portable shooting bench? - 08/22/22 07:05 PM

anyone have a favorite?

Thanks!
Posted By: Guss

Re: portable shooting bench? - 08/22/22 07:15 PM

I just use a folding table
Posted By: Yes sir

Re: portable shooting bench? - 08/22/22 07:19 PM

I made one out of an old wheel chair. Made it for my boy who is in a wheelchair but the rest of us use it too. The wheelchair made a very solid platform for a portable shooting bench.
Posted By: ebfarmer

Re: portable shooting bench? - 08/22/22 07:43 PM

I have a Caldwell Stable Table, it seems to be pretty good so far, but I'm still not sure about it. It isn't quite as rock solid as I would like but it's pretty good for a portable bench.
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: portable shooting bench? - 08/22/22 08:17 PM

not really what your asking about but what I use the most either on the ground or across the hood of my truck or even over the bench at the range
https://www.midwayusa.com/product/939101910?pid=276544

we do have benches at the range and I do used them some , I am not a huge fan of the position a lot of benches put you in very up right and not leaning into the recoil not like your likely to be in the feild.

I also like to be sighted in with a sling , because I know it is what I will have with me later

prone is my preferred position and I have been thinking about building one of the prone benches for the range which is really just a platform to give you a little angle and make it more comfortable to lay there a while and get up and down.

very few examples of them online this is what I would model it after
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Willy Firewood

Re: portable shooting bench? - 08/22/22 10:06 PM

I have a folding shooting bench that I bought years ago from cabelas.
Strong, sturdy, and no movement.
Posted By: Monster Toms

Re: portable shooting bench? - 08/22/22 10:16 PM

Plastic tables here.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Flint Hill fur

Re: portable shooting bench? - 08/22/22 11:17 PM

I just shoot over the hood of my taco. Lay down a coat an good enough. I don't shoot far though.
Posted By: 1lessdog

Re: portable shooting bench? - 08/23/22 12:48 PM

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

I made quite a few of these benches. Seat goes up and down and back and forth. Attaches to receiver hitch
Posted By: MattLA

Re: portable shooting bench? - 08/23/22 12:50 PM

I have the portable tripod rest that I use always, it's actually portable. It's called the Caldwell Deadshot field portable tripod. Amazing, lightweight and I have yet to have a problem.
Posted By: Diggerman

Re: portable shooting bench? - 08/23/22 01:19 PM

I havent found one that is stable enough for me. I've tried a few. portable means portable, getting away from the truck. I've found that drag bags are the best option.
Posted By: MB Coonguy

Re: portable shooting bench? - 08/23/22 02:05 PM

I have tried a few and they were never stable enough for me. I always preferred the ground sheet or a permanent bench made from concrete. JMO
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: portable shooting bench? - 08/23/22 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by Tofan
I have the portable tripod rest that I use always, it's actually portable. It's called the Caldwell Deadshot field portable tripod. Amazing, lightweight and I have yet to have a problem.

I bought mine over 12 years ago. One of the legs slips and slips down now. It was well worth the money I paid for it. My primary reason for buying nit was fro my kids to shoo deer off of when they were small and I keep them limited to hunting off the ground. There I'd no way I would have let my boys at 7 year old shoot at a deer at 97 yards or 102 with out it. Both deer dropped
Posted By: ghhunter

Re: portable shooting bench? - 08/30/22 01:02 AM

Check out the doa tactical bench.I plan on getting one for my retirement gift to myself at the end of the year.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums