: Morning Glory.. - 08/11/22 05:14 AM

At my old house, I had Dolichos lablab (hyacinth bean) and cherry tomatoes that grew in my front flower bed and up the metal lattice work of my porch, onto my roof. Morning glory showed up on its own. I recognized it, before it bloomed and left it. I liked it for 2 years. From the third year on I had to fight the morning glory, to keep it from taking over and no longer liked it.

Keith
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Morning Glory.. - 08/11/22 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by upstateNY
Originally Posted by wetdog

Made the mistake of growing some of them here.If its big medicine for some Indian Tribes,,then my house is a drug store.They went wild all over the place. smile

grin
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Morning Glory.. - 08/11/22 01:22 PM

The seeds are a hallucinogen
Posted By: mole

Re: Morning Glory.. - 08/11/22 02:47 PM

Dr. Timothy Leary had a summer camp on Cranberry Lake, Adirondacks. Morning Glory Lodge.
Posted By: 52Carl

Re: Morning Glory.. - 08/12/22 03:19 AM

Originally Posted by Lufkin Trapper
Originally Posted by Trapper5123

That's what hoes are for.

Mine's to busy mowing the lawn, and cleaning house to be picking weeds...
Posted By: warrior

Re: Morning Glory.. - 08/12/22 03:21 AM

ROFL
© 2024 Trapperman Forums