Home

Whew.... Bama

Posted By: yotetrapper30

Whew.... Bama - 09/10/22 08:01 PM

That was sure close. I don't recall seeing Bama play that poorly in a LONG time. They have a lot of work to do if they want to even make the playoffs let alone provide any sort of a challenge to GA.

On another note, Texas sure showed that they're worthy of being an SEC team.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Whew.... Bama - 09/10/22 08:03 PM

Arkansas didn't look bad. Need to shore up the secondary. Injury bug has hit the secondary.
Posted By: jbyrd63

Re: Whew.... Bama - 09/10/22 08:05 PM

Yep bama sucks in the state of texas !!! Last year a&M got them. Ky and Fla showcase game of the week! YES !did I say that correctly? KY and FLA . Rest of college football will be on an insulin drip for diabetes from all the cupcakes they ate this week.....
Posted By: corky

Re: Whew.... Bama - 09/10/22 08:13 PM

Pregame the Texas fans had a sign saying “Saban killed the queen “.lol
Posted By: Turtledale

Re: Whew.... Bama - 09/10/22 08:34 PM

Bama still got one in the win column. In the end nobody remembers the score just the W. Doesn't matter if you win by one or thirty one.
Didn't watch the game myself but the Mrs is a dyed in the wool (red) fan. She was yellin' at the TV at one point in the game and cheering the rest.
She gets as worked up over football as I do when I see that mink tail flowing back and forth in the current
Posted By: Nittany Lion

Re: Whew.... Bama - 09/10/22 08:52 PM

Let's see how this plays out. Last week Ohio State beat a highly ranked Notre Dame by 11 points and dropped in the polls. This week Alabama squeaks out a win against an unranked team. According to what happened to the Buckeyes, Alabama should drop too. jbyrd, not everybody is playing a cupcake like Georgia is, how about Pitt and Tennessee? Plus there are some other decent games.
Posted By: Flicker Shad

Re: Whew.... Bama - 09/10/22 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by Turtledale
Bama still got one in the win column. In the end nobody remembers the score just the W. Doesn't matter if you win by one or thirty one.
Didn't watch the game myself but the Mrs is a dyed in the wool (red) fan. She was yellin' at the TV at one point in the game and cheering the rest.
She gets as worked up over football as I do when I see that mink tail flowing back and forth in the current

You're correct. I remembering watching Auburn beating Bama a couple years ago. Bowl game I think?

Re: Whew.... Bama - 09/10/22 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by Nittany Lion
Let's see how this plays out. Last week Ohio State beat a highly ranked Notre Dame by 11 points and dropped in the polls. This week Alabama squeaks out a win against an unranked team. According to what happened to the Buckeyes, Alabama should drop too. jbyrd, not everybody is playing a cupcake like Georgia is, how about Pitt and Tennessee? Plus there are some other decent games.

They will Ga will be number 1
OH ST 2
bama 3
PLus ND will not be ranked after losing to marshall. 26-15 four min left ' So basically OH ST beat an unranked team barely at the horseshoe !!!
Bama barely beat a texas team on the road. 20 penalties about did the tide in

Ok remember you opened the bakery!
OH ST vs ARK ST jelly donut
wake forest vs vandy choc eclaire
Miami vs So Miss
Nc st vs char so
Utah vs So Utah
ND LOSING to marshall
Clemson squaring off with PH furman
T a&M vs APP ST
Wisc vs Wash
GA vs samford
Mi ST VS AKRON
Ky vs FLA
OKL vs kent st
MICH vs Hawaii
Penn st vs mighty OHIO U
Pitt vs tenn
Baylor vs BYU might be good

So 3 games out of ever how many "might " be good

Re: Whew.... Bama - 09/10/22 10:00 PM

Your definition and my definition of a good game must be different as your definition of a cupcake might be too. I counted at least 5 games in your list as being good games. A good game doesn't have to be 1 Vs. 2. I do not consider any Power 5 school to be a cupcake. There are some weak power 5 teams, but they are not cupcakes like Mercer and Samford.

Re: Whew.... Bama - 09/10/22 10:33 PM

true to a degree... akron?

Or any pac -12 team lol
Posted By: Dan D

Re: Whew.... Bama - 09/10/22 10:59 PM

Party is about to start in Boone, NC

Re: Whew.... Bama - 09/10/22 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by Dan D
Party is about to start in Boone, NC

Is that App. States home?
Posted By: Dan D

Re: Whew.... Bama - 09/10/22 11:01 PM

Yep

Re: Whew.... Bama - 09/10/22 11:04 PM

Hey jbyrd, when was the last time a SEC team lost to a cream puff like Appalachian State?
Posted By: BandB

Re: Whew.... Bama - 09/10/22 11:10 PM

This is the same highly ranked Notre Dame that just lost to Marshall?

Re: Whew.... Bama - 09/10/22 11:21 PM

Hey jbyrd, when was the last time a SEC team lost to a cream puff like Appalachian State?

I remember watching Appalachian State upset Michigan in 2007 I believe was the year.

Re: Whew.... Bama - 09/10/22 11:34 PM

I'd be shocked if Bama doesn't drop in the polls. They should.
Posted By: marathonman

Re: Whew.... Bama - 09/10/22 11:57 PM

Spent a weekend in Boone,NC years ago visited App St they do take their football serious and all things considered do pretty well.
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: Whew.... Bama - 09/11/22 01:09 AM

In the past the only way number one fell was if they lost. Hence my post about there shouldn’t be any rankings until at least the third week of the season. For some reason ND gets ranked within the top 10 about every year and never live up to the hype. There were a lot of ranked teams beaten by unranked teams today. And a lot of ranked teams that should have destroyed unranked teams and didn’t…Georgia comes to mind.
Posted By: TurkeyWrangler

Re: Whew.... Bama - 09/11/22 02:06 AM

Great day all the way around. I think I liked the way Texas got beat better than a blow out. They were so close, only to get their hearts ripped out. Loved the AM loss. Also loved Missouri getting whipped. And any time ND goes down it's a good day. Oh, and my Hogs picked up a nice conference win. Like I said to start with, just a great day all the way around.
Posted By: Michigander

Re: Whew.... Bama - 09/11/22 02:19 AM

Originally Posted by Flicker Shad

I remember watching Appalachian State upset Michigan in 2007 I believe was the year.

I was at that game. Was pretty quiet afterwards, 100k people in shock.
Posted By: Kansasace2

Re: Whew.... Bama - 09/11/22 02:27 AM

Texas will be a big pain in the sec rear end just like they were for the old Southwest Confrence and the Big Twelve. You will never ever match the money that that program swims in. No one in the country has the funds they do! And you will also find they will do less with more than any team in the nation. Be careful for what you wish for...

Re: Whew.... Bama - 09/11/22 03:16 AM

Today lol!

Might knock out mich lost to them as biggest upset all time But mich was ranked 5 where a&m was 6
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Ohio Wolverine

Re: Whew.... Bama - 09/11/22 04:12 AM

The higher ranked teams play some small college teams just to help out small college at the gate.
Not sure how they split the gate, but that's what I heard when Ohio State played Kent State , much like Michigan playing Akron.

Re: Whew.... Bama - 09/11/22 04:22 AM

Originally Posted by Kansasace2
Texas will be a big pain in the sec rear end just like they were for the old Southwest Confrence and the Big Twelve. You will never ever match the money that that program swims in. No one in the country has the funds they do! And you will also find they will do less with more than any team in the nation. Be careful for what you wish for...

Interesting. I didn't believe that (about the most well funded) so had to google it and you're not right, but you're dang close. They're #2. Harvard is #1.

Interestingly, Bama's not even in the top 20. Which makes their program's success even more impressive.

Re: Whew.... Bama - 09/11/22 03:04 PM

Just goes to show how weak the SEC is, lol. An unranked Texas team comes within a heartbeat of beating the mighty Alabama Elephants, Texas A & M losing to a Cream Puff and a basketball school beating the Mighty Florida Gators. BTW, that basketball school has a quarterback that couldn't win a starting job at Penn State so he transferred.

Re: Whew.... Bama - 09/11/22 03:39 PM

Just goes to show how weak the SEC is, lol. An unranked Texas team comes within a heartbeat of beating the mighty Alabama Elephants, Texas A & M losing to a Cream Puff and a basketball school beating the Mighty Florida Gators. BTW, that basketball school has a quarterback that couldn't win a starting job at Penn State so he transferred.

Yet just about every year the lowly SEC seems to be in contention for the National Championship…

Re: Whew.... Bama - 09/11/22 03:42 PM

Not talking about the past few years, we are in the present.
Posted By: warrior

Re: Whew.... Bama - 09/11/22 03:57 PM

Not talking about the past few years, we are in the present.

The eternal hope, last years SEC dominance matters not. This year will be different, lol.

What is the definition of insanity?
Posted By: ky_coyote_hunter

Re: Whew.... Bama - 09/11/22 04:05 PM

Historically a lot of these big college football teams have close games (especially early on) that no one expects, and it's a combination of the opposing team bringing their best to knock off the king of the hill, and more often than not, the king of the hill just isn't motivated enough to bring high intensity, and barely squeeks by, or gets it handed to them.

If all the marbles were on the table, it would have been different and brutal.

And Kentucky beating Florida doesn't make them a better football team, not really, not even close....Same with Texas and Alabama, not really, not even close.

Re: Whew.... Bama - 09/11/22 04:09 PM

It's Sunday!!!!!! Real games today. Lol.

Re: Whew.... Bama - 09/11/22 04:13 PM

It seems that teams play to the caliber of their opposition. Why? I have NO clue, but it happens every year. A powerhouse team dumbs down when playing someone they KNOW they should beat by 40+, but let them face a serious competitor the very next week and they’ll eat them alive and embarrass them. That’s college football…there’s always that one underdog that is not taken seriously and they’ll make you humble real quick.

Re: Whew.... Bama - 09/11/22 05:50 PM

Why so much hate for KY? They were ranked #20 coming into this season so it's not like they're exactly a cupcake. I expect to see KY in the top ten at some point this season, which, Nittany, is more than I can say for Penn St. Maybe they should have kept their quarterback?

Re: Whew.... Bama - 09/11/22 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by yotetrapper30
I expect to see KY in the top ten at some point this season, which, Nittany, is more than I can say for Penn St. Maybe they should have kept their quarterback?

We shall see. Apparently you don't know much about the Penn State quarterback situation.

Re: Whew.... Bama - 09/11/22 06:37 PM

Arkansas will surprise all of you if they get the secondary shored up. They remind me of the Alabama teams of old, that would just run at will grinding down the opposing defense.

Re: Whew.... Bama - 09/11/22 06:42 PM

There aren’t many pushover teams in the SEC this year. No one is a guaranteed win over another SEC competitor. You better be on your A game all season.

Re: Whew.... Bama - 09/11/22 07:08 PM

As expected, Bama dropped to #2.

It's GA, Bama, OH ST, Mich.

KYs up to 9, Ark is 10. Penn State has made the board at #22.

I didn't know KY would make the top 10 that quickly.

8 SEC teams in the top 25. Only 4 Big 10 teams.

Re: Whew.... Bama - 09/11/22 07:21 PM

As expected, Bama dropped to #2.

It's GA, Bama, OH ST, Mich.

KYs up to 9, Ark is 10. Penn State has made the board at #22.

I didn't know KY would make the top 10 that quickly.

8 SEC teams in the top 25. Only 4 Big 10 teams.

Only issue is we’ll knock ourselves out of the rankings once we play.

Re: Whew.... Bama - 09/11/22 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by Wanna Be

Yet just about every year the lowly SEC seems to be in contention for the National Championship…

But how many of those quarterbacks backs go on to be nfl stars? Not many.
Posted By: hippie

Re: Whew.... Bama - 09/11/22 07:33 PM

It's Sunday!!!!!! Real games today. Lol.

Closer matched, that's for sure!

Re: Whew.... Bama - 09/11/22 08:39 PM

I'm looking forward to the Penn State/Auburn game next week. I'll probably watch it more than the Bama game since Bama is playing a cupcake. I wish they were on at different times, as I like watching Bama no matter who they play, but they're both midafternoon games. I haven't watched either of those teams play this year, but we'll find out if Penn St is good like Nittany is insinuating by them playing an SEC team.

Re: Whew.... Bama - 09/12/22 01:52 AM

Where did I insinuate that Penn State is good? They are a middle of the road team, the past two seasons they have won 11 and lost 11. I hope I live long enough to see Penn State have a good team.
Posted By: AirportTrapper

Re: Whew.... Bama - 09/12/22 01:59 AM

Rank the top 10 teams for us... anyone.

Re: Whew.... Bama - 09/12/22 02:08 AM

1 Georgia (53) 1,561 2 2-0
2 Alabama (9) 1,496 1 2-0
3 Ohio State (1) 1,475 3 2-0
4 Michigan 1,359 4 2-0
5 Clemson 1,285 5 2-0
6 Oklahoma 1,209 7 2-0
7 Southern California 1,139 10 2-0
8 Oklahoma State 1,004 11 2-0
9 Kentucky 992 20 2-0
10 Arkansas 938 16 2-0

Re: Whew.... Bama - 09/12/22 02:09 AM

Who is Southern California and what conference are they in? Is that USC?
Posted By: AirportTrapper

Re: Whew.... Bama - 09/12/22 02:11 AM

I was more interested in how everyone would rank the teams themselves. Not the official rankings.

Re: Whew.... Bama - 09/12/22 03:25 AM

Who is Southern California and what conference are they in? Is that USC?

Yes. Pac 12

Re: Whew.... Bama - 09/12/22 05:10 AM

I expect to see KY in the top ten at some point this season, which, Nittany, is more than I can say for Penn St. Maybe they should have kept their quarterback?

We shall see. Apparently you don't know much about the Penn State quarterback situation.

Yea penn st Q B situation is pretty easy described They suck and the one that left because he wasn’t good enough won a bowl game last season and is undefeated this year what’s penn st record since he left lol lol lol

Re: Whew.... Bama - 09/12/22 05:14 AM

Yea levins beat the 15 ranked Iowa last year in a bowl game

Re: Whew.... Bama - 09/12/22 05:17 AM

1 Georgia (53) 1,561 2 2-0
2 Alabama (9) 1,496 1 2-0
3 Ohio State (1) 1,475 3 2-0
4 Michigan 1,359 4 2-0
5 Clemson 1,285 5 2-0
6 Oklahoma 1,209 7 2-0
7 Southern California 1,139 10 2-0
8 Oklahoma State 1,004 11 2-0
9 Kentucky 992 20 2-0
10 Arkansas 938 16 2-0

Hey Nittany don’t see penn st on here! That QB on that 9 th ranked team looked pretty good as soon as he got to play on a team that Believe in him

Re: Whew.... Bama - 09/12/22 09:56 AM

I told you Penn State was a middle of the pack team for the last two years, the present team has a bunch of true freshmen that will work their way into the starting lineup. They have a freshman quarterback and running back that in my opinion will be pretty darn good. Remember the names Drew Allar (quarterback) and Nick Singleton (running back). And another thing, you above all should know it doesn't matter where you are ranked early in the season, it is where you are ranked at the end of the season that counts. This years Penn State football team is very, very young. I hope Franklin has enough sense to move Allar into the starting lineup before this season is over. If Penn State can develop an offensive line, and that is a big if as they haven't had a good offensive line for a long time, this years team could surprise some people.

I always liked Will Levis, but Sean Clifford, according to Franklin beat him out for the starting job and Will wanted to start so he moved on. I actually root for Kentucky because of Will Levis, this is Clifford's 6th year, lol. If he would have had a good offensive line he would have done much better. Before this year is over he will probably own most of the passing records at Penn State, but then he should, he had 6 years to break them.
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Whew.... Bama - 09/12/22 11:16 AM

Nebraska fired Scott Frost. It's not how you play the game, it's whether you win or lose. Ridiculous.
Posted By: TurkeyWrangler

Re: Whew.... Bama - 09/12/22 05:46 PM

Re: Whew.... Bama - 09/12/22 06:38 PM

Haha! That was good, lol!!

Re: Whew.... Bama - 09/12/22 09:01 PM

Too funny !!

Re: Whew.... Bama - 09/21/22 10:26 PM

What do you call stars? Currently, 3 Alabama Quarterbacks are NFL starting QBs. I think that's pretty impressive.

Re: Whew.... Bama - 09/21/22 11:41 PM

Yea how’s was that tua 4 th quarter last Sunday? 4 td in last quarter!!!
Wow

Re: Whew.... Bama - 09/21/22 11:54 PM

What do you call stars? Currently, 3 Alabama Quarterbacks are NFL starting QBs. I think that's pretty impressive.

Miami's Tua Tagovailoa and New England's Mac Jones, who is the third one?

Re: Whew.... Bama - 09/22/22 12:02 AM

Philly's Jalen Hurts. He spent his last year at OK, but led AL to the playoffs twice before that. In the summer before his last year, Saban made him and Tua compete for the first string position, and Tua won it, so Hurts transferred.

Re: Whew.... Bama - 09/22/22 12:08 AM

So you want to give Alabama credit for Hurts, lol. If you google Alabama's quarterbacks in the NFL, Hurts is not listed.
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Whew.... Bama - 09/22/22 12:18 AM

Go HAWGS!

Re: Whew.... Bama - 09/22/22 12:49 AM

So you want to give Alabama credit for Hurts, lol. If you google Alabama's quarterbacks in the NFL, Hurts is not listed.

You getting senile or just need stronger glasses? LOL

[Linked Image]

But before you say that's Bing, not Google... here is Googles and he's not listed, but neither is Tua or Mac Jones, so not exactly a reliable reference. Scroll down to the first link on Google and click it, and he's listed in there.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: hippie

Re: Whew.... Bama - 09/22/22 01:08 AM

Y'all can just be glad Nittanys team played that other team instead of Bama! lol laugh

Re: Whew.... Bama - 09/22/22 01:44 AM

I scrolled down on your post and at the very bottom is says Alabama QBs in the NFL: Mac Jones, Tua Tagovailoa lead. But, anyhow if you can give Alabama credit for Hurts then will I be able to give Penn State credit for Will Levis when he gets drafted next year?

Re: Whew.... Bama - 09/22/22 02:06 AM

You'll have to take that up with whoever makes the rules on these things. Literally every sports site lists Jalen Hurts as being an AL QB who became an NFL QB. My personal feelings is it should be whatever school he played the most games at... but even that's not a perfect way. I don't know how they decide?

Here's a full list.

[Linked Image]

Link to above list - https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl...tua-tagovailoa/1p7tl6daqr8q1gts8fuqd6a6y

Re: Whew.... Bama - 09/22/22 02:13 AM

I don't really care, I am thankful the Eagles have Hurts. Thus far this year he has been doing a good job. He is an exciting player to watch.

Re: Whew.... Bama - 09/22/22 02:30 AM

I don't really care, I am thankful the Eagles have Hurts. Thus far this year he has been doing a good job. He is an exciting player to watch.

He is! I was mad when they gave the job to Tua... threw a bit of a fit, lol. Never would have believed how good Tua would do. I think both of them were much better than Mac Jones. But now this Bryce Young is another one to watch... I think he'll be going places too. Whenever I think Bama can't find a better QB than the one they have... they do, lol.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums