Home

Hello Kansas

Posted By: Cedar Hacker

Hello Kansas - 08/11/22 04:07 PM

A local young rancher/rodeo hand went up to your Dodge City Roundup last week and came home with the all around champion title. He spoke highly of your event and the people associated with it.
His grand father passed away this past May and was a director of the NFR for 35 years or so. He probably had a party in his casket.

Sam "Slammer" Powers in action. Oh, he won over $7,000 in steer wrestling and tie down roping.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Hello Kansas - 08/11/22 04:33 PM

nice. tough sport and tougher yet to get good at
Posted By: Grandpa Trapper

Re: Hello Kansas - 08/11/22 05:33 PM

Not much money for a sport so dangerous. I guess it has to be for the love and thrill of the game to do it and the little money they make is just a bonus.
Posted By: Cedar Hacker

Re: Hello Kansas - 08/11/22 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by Grandpa Trapper
Not much money for a sport so dangerous. I guess it has to be for the love and thrill of the game to do it and the little money they make is just a bonus.

Yeah, it only paid $250 per second. But, but expenses are high.

The way of life is in his blood as his great grandfather, grandfather, father and now him, all ranchers that played in the rodeo pen. Always flirting with danger in and out of the arena.
Posted By: Yukon John

Re: Hello Kansas - 08/12/22 01:05 AM

Kansans are some of the best folks you'll ever meet!
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: Hello Kansas - 08/12/22 01:07 AM

Originally Posted by Yukon John
Kansans are some of the best folks you'll ever meet!

I’ll second that!
Posted By: ks wolfer

Re: Hello Kansas - 08/12/22 02:13 AM

one of my granddaughters made the main event. She was a mutton buster. My family has ranched just south of Dodge since 1884. Thanks for the Kansas compliments. Dodge has a pretty good rodeo.
Posted By: Marty

Re: Hello Kansas - 08/12/22 02:28 AM

Ks. B Good.
Posted By: micheal

Re: Hello Kansas - 08/12/22 11:44 AM

Nice
Posted By: lee steinmeyer

Re: Hello Kansas - 08/12/22 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by Grandpa Trapper

Kinda like trapping, huh!

Welcome to Ks, a great place to live. When you go home, leave it like you found it, but that's the best rule anywhere!
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: Hello Kansas - 08/12/22 05:55 PM

Dodge City puts on a great rodeo. One of my friends coaches at the college and puts on the bull fights. His son Waycee Munsel is a 2x world champion.
Posted By: west river rogue

Re: Hello Kansas - 08/12/22 05:57 PM

I like kansas folk!
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Hello Kansas - 08/12/22 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by ks wolfer
one of my granddaughters made the main event. She was a mutton buster. My family has ranched just south of Dodge since 1884. Thanks for the Kansas compliments. Dodge has a pretty good rodeo.

Very Cool
© 2024 Trapperman Forums