Home

Invasion of the western/free states

Posted By: K9BeavCoon

Invasion of the western/free states - 09/14/22 12:25 PM

I thought this was an interesting video. I’ve wanted to move west since my first elk hunt 12 years ago and the day I finally get the wife to say yes we’re gone. But when I’ve talked to guys from the western states about wanting to live out there I get a far off look. Haha. I get it, I hate commies too. I live just west of the cities and it’s been sad to see the family farms fold up around here and the city slickers moving out here and pushing their ideas on us. Is this video video an accurate depiction of what you guys are seeing out there?
Posted By: DWC

Re: Invasion of the western/free states - 09/14/22 02:22 PM

Link doesnt work.
Posted By: Gene Dziza

Re: Invasion of the western/free states - 09/14/22 02:38 PM

New people coming in is kind of a mess. Almost all of the new people I’ve met are refugees, escaping the political craziness of where they live but I’m sure there are plenty of people from the dark side immigrating too. The influx of visitors we got during Covid was crazy. You couldn’t find a parking spot at trailheads. I got in some real tangles hauling livestock to the trailheads with people in their rental cars. They don’t know how to act. I’ve got some stories. But, if you want to move, do it sooner rather than later. It’s not going to get better.
Posted By: wytex

Re: Invasion of the western/free states - 09/14/22 02:45 PM

We get more construction guys for a year or 2 then they head back to warmer weather.
No population explosion here.
Posted By: K9BeavCoon

Re: Invasion of the western/free states - 09/14/22 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by Gene Dziza
New people coming in is kind of a mess. Almost all of the new people I’ve met are refugees, escaping the political craziness of where they live but I’m sure there are plenty of people from the dark side immigrating too. The influx of visitors we got during Covid was crazy. You couldn’t find a parking spot at trailheads. I got in some real tangles hauling livestock to the trailheads with people in their rental cars. They don’t know how to act. I’ve got some stories. But, if you want to move, do it sooner rather than later. It’s not going to get better.

Last time I seriously looked at moving to western river SD was last spring and all that was available were multi million dollar ranches and some little development lots. I have a feeling it would take knowing someone to have the opportunity to get a smaller 15-40acre chunk of land that I could run a a few steers on and let my kids run around.
Posted By: nvwrangler

Re: Invasion of the western/free states - 09/14/22 07:37 PM

I couldn't watch too depressing

© 2024 Trapperman Forums