Home

PCS Sensitivity 2022 Tacoma

Posted By: steeltraps

PCS Sensitivity 2022 Tacoma - 09/26/22 03:39 PM

I can NOT get the Sensitivity on this thing to stay set at low level. Its driving me insane. Everytime i drive over some brush it comes on ! Bout ready to take a hammer to it! Why doea it keep turning sensitivity up?? 2022 Toyota Tacoma Extra Cab with 18352 miles. I wish I had my 2012 Tacoma back sometimes Go this truck in early March. with 4800 miles on it.

Attached picture 34F3F114-F2E1-4254-AF6B-CB3A04710F76.jpeg
Posted By: hippie

Re: PCS Sensitivity 2022 Tacoma - 09/26/22 03:41 PM

Remember when people were smart enough that vehicles didn't need that kind of junk on them?

Re: PCS Sensitivity 2022 Tacoma - 09/26/22 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by hippie
Remember when people were smart enough that vehicles didn't need that kind of junk on them?

Yes ! IF i turn it off. Their is a annoying orange light thats stays on. IF i could get dash apart. Black tape may work LOL!
Posted By: ratbrain

Re: PCS Sensitivity 2022 Tacoma - 09/26/22 03:54 PM

I have a 2020 Access Cab. Mine never goes off. Meant to quote G Hose.

Re: PCS Sensitivity 2022 Tacoma - 09/26/22 04:12 PM

The light says on all the time IF you cut it off. SO it comes on. You stop change sensitivity back to lowest level. WHY does it need to = set it sensitivity back up all the way???? Is this truck possessed by the = Sprit of Toyota safety?? LOL! Kind of like that Chick on my new IPhone. She keeps telling me = Im texting and driving. 1 st. Its none of her bussiness. Im not a 16 year old girl. Im on paper company dirt roads. Going less than 20 mph. This comes up alot on my Iphone when i use GPS mapping. Wish that nosey lady would mind her own bussiness ! LOL!
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: PCS Sensitivity 2022 Tacoma - 09/26/22 06:34 PM

My 2018 Tacoma drives me nuts it sounds like a F16 that had the engine quit it’s one alarm or another my first thought is now what!
Posted By: jk

Re: PCS Sensitivity 2022 Tacoma - 09/26/22 06:37 PM

I will trade you my '99 chevy S-10. There are no bells or whistles except for the seat belt. Good deal hum???
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: PCS Sensitivity 2022 Tacoma - 09/26/22 07:18 PM

Every time my Tundra stumps me, I can find a YouTube video describing a work around. Try it

Re: PCS Sensitivity 2022 Tacoma - 09/26/22 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by Leftlane
Every time my Tundra stumps me, I can find a YouTube video describing a work around. Try it

Thats why I ask here? LoL! Everytime I go over a litttle brush it lights up. Doesnt seam like enough to make it go off. Makes me wonder. What happens if I hit a raccoon on the highway? Will the airbag come on ?

Re: PCS Sensitivity 2022 Tacoma - 09/26/22 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by Law Dog
My 2018 Tacoma drives me nuts it sounds like a F16 that had the engine quit it’s one alarm or another my first thought is now what!

My 2022 has the loudest door dinger alarm i have ever heard. Its very annoying.
Posted By: Drifter

Re: PCS Sensitivity 2022 Tacoma - 09/26/22 07:39 PM

PCS adjustment

In answers below says have to sign a waver to have it shut off by Toyota

Re: PCS Sensitivity 2022 Tacoma - 09/26/22 09:10 PM

My biggest problem is that it keep turning itself UP on the sensitivity Now it comes on. I just knock it in netural. Cut it off. Then crank it again. Just annoying
Posted By: BigBlackBirds

Re: PCS Sensitivity 2022 Tacoma - 09/26/22 10:35 PM

https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/permanently-disable-pre-collision-and-drcc.658047/

you might have to search around thru the archives to get more. usually anything taco shows up somewhere on TacomaWorld
Posted By: Mad Scientist

Re: PCS Sensitivity 2022 Tacoma - 09/26/22 11:08 PM

Had to google pcs-pre collision system are you effn kidding me.I was born with one of those.
Posted By: JTfromWV

Re: PCS Sensitivity 2022 Tacoma - 09/27/22 12:24 AM

It is under warranty. Let the dealer recalibrate the sensor.

Re: PCS Sensitivity 2022 Tacoma - 09/27/22 01:07 AM

Originally Posted by JTfromWV
It is under warranty. Let the dealer recalibrate the sensor.

That just want be possible. I work every day and use the truck to trap coyotes out off. Was hoping to find some other way to keep light off
Posted By: mnsota

Re: PCS Sensitivity 2022 Tacoma - 09/27/22 01:39 AM

Had a '66 chevy pickup with a pull choke,..simplicity at it's best,..easy to operate, easy to work on,...those options would be readily available if not for governmental regulations.
Posted By: Scott__aR

Re: PCS Sensitivity 2022 Tacoma - 09/27/22 04:29 AM

Remove the fuse???
Posted By: H2ORat

Re: PCS Sensitivity 2022 Tacoma - 09/27/22 05:38 AM

Guess I will have to learn to be a mechanic -- While I do appreciate SOME of what technology offers -- when the tool thinks that it is smarter than the operator then it isn't a very useful tool. no new trucks for me. Maybe the early model electrics will be more user friendly. laugh laugh laugh
Posted By: wildflights

Re: PCS Sensitivity 2022 Tacoma - 09/27/22 03:22 PM

We have a Nissan with a similar system. It will sense a speed bump in the parking garage at work and the "accident avoidance" will slam on the brakes. Really pisses off the people behind you that think you are brake checking them for no reason.

The dealership said that you can manually turn it off when starting the vehicle but it will turn itself back on the next time it you start the car. It is not possible to permanently disable.

We will never buy a vehicle with "brake assist" again. Especially during the riots, there are times when you need to drive over obstacles.
Posted By: 1lessdog

Re: PCS Sensitivity 2022 Tacoma - 09/27/22 03:24 PM

That would not be good if your trying to get thru snow drifts.
Posted By: Larry Bowden

Re: PCS Sensitivity 2022 Tacoma - 09/27/22 03:35 PM

Have a couple of friends who traded in their older Tacoma's in the last couple of years. Both regretted it and wish they had their old ones back. To much electronic gadgetry. I'm gonna stay with my 2003, only got 158,000 miles on it. V6 5speed and tow package is all I need.
Get approached regularly by people wanting to buy it, no thank you.
Posted By: waggler

Re: PCS Sensitivity 2022 Tacoma - 09/27/22 03:43 PM

What is PCS sensitivity?
Posted By: Mad Scientist

Re: PCS Sensitivity 2022 Tacoma - 09/27/22 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by waggler
What is PCS sensitivity?

You don’t want to know.
Posted By: hippie

Re: PCS Sensitivity 2022 Tacoma - 09/27/22 03:55 PM

Was pulling a Chevy pickup in to work on and when I got to the lift posts, it jammed the brakes on and shook the seat. Scared the scrap outta me!
I wasn't sure if I run over something I didn't notice or what.

Just the idiot alarms because it saw the posts I was going between.

Re: PCS Sensitivity 2022 Tacoma - 09/27/22 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by wildflights
We have a Nissan with a similar system. It will sense a speed bump in the parking garage at work and the "accident avoidance" will slam on the brakes. Really pisses off the people behind you that think you are brake checking them for no reason.

The dealership said that you can manually turn it off when starting the vehicle but it will turn itself back on the next time it you start the car. It is not possible to permanently disable.

We will never buy a vehicle with "brake assist" again. Especially during the riots, there are times when you need to drive over obstacles.

Mine doesnt do this ^^^^ but it does gear its self down when going down a hill. Like your not smart enough to brake ! LOL!

Re: PCS Sensitivity 2022 Tacoma - 09/27/22 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by Larry Bowden
Have a couple of friends who traded in their older Tacoma's in the last couple of years. Both regretted it and wish they had their old ones back. To much electronic gadgetry. I'm gonna stay with my 2003, only got 158,000 miles on it. V6 5speed and tow package is all I need.
Get approached regularly by people wanting to buy it, no thank you.

I miss my 2012 4 cylinder Tacoma 4x4. But I have come to the conclusion. That the way I trap coyotes out of my truck and travel from Alabama to New Mexico to work coyote trapping jobs That I will need to buy a new truck every 5 years. I will average 30k a year on a Tacoma. So buy 150000 miles of use by me. Its done! Time to trade in and get. New 1 So if I can trade in every year and keep my truck payments in the 600 to 700 dollar a month for 60 months. I will probably do so. Today = the light didnt come on. ! Ha Ha ! I am happy
© 2024 Trapperman Forums