Home

Umbilical hernia repair

Posted By: Bass1

Umbilical hernia repair - 08/18/22 03:40 PM

Had the procedure done Tuesday morning, laroscopic with mesh under the abdominal wall. Yeah, I'm feeling it. For those of you who have had this done, what is your recovery experience?
Posted By: loosegoose

Re: Umbilical hernia repair - 08/18/22 04:04 PM

I had double inguinal hernia surgery earlier this year. It hurt like female dog for a couple weeks, but wasn't a big deal after that. Every once in a while I can still feel it, just a little.

The biggest pain while healing was bending at the waist. Not so much while standing, but while laying down
I could t get up on my own for the first couple days, and if I jerked my legs up when the kids or dog came running at me out of concern of them jumping on my lap, it about brought me to tears. But after a couple weeks I was all back to normal.
Posted By: trappinia

Re: Umbilical hernia repair - 08/18/22 04:12 PM

I think I was hurting for about a week .
Posted By: AKAjust

Re: Umbilical hernia repair - 08/18/22 04:28 PM

I have that hernia. No problems. very small and I don't notice it in regular activities. Not at all when straining. Had it for years. Am I just lucky or should I do something about it? What are the complications?
just
Posted By: charles

Re: Umbilical hernia repair - 08/18/22 04:46 PM

I had it done about 18 months ago. Surgeon needed two pieces of mesh to mend 14” of hernia. She put the mesh within layers of the belly wall rather than inside the wall. That keeps my guts from growing to the mesh and making a future surgery almost impossible. A friend of mine had mesh on the inside. His guts grew into the mesh. Could not have cancer surgery for prostate cancer because it was not possible to move his intestines out of the way.

Glad you had the new method. Try not to cough or sneeze. Take an anti histamine every morning for a while.
Posted By: gcs

Re: Umbilical hernia repair - 08/18/22 06:48 PM

Had it done in 2011, Doc said you can go to work the next day. Not sure what kind of work he was thinking of but trust me , you can't, lol
Laughing, sneezing, coughing and sitting up from prone was "interesting", If I remember right it was at least a week before you felt like moving....and I can tolerate a lot of pain....
Posted By: iowayote

Re: Umbilical hernia repair - 08/18/22 08:03 PM

Dont cough, sneeze, burp, fart, poop or blink and you should be fine. Mine was horrible. Cut me open like a fish.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums