Home

Anybody killing any teal?

Posted By: claycreech

Anybody killing any teal? - 09/20/22 01:56 AM

Started out season with almost none here. Cool front pushed in several on 9/11. Shot limits 3 days the first week. Was out of town late last week and this weekend. Went this morning and saw maybe 25. Killed 11. Everybody says they pulled out. Wondering if there’s anymore North of North Missouri?
Posted By: AirportTrapper

Re: Anybody killing any teal? - 09/20/22 01:57 AM

South Louisiana is holding them pretty well. I haven't had a chance to go though.
Posted By: MJM

Re: Anybody killing any teal? - 09/20/22 03:10 AM

There are still teal in ND. I could shoot them as they fly over my yard. Mostly blue wings.

Re: Anybody killing any teal? - 09/20/22 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by MJM
There are still teal in ND. I could shoot them as they fly over my yard. Mostly blue wings.

That’s good to hear.
Posted By: Muskeg

Re: Anybody killing any teal? - 09/20/22 12:04 PM

Now that Minnesota has an early teal season…..there are a few less headed south.

Still a fair number in Minnesota. Northern zone duck season opens this weekend.
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: Anybody killing any teal? - 09/20/22 12:53 PM

Gonna cool down quite a bit later this week, Clay. Might push some your way. Still some hanging around here.
Posted By: coondagger2

Re: Anybody killing any teal? - 09/20/22 12:58 PM

I made the annual trip to eastern NC for the early teal disappointment. Killed 8 teal with three guys and saw more water moccasins than teal. We are only allowed to hunt them east of HWY 17 which is basically just the coast. Really limits where we can hunt and concentrates the people. We had multiple groups of hunters within 100 yards from our spread
Posted By: BigBlackBirds

Re: Anybody killing any teal? - 09/20/22 01:58 PM

i forget the exact date but quite a few birds pulled out of here earlier in the month when a storm passed thru. our season started on the 1st and a bunch of northern birds came thru on that storm. michigan has only had a teal season for the last handful of years and this is the best season i've seen so far. it has been hot the last few days---day time temps in 80's. but theres a big weather temp change headed here later this week with night time temps dropping into 40's and i suspect that could put some birds on the move. if weather plays out i'll have to decide if i'm headed into indiana to catch the tail end of their teal season combined with doves as i'm guessing the thousands i'm seeing on the power lines will move on the same storm
Posted By: ~ADC~

Re: Anybody killing any teal? - 09/20/22 04:07 PM

97 here today, they are headed back north! mad
Posted By: Trapper Dahlgren

Re: Anybody killing any teal? - 09/20/22 10:13 PM

have not been out yet have seen a lot of Woodie on my land and some mallard's,

Re: Anybody killing any teal? - 09/21/22 01:19 PM

Cool front coming. They better hurry up.
Our season ends Sunday.

Re: Anybody killing any teal? - 09/21/22 06:48 PM

Just got back from my duck swamp. Peeked into my teal hunting pool. Jammed with teal. They had to show up overnight. They’re going to pay rent in the morning!
Posted By: MJM

Re: Anybody killing any teal? - 09/21/22 07:52 PM

It was 34 here last night, they are saying 36 tonight.
Posted By: conibearguy

Re: Anybody killing any teal? - 09/21/22 08:53 PM

Opening weekend we nailed them. 3rd of September we had a two many limit of 12 in 27 minutes. The 4th of September we had our two man like in two hours.
Last Saturday we got zero but saw maybe 6. Sunday I got 1 green-wing but saw four total.
This front that pushed through would've helped.
Posted By: Tray

Re: Anybody killing any teal? - 09/21/22 09:06 PM

Just a few more days then we can start, hopefully this cold spell over the next few days doesn’t push our Blue-wings south early. Picture from a couple years ago.

Attached picture C64DC301-D7E5-4972-8943-5198C9F5F80F.jpeg
Posted By: coondagger2

Re: Anybody killing any teal? - 09/22/22 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by claycreech
Just got back from my duck swamp. Peeked into my teal hunting pool. Jammed with teal. They had to show up overnight. They’re going to pay rent in the morning!

Well how did it go?

Re: Anybody killing any teal? - 09/22/22 06:25 PM

It sucked.
Not a teal on the pool this morning.
Killed 11 out of 2 little bunches.
Was expecting a quick 4 man limit.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums