Home

Living in the south is rough

Posted By: Wolfdog91

Living in the south is rough - 10/03/22 03:39 PM

I'll tell ya living in the south is a bit rough, like how is a guy expected to loose some weight when you can't even get gas without having hot bars in your face! laugh

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Scuba1

Re: Living in the south is rough - 10/03/22 03:41 PM

That is why I pay at the pump. wink
Posted By: 20scout

Re: Living in the south is rough - 10/03/22 03:50 PM

Used to run into that same problem when I was driving truck.
Posted By: FCHUNTER

Re: Living in the south is rough - 10/03/22 03:51 PM

Got to love Vine’s
Posted By: Oh Snap

Re: Living in the south is rough - 10/03/22 04:00 PM

No shortages there!
Posted By: run

Re: Living in the south is rough - 10/03/22 04:12 PM

Nice looking food!
Posted By: TurkeyWrangler

Re: Living in the south is rough - 10/03/22 06:20 PM

Do I see whole fried bream?
Posted By: Ohio Wolverine

Re: Living in the south is rough - 10/03/22 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by TurkeyWrangler

I think whole fried bream are better tasting than fillet.
Cooked right , the flesh just peals off the bones.
Posted By: Ohio Wolverine

Re: Living in the south is rough - 10/03/22 07:38 PM

Looks like a great place to be if you're hungry .
Then again, it could hurt you some also.
It all looks like good eats.
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: Living in the south is rough - 10/03/22 11:15 PM

Everywhere I stop around here has either brisket tacos or kolaches
Posted By: Posco

Re: Living in the south is rough - 10/03/22 11:50 PM

Where's the sushi?
Posted By: Bear Tracker

Re: Living in the south is rough - 10/04/22 12:10 AM

Looks like a great selection for a low carb diet!
Posted By: upstateNY

Re: Living in the south is rough - 10/04/22 11:12 AM

Ill take some of them Greens,,and a couple of that fried chicken,,and a few of them short ribs. smile
Posted By: lcd

Re: Living in the south is rough - 10/04/22 01:39 PM

It's a rough job, but someone has to do it.
Posted By: Fisher Man

Re: Living in the south is rough - 10/04/22 02:33 PM

I would not want to live in the south, what with them gators, cottonmouths, and hurricanes, but you guys sure know how to eat!
Posted By: gcs

Re: Living in the south is rough - 10/04/22 06:11 PM

We can get slim jims here... frown
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: Living in the south is rough - 10/04/22 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by Ohio Wolverine
Originally Posted by TurkeyWrangler

I think whole fried bream are better tasting than fillet.
Cooked right , the flesh just peals off the bones.

I agree, but my wife won't eat them like that....doesn't like to deal with the bones. Big deal!
I like to scale, gut, and remove the heads. Fry them just like that. They taste better and you save all the flesh.
Posted By: warrior

Re: Living in the south is rough - 10/04/22 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by Trapper7

I agree, but my wife won't eat them like that....doesn't like to deal with the bones. Big deal!
I like to scale, gut, and remove the heads. Fry them just like that. They taste better and you save all the flesh.

Mine as well, in spite of me showing just how easy it is to slide a fork along the bone to peel off the meat.

Just the off chance of a bone is enough for her.

Her mother is worse. Won't eat fried chicken, pork chops or steak that has a bone in it. Personally, I think she is insane.
Posted By: white17

Re: Living in the south is rough - 10/04/22 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by upstateNY
Ill take some of them Greens,,and a couple of that fried chicken,,and a few of them short ribs. smile

Is that what that stuff is ? I thought it was all possum parts just prepared differently

Re: Living in the south is rough - 10/04/22 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by white17

Is that what that stuff is ? I thought it was all possum parts just prepared differently

LOL,,if they can cook possum parts and make em look like that,,Ill still have some. smile

Re: Living in the south is rough - 10/04/22 08:28 PM

You joke but um...welllll... I've seen alot of Yankees eat a lot of stuff at cook out down here they they never would have thought of laugh
Posted By: Sharon

Re: Living in the south is rough - 10/04/22 08:48 PM

Yep- fried things, that's the south I remember.

I do miss fried catfish. Very much.

As far as anything southern prepared, I am my own chef and prepare those southern dishes myself. Right down to my own special cornbread, hushpuppies, grits, and anything else I got from growing up in the deep south . cool

Re: Living in the south is rough - 10/04/22 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by Wolfdog91
You joke but um...welllll... I've seen alot of Yankees eat a lot of stuff at cook out down here they they never would have thought of laugh

When I was working in Houston,,I ate a lot of rattlesnake and liked it.I also had some Armadillo Chili,,that I would eat again,,if i was pretty hungry. smile
Posted By: Cedar Hacker

Re: Living in the south is rough - 10/04/22 09:36 PM

If you eat that fried chicken at some of the delis in these convenience store down in these parts you will definitely lose some weight from the runs and will sometimes have to change the bed sheets during the night.

Burritos in those places out here are known as rectum rockets.

I'll just try to find a cafe which is hard to do now because everything is fast food.

I have lived too long.

Re: Living in the south is rough - 10/04/22 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by Wolfdog91

The missus was born in Chicago and grew up in Iowa but she's of good Alabama and Tennessee stock so hightailed it back home as soon as she could.

More than one of those yankee inlaws have left my house headed north with collards, grits and tea and several pounds heavier. And I have instructions to not be empty handed when I come to visit.

I swear you'd think those yanks ain't never had anything fit to eat.

Re: Living in the south is rough - 10/04/22 10:38 PM

When I was working in Houston,,I ate a lot of rattlesnake and liked it.I also had some Armadillo Chili,,that I would eat again,,if i was pretty hungry. smile

Well, bless your heart you done been pranked. Rattlesnake yes, but armadillo? There's some things a southerner won't eat, not even a cajun. LOL

Must be a Texas or Florida Man thing, those folks ain't right and southern by geography only.

Re: Living in the south is rough - 10/04/22 11:44 PM

Rattlesnake is good but if someone is serving dillo I'm headed out the door!
Posted By: Savell

Re: Living in the south is rough - 10/05/22 12:16 AM

Originally Posted by warrior

Well, bless your heart you done been pranked. Rattlesnake yes, but armadillo? There's some things a southerner won't eat, not even a cajun. LOL

Must be a Texas or Florida Man thing, those folks ain't right and southern by geography only.

... fighting words right there Warrior... East Texas on a straight line to the right is exactly the same as sw ar, north la, ms and al... only with slightly less meth and more mescins lol

Re: Living in the south is rough - 10/05/22 12:19 AM

... good lookin eatin house Wolf !

Re: Living in the south is rough - 10/05/22 12:35 AM

Well, I'll accept the pineywoods as that whole area was settled by folks from due east. But that dry stuff west of you ain't quite right, they think beef is bbq.

Good folks mind you, just different. About like them Cajuns, different but we like having them around.

Re: Living in the south is rough - 10/05/22 12:42 AM

Hey we BBQ everything here and just an FYI pulling pork and dousing it in veneger gives BBQ a bad name
Posted By: John-Chagnon

Re: Living in the south is rough - 10/05/22 12:51 AM

You should share some of that stuff with us northern boys

Re: Living in the south is rough - 10/05/22 12:56 AM

Originally Posted by Leftlane
Hey we BBQ everything here and just an FYI pulling pork and dousing it in veneger gives BBQ a bad name

Agreed, straight vinegar ain't bbq. Gotta mix in some red stuff and something sweet and a hot pepper or two or three.

Re: Living in the south is rough - 10/05/22 12:57 AM

... agreed .. just sounds like somethin that shouldn’t be said in decent company lol

... and as for you Lefty ... I’d call your Kansas (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) on stolen valor if it weren’t for your rodeo accolades lol

Re: Living in the south is rough - 10/05/22 01:02 AM

For the life of me I don't know how all that pulling and vinegar got so popular seeing as how its a Carolina thing and nothing but trouble comes out of the Carolinas.

These Georgia folk got to much Carolina influence in their Q. I get Q here that looks like sloppy joes.

Good Q is sliced or chopped.
Posted By: run

Re: Living in the south is rough - 10/05/22 01:49 AM

Originally Posted by Cedar Hacker
If you eat that fried chicken at some of the delis in these convenience store down in these parts you will definitely lose some weight from the runs and will sometimes have to change the bed sheets during the night.

Burritos in those places out here are known as rectum rockets.

I'll just try to find a cafe which is hard to do now because everything is fast food.

I have lived too long.

LOL , too much information.

Re: Living in the south is rough - 10/05/22 02:10 AM

grin

Re: Living in the south is rough - 10/05/22 02:42 AM

Tamales used to be popular in the Birmingham area. Some were even sold in those little hot dog carts but many gas stations sold them long before fried chicken. Not canned ones but real ones made by real meskins. There were a few that hung around after coming in to pick cotton way back. But I guess they eventually went native and I haven't seen any in years.
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: Living in the south is rough - 10/05/22 02:59 AM

Originally Posted by white17

If you don’t want possum, coon, gator, or rattlesnake, then don’t ever go to a wild game supper in the South. You ain’t gonna know what you ate until you’re done. One ole boy went to town on some BBQ and was talking about this guy should open a restaurant…until he was told it was coon meat, lol. He walked over by a tree and emptied his guts. Just goes to show, if somethings cooked right, it taste good no matter what it is!

Re: Living in the south is rough - 10/05/22 03:02 AM

Heck, there’s always a guy grilling a coon at the High school baseball games. Free to anyone that wants some. And I mean grilling whole…you know exactly what your eating. He’ll even stick an apple in its mouth. He’s never left the game with meat either. You’d be surprised at some of the men in suits stopping by for a sandwich.

Re: Living in the south is rough - 10/05/22 03:06 AM

... ain’t nothin free wannabe.. what kind of racket y’all runnin over there ?

Re: Living in the south is rough - 10/05/22 03:06 AM

Coon prepared right is fine eating. Opossum on the other hand I'm not so sure that there is a right way.
Posted By: BlakeL

Re: Living in the south is rough - 10/05/22 03:07 AM

Re: Living in the south is rough - 10/05/22 03:09 AM

Originally Posted by Savell

Can’t sell wild game here…but you can barter, lol.

Re: Living in the south is rough - 10/05/22 03:10 AM

Blake fella.. might have crossed the line there... but who knows these days

Re: Living in the south is rough - 10/05/22 03:11 AM

Originally Posted by Wanna Be

Can’t sell wild game here…but you can barter, lol.

.. yessir... born last... but not last night lol
Posted By: hippie

Re: Living in the south is rough - 10/05/22 03:13 AM

How long ya give him?

Re: Living in the south is rough - 10/05/22 03:13 AM

Correct, Savell. This sounds like a kid, and a new one here at that. If he runs with enough rope , he will gain fast observance from the Executioner …

Re: Living in the south is rough - 10/05/22 03:24 AM

... those kind just come in here trying to get a reaction out of people... and he did a decent job of it so far lol

Re: Living in the south is rough - 10/05/22 03:35 AM

Once they figure em out, not the kind of reaction they want wink

Re: Living in the south is rough - 10/05/22 03:58 AM

Yes ma’am Ms Sharon... young folks don’t know how to stop just short of the line anymore lol

... hope you have a good night ... I will, but probably going to be another bad morning lol

Re: Living in the south is rough - 10/05/22 04:15 AM

They’ll learn quick like here…almost as good as being raised with Texas dads and momas …” I ain’t tellin ya twice …” smile

Turnin in here, have a good one ,Savell, you always have a good morning !

Re: Living in the south is rough - 10/05/22 12:12 PM

I put Vinegar in the Crock Pot when cooking down my pulled pork.Just a couple tablespoons of it to help break down the meat,,not a "Dousing" of it. smile

Re: Living in the south is rough - 10/08/22 06:01 PM

Im making Chicken Fried Steak for supper tonight,,since I live on the SOUTHERN end of Lake Ontario. grin
Posted By: hippie

Re: Living in the south is rough - 10/08/22 06:06 PM

It can get ruff livin up here too when the school girls come to your door selling these things for a fund raiser!!

[Linked Image]
Genuine Amish made whooped pies!
Posted By: Canvasback2

Re: Living in the south is rough - 10/08/22 07:39 PM

But, can you get a good Haddock Fish fry, with real homemade German Potato Salad ; in the South ?

Re: Living in the south is rough - 10/08/22 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by Canvasback2
But, can you get a good Haddock Fish fry, with real homemade German Potato Salad ; in the South ?

They think Catfishes is Haddock.Dont tell them any different. laugh

Re: Living in the south is rough - 10/08/22 07:45 PM

Catfish, crappie, shrimp, oysters, mullet, red snapper.....

Who needs haddock?

BTW, we even got walleye, sauger and trout in some areas.
Posted By: yotetrapper30

Re: Living in the south is rough - 10/08/22 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by Canvasback2

You can keep the nasty tater salad but I do dearly miss Haddock fish fries. Catfish is just nasty.

Re: Living in the south is rough - 10/08/22 08:23 PM

What! You do know your southern card has one of those little probationary stars on it.

LOL

Re: Living in the south is rough - 10/08/22 08:24 PM

German potato salad is good. It's got bacon in it, that alone makes it good.

Re: Living in the south is rough - 10/08/22 10:35 PM

Dang what did I miss ?
© 2024 Trapperman Forums