Home

Made in the U.S.A.

Posted By: Cragar

Made in the U.S.A. - 09/18/22 05:11 AM

Cool video , Modern Marvels/History channel. A tad long - 41:48 run time.

I am looking to buy any American made New Balance sneakers for my next pair I buy.

What ya got? Please post any 'Merican made products.
Posted By: Scuba1

Re: Made in the U.S.A. - 09/18/22 12:42 PM

My biggest disappointment was that the Mag7 Skill saw is made in bloody China. There is hardly a wood frame house on this continent that did not have a Skill saw on site during its construction. Ya could almost say that it is the saw that built modern America. And it is now together with the Bosh counterpart made in the same plant out of Chinesium.
Posted By: run

Re: Made in the U.S.A. - 09/18/22 02:33 PM

Makita still sells nice power tools but they are pricey.
Posted By: Scuba1

Re: Made in the U.S.A. - 09/18/22 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by run

And made in China
Posted By: run

Re: Made in the U.S.A. - 09/18/22 03:52 PM

Some of Makita power tools are made in Japan. You have to do research on it. Makita seems to care about country of origin. I'm sure you can find Chinese Makita tools. They may have a homeowner lineup that you are seeing. You have to shop @ industrial supply houses to double check on COO. I have been pleasantly surprised @ Makita's corded drills being assembled in the USA from Japanese components. Like I said they're 2-3X the price of a Milwaukee Chinese equivalent. Just my worthless 2 cents.
Posted By: charles

Re: Made in the U.S.A. - 09/18/22 03:54 PM

I was recently in Europe for 18 days. Several days I looked for American brands. Saw Ford, Levi, Nike, New Balance, Apple, and not much more. These items were probably not made in America.

Examined my clothing items. Think my leather best is American made.
Posted By: MNTrapper21

Re: Made in the U.S.A. - 09/18/22 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by run

That's all we use at work, they will run circles around Milwaukee any day. The only thing I've seen better made by Milwaukee than makita is their 1" impact and grease gun.
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Made in the U.S.A. - 09/18/22 04:09 PM

Places like Wolverine shoes sells both imported and US products just priced few hundred dollars apart is all. LaCrosse imports cheaper made booth then before but still command a higher price then they did before. The foam material is weak and the liners are paper thin compared to the US products that they sold in the past.

The Cabela’s Octane series boots are imported but is all around better quality for less.
Posted By: beartooth trapr

Re: Made in the U.S.A. - 09/18/22 06:02 PM

Hard to find anything U.S.A. made anymore, gotta shop hard to find it anyway.
Posted By: dustytinner

Re: Made in the U.S.A. - 09/18/22 06:21 PM

https://www.eaglegripusa.com/?gclid...iwE6Ah6XU6C15qImeynySjr5FGxoCtzEQAvD_BwE

They bought the old vise grip facility in DeWitt, Neb.
Posted By: Dirty D

Re: Made in the U.S.A. - 09/18/22 07:02 PM

you guys complain about Chinese made stuff and lament the decline of American made stuff have nobody to blame but yourselves.

How many times did you go to the store and buy the cheapest item you were looking for?

How many time did you buy American even tho it was 25% or more?

Americans have no body to blame but themselves.

Nationalism when in the store is a good thing.
Posted By: corky

Re: Made in the U.S.A. - 09/18/22 07:05 PM

I bought some “my slippers “ from the my pillow guy. Great product but disappointed that they are made in Cambodia.
Posted By: Flicker Shad

Re: Made in the U.S.A. - 09/18/22 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by Dirty D
you guys complain about Chinese made stuff and lament the decline of American made stuff have nobody to blame but yourselves.

How many times did you go to the store and buy the cheapest item you were looking for?

Agreed with everything you said. It's one reason I don't shop at Walmart. They sell junk and put good ma and pa shops out of business.
Posted By: MNTrapper21

Re: Made in the U.S.A. - 09/18/22 07:26 PM

Exactly, all the woke folks who shop at Walmart
Posted By: Dirt

Re: Made in the U.S.A. - 09/18/22 08:37 PM

I don't complain about Chinese stuff. I didn't complain about Japanese, Taiwanese, or Korean made stuff. A good shopper always looks for the best value in price verses quality. It is irrelevant where it is made. The simple fact is American labor costs and probably regulations result in much higher cost comparable products. That will not change.
Posted By: MattLA

Re: Made in the U.S.A. - 09/18/22 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by Dirt
I don't complain about Chinese stuff. I didn't complain about Japanese, Taiwanese, or Korean made stuff. A good shopper always looks for the best value in price verses quality. It is irrelevant where it is made. The simple fact is American labor costs and probably regulations result in much higher cost comparable products. That will not change.

See, people generally are ok with slavery as long as its not near us. Asian countries seem to be doing the heavy lifting in terms of slavery this century. As long as there is a bare mininum standard, Americans in general are ok with buying far cheaper products because they will do what it takes to make it last. If they dont want to do that, our asian slaves can turn out 5-8 quantity of what it would cost to buy just 1 American.
Posted By: Turtledale

Re: Made in the U.S.A. - 09/18/22 09:43 PM

Everybody wants china to buy our fur but the same people are against buying Chinese products, huh....

Re: Made in the U.S.A. - 09/18/22 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by Turtledale
Everybody wants china to buy our fur but the same people are against buying Chinese products, huh....

But they're not Chinese products. Many are American products. China just makes them for obvious reasons.
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Made in the U.S.A. - 09/18/22 09:51 PM

The best bet to get a product made in the US seems to be plastic items and some building materials.
Posted By: Dirt

Re: Made in the U.S.A. - 09/18/22 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by Tofan
Originally Posted by Dirt

See, people generally are ok with slavery as long as its not near us. Asian countries seem to be doing the heavy lifting in terms of slavery this century. As long as there is a bare mininum standard, Americans in general are ok with buying far cheaper products because they will do what it takes to make it last. If they dont want to do that, our asian slaves can turn out 5-8 quantity of what it would cost to buy just 1 American.

Been a slave to many of my fellow Americans my whole life. I believe most labor in Asia is not slave labor. Some may be, and I don't care. It is not my country. I'm not trying to push my values on the world. BTW What's the bible say about slavery?
Posted By: Flint Hill fur

Re: Made in the U.S.A. - 09/18/22 11:16 PM

We are all slaves to someone. Gov.wife.boss.inner monologue. We shop at local grocery's and buy made in USA when we can. Hard to get cashews for the weeks lunch snacks from USA....I totally understand that we can't have everything come from the USA an some things I can't afford not to buy foreign like vehicles for instance. I can't afford to keep a Chevy or Ford on the Rd that's just the facts. Although more an more things are outsourced to Mexico with a (assembled in USA) badge on it.
Posted By: G Hose

Re: Made in the U.S.A. - 09/18/22 11:28 PM

We need a website that sells only American products. Like Amazon but for only American made products. I do not shop Amazon, but their isn’t many things they don’t sell. We need one that sells American
Posted By: rex123

Re: Made in the U.S.A. - 09/18/22 11:39 PM

Just going to stir the pot. What if China decided to only buy products made or grown in China what would happen to the fur market? That is if it ever gets turned around again.
Posted By: K91773

Re: Made in the U.S.A. - 09/19/22 12:00 AM

I just ordered two pair of bib overalls from these folks, fair prices, quick shipping, appear to be good quality, fit true to their size guide, and USA made

https://www.round-house.com/products/851-round-house-made-in-usa-realtree-ap-camo-bib-overalls
Posted By: bhugo

Re: Made in the U.S.A. - 09/19/22 12:07 AM

Originally Posted by K91773
I just ordered two pair of bib overalls from these folks, fair prices, quick shipping, appear to be good quality, fit true to their size guide, and USA made

https://www.round-house.com/products/851-round-house-made-in-usa-realtree-ap-camo-bib-overalls

Those are great denim. Also, wild (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) jeans. I bought a couple pair several years ago.

I spend a lot of money buying made in USA clothes, boots, shoes, and tools. They always last and work hard.
Posted By: Cragar

Re: Made in the U.S.A. - 09/19/22 12:26 AM

Originally Posted by rex123
Just going to stir the pot. What if China decided to only buy products made or grown in China what would happen to the fur market? That is if it ever gets turned around again.

Actually the Chinese people prefer to buy imported goods if they can afford them. Most Chinese goods are inferior and the Chinese people know this. They can also be dangerous like baby formula. A few years ago a Chinese manafactuer made some baby formula that had things added to it to cut costs. It killed a bunch of babies. Imported baby formula is still in huge demand as very few trust domestic sources.
Posted By: Mike in A-town

Re: Made in the U.S.A. - 09/19/22 12:48 AM

Originally Posted by bhugo
Originally Posted by K91773

Those are great denim. Also, wild (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) jeans. I bought a couple pair several years ago.

I spend a lot of money buying made in USA clothes, boots, shoes, and tools. They always last and work hard.

Been wearing Round House for years... They aren't just American made, they're made "locally" here in Oklahoma.

I've bought a lot of their irregular items for a fraction of retail and couldn't find the flaws.

Mike
Posted By: Getting There

Re: Made in the U.S.A. - 09/19/22 12:59 AM

Posted By: Ohio Wolverine

Sad that very few know why our products are made in third world countries.
Our government ( doesn't matter which party they're both guilty) gave tax credits to companies that sent their products over seas.
Nike got a 20% tax cut to send their shoes to be made in Honduras  for pennies , and sell them here for $ 125.
All in favor of political correctness.
So do you wonder how much each politician gets per pair of shoes?
There's nothing we need that can't be fully produced here .
We even grow bannanas here, every grape on the planet are grown here.
We have the climate of the best growing median in the world .
How many in the south ever think about growing any fruit, vegetable , or plant that can be grown here, or anywhere in the world?
When I was a kid sugar beets were a huge crop in Michigan.
Yet cane surgar was also grown in the south.
There's very few things we can't produce right here.
Granted , below the Equator , they still produce what is out of season here, but don't they depend on us when seasons change?

Our problem is politicans love the kick back from donating to other countries.
How do you think they become millionaires on $174 , 000 .00 a year?
Investments? Maybe , makes me wonder how many pulled it all out under Biden.
Stocks are at a buy level now.
But wait a few more years .

Re: Made in the U.S.A. - 09/19/22 01:02 AM

I have to disagree with the above statement. The Co. that made the product left the U.S.A to make more money. It is as simple as that. Money talks a #()$ walks.. JMO

Re: Made in the U.S.A. - 09/19/22 01:03 AM

Originally Posted by rex123

Not many people make a living off of fur. That's not a great example.

Re: Made in the U.S.A. - 09/19/22 01:04 AM

Originally Posted by Getting There

I have to disagree with the above statement. The Co. that made the product left the U.S.A to make more money. It is as simple as that. Money talks a #()$ walks.. JMO

Not always. Some left because regulations forced them to.
Posted By: loosanarrow

Re: Made in the U.S.A. - 09/19/22 01:37 AM

If I am manufacturing in my little shop (which I am), and buying steel from the local steel supplier, and magnets from a company in the USA, and buy all of my welding consumables and stainless bolts from McMaster, I have a strong suspicion that almost all of that came from abroad. Is it “Made In USA”?
I buy one of my bolts directly from China, but I bet every one of them bought from McMaster was made in another country. Haven’t asked, but I bet the steel at Alro Steel wasn’t mined and produced in the USA. How mamy of the parts in my Lincoln welder are of USA origin? Was it assembled in USA? I don’t know.
I am about to do some advertising - is the ink Trappers Post is printed with from USA? The paper? I don’t know.
People tell me I should advertise as “Made In USA”, but I think “Assembled In USA” is about all I can really say.
Im guessing we would all be hard pressed to come up with much of our stuff that does not have parts or materials from abroad.
Posted By: loosanarrow

Re: Made in the U.S.A. - 09/19/22 01:45 AM

Originally Posted by Flicker Shad
Originally Posted by Getting There
[quote=Dirty D]you guys complain about Chinese made stuff and lament the decline of American made stuff have nobody to blame but yourselves.

Not always. Some left because regulations forced them to.

I had a buddy (passed away) who had a very successful business making medical footwear. He was a dyed in the wool American, Marine veteran, and as good a man as you will ever meet who cared about Americans and our economy. One day we were having refreshments at a buddies and he announced “Well guys, I just sent 3/4ths of my production to Vietnam.” He was not happy about it or proud of it. Of course we asked him why and his answer was fairly straightforward - he had a choice, he could send his production overseas and lower his prices to stay competitive or GO OUT OF BUSINESS. He almost had a tear in his eye, but in the end, someone else was going to undercut him if he didn’t. Technically he did have a choice, but in the real world he did not have a choice if he was going to stay in business.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums