Home

Life below Zero

Posted By: 330-Trapper

Life below Zero - 09/23/22 01:55 AM

Chip made a Cool new flat sled during a bad wind storn!!!!

Sue used Fireworks to create "Shock and awe" to scare beasties away. grin
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Life below Zero - 09/23/22 01:59 AM

I used to watch that stuff but the producers always have to create drama. That's what TV people like to see.
Posted By: Shakeyjake

Re: Life below Zero - 09/23/22 02:03 AM

Most of those shows are like that. The logging one with Buckin Billy Ray (that guy knows his stuff), a power lineman show a couple years ago was a real joke!
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Life below Zero - 09/23/22 02:05 AM

I did some tree trimming a few years. Always thought real logging would be interesting. Definitely a job for a young man.
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: Life below Zero - 09/23/22 02:07 AM

Chip and his family seem like the most down to earth realist "reality stars" on that or any show.

Re: Life below Zero - 09/23/22 02:10 AM

Originally Posted by Leftlane
Chip and his family seem like the most down to earth realist "reality stars" on that or any show.

Yes they Do!
Posted By: KeithC

Re: Life below Zero - 09/23/22 03:26 AM

Originally Posted by 330-Trapper
Originally Posted by Leftlane

Yes they Do!

The Hailstones are our favorites too. Chip is a Trapperman member, Caribou.

Keith
Posted By: VaBeagler

Re: Life below Zero - 09/23/22 03:35 AM

Love the Hailstones on the show. They display day to day living. The rest of them create drama.
Posted By: Squash

Re: Life below Zero - 09/23/22 09:24 AM

Why the heck did he wait until a winter storm to make a new sled ? The show is made for people who know nothing about the outdoors. Sue is always worrying about a Wolverine eating her.
Posted By: Trapper Dahlgren

Re: Life below Zero - 09/23/22 09:36 AM

its entertainment , i like all them shows , really miss the last Alaska show , and the last frontier

Re: Life below Zero - 09/23/22 09:45 AM

I think the last Alaskan show was legit, but your right the rest of them are entertainment, for those with little knowledge of the outdoors.
And last frontier was a joke, check out the Kilchers net worth. Always cracked me up, they had to shoot a bear or something so the had meat for the freezer, while they owned a herd of beef cattle. LOL
Posted By: Feedinggrounds

Re: Life below Zero - 09/23/22 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by Squash
I think the last Alaskan show was legit, but your right the rest of them are entertainment, for those with little knowledge of the outdoors.
And last frontier was a joke, check out the Kilchers net worth. Always cracked me up, they had to shoot a bear or something so the had meat for the freezer, while they owned a herd of beef cattle. LOL

And just over the hill from I think Homer Ak.
Posted By: jk

Re: Life below Zero - 09/23/22 10:46 AM

I liked the guy with two young kids named "Rickki" or something like that. But now I dont even watch TV anymore, books are more my style.......jk
Posted By: Ryan McLeod

Re: Life below Zero - 09/23/22 02:51 PM

Why the heck did he wait until a winter storm to make a new sled ? The show is made for people who know nothing about the outdoors. Sue is always worrying about a Wolverine eating her.

Makes sense to get projects done during a storm. Not much else to do to stay busy.
Posted By: Yukon John

Re: Life below Zero - 09/23/22 02:58 PM

Ricko DeWilde

Re: Life below Zero - 09/23/22 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by Ryan McLeod
[quote=Squash]Why the heck did he wait until a winter storm to make a new sled ? The show is made for people who know nothing about the outdoors. Sue is always worrying about a Wolverine eating her.

Makes sense to get projects done during a storm. Not much else to do to stay busy. [/quote

Did you watch the episode ?

I would agree if he built it inside a shop or a garage, what the heck is the sense in building outside in a winter storm where he had to take the lumber inside to thaw while he was building it , and the wind almost blew the plywood away. Warped thinking in my book.

Re: Life below Zero - 09/23/22 04:52 PM

It turned out Great though.
He's Tough
Posted By: victor#0

Re: Life below Zero - 09/23/22 05:10 PM

If you liked " Last Alaskans " Jim Cambell is working on doing a new show similar but from a different perspective.
Posted By: grapestomper

Re: Life below Zero - 09/23/22 08:08 PM

Sue is a meathead

Re: Life below Zero - 09/23/22 08:19 PM

She certainly takes herself seriously
Posted By: Buzzard

Re: Life below Zero - 09/23/22 08:28 PM

Typical reality bs, watched a portion of it, stupid
Posted By: Dirt

Re: Life below Zero - 09/23/22 09:06 PM

That is how Alaskan townies talk. For some reason many of them (not all) need to put not cost effective wild game and fish in them freezers. I won't tell you what happens to much it, when they need to put the new supply in. I'll just say this, I have a friend that works at the Anchorage landfill.

Re: Life below Zero - 09/23/22 10:46 PM

It's still a good Show
Posted By: Osagian

Re: Life below Zero - 09/24/22 12:46 AM

You can see their place on Google Maps-
Kitchners can get in a vehicle and be eating a Big Mac with fries in Homer, AK in 30 minutes. They're closer to a McDonalds than I am down here in the woods of SW Missouri.
They got brown bears though. All we got is little blacks.
Posted By: bucksnbears

Re: Life below Zero - 09/24/22 01:44 AM

You people gotta realize, these kind of shows may turn on some greenie_weeny libs.
Perhaps change the way they vote.
I've actually liked them all over the years (except Bush People) blush,
But for the most part, good stuff, (to the average folks)
Posted By: 3 Fingers

Re: Life below Zero - 09/24/22 02:20 AM

Originally Posted by Osagian

You can see their place on Google Maps-
Kitchners can get in a vehicle and be eating a Big Mac with fries in Homer, AK in 30 minutes. They're closer to a McDonalds than I am down here in the woods of SW Missouri.
They got brown bears though. All we got is little blacks.

Ya they’re just a few miles out the road. Wife and I know em pretty well. Decent people really. The show makes it look like something it isn’t. Jewel and another one just bought some furs from me a couple weeks ago.
Posted By: Moosetrot

Re: Life below Zero - 09/24/22 02:30 AM

I was lucky enough to spend a lot of time in 1981 on the Kilcher homestead. Met their Dad/Grandfather Yule Kilcher. He was quite the character.

Very interesting the watch the show and pick out a few of the areas and buildings I remember. Truly one of the high points of my life.

Moosetrot
Posted By: Ryan McLeod

Re: Life below Zero - 09/24/22 02:32 AM

Originally Posted by Ryan McLeod
[quote=Squash]Why the heck did he wait until a winter storm to make a new sled ? The show is made for people who know nothing about the outdoors. Sue is always worrying about a Wolverine eating her.

Makes sense to get projects done during a storm. Not much else to do to stay busy. [/quote

Did you watch the episode ?

I would agree if he built it inside a shop or a garage, what the heck is the sense in building outside in a winter storm where he had to take the lumber inside to thaw while he was building it , and the wind almost blew the plywood away. Warped thinking in my book.

Yeah I’m not sure if he has a shop to work on stuff but I know most people will work on projects outside in the winter. Not everyone has a heated shop and there’s either no mechanic shop or it’s cheaper to do the work yourself in most cases.

Re: Life below Zero - 09/24/22 03:03 AM

Correct ^
Posted By: BigJoe.

Re: Life below Zero - 09/24/22 12:00 PM

I really like the "Below Zero" show. But the drama they add is a little much, and when that beast Sue comes on, I turn the channel. Can't stand to listen to her ask herself questions. And like someone else said, something is always out to get her. The last show I watched, she was trying to "teach" fox pups how to be wild....????...
Posted By: CTRAPS

Re: Life below Zero - 09/24/22 01:38 PM

There is a reason why Sue, the drama queen is in a camp by herself. When she comes on the show, I try to mute her just like the pillow guy commercials.

Re: Life below Zero - 09/24/22 02:36 PM

I channel surf
Posted By: marathonman

Re: Life below Zero - 09/24/22 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by CTRAPS
There is a reason why Sue, the drama queen is in a camp by herself. When she comes on the show, I try to mute her just like the pillow guy commercials.

She has buried 2 men in her life.
Posted By: YamaCat

Re: Life below Zero - 09/24/22 09:43 PM

What season are you watching ? I’m still stuck on Re-runs.

Re: Life below Zero - 09/24/22 11:24 PM

I wouldn't marry her but Sue is interesting
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Life below Zero - 09/25/22 12:45 AM

I think they should make 'Life Above Freezing'. Savell could be one of the stars.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums