Home

Colorado trapping

Posted By: Artrapper16

Colorado trapping - 10/08/22 01:22 PM

I’ve recently fell in love with the idea of moving to Colorado somewhere pretty remote and living and hunting big game all the time in the mountains and aspens. But then I seen they’re trapping refs which basically are cages only. Can we work hard enough to change that? I mean Montana has fine trapping regs and I’m sure the bobcats they’re are all going for big money. Just hate to see that you can only use cages. That completely eliminates catching coyotes and water trapping is way more difficult now. Just curious about what it might take to try to get that overturned.
Posted By: Buck (Zandra)

Re: Colorado trapping - 10/08/22 01:46 PM

Probably never now.I've never lived in Colorado but I remember when this all came down.There was a letter to The Trapper magazine from the head of the Dept.of Wildlife basically saying big deal and it was a way of things to come.Colorado has went the way of California
Posted By: Michigander

Re: Colorado trapping - 10/08/22 01:47 PM

Pick a different state. Colorado is basically eastern California.
Posted By: Donnersurvivor

Re: Colorado trapping - 10/08/22 02:20 PM

Go visit before you move, Colorado is not Wyoming or Idaho, it's California east.
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: Colorado trapping - 10/08/22 02:31 PM

It truly is a shame whats happened to Colorado.
Posted By: Grandpa Trapper

Re: Colorado trapping - 10/08/22 04:24 PM

I used to visit Colorado a lot back in the 1970’s to 1990. I last went there in 2012. During that visit, I saw the writing on the wall. I will never go to Colorado again. It has turned into a liberal cesspool like California.
Posted By: Larry Bowden

Re: Colorado trapping - 10/08/22 04:28 PM

I agree with Grandpa Trapper.

Re: Colorado trapping - 10/08/22 04:33 PM

The Libtards have ruined another once great state. Have hunted Colorado several times in the past.
Posted By: Monster Toms

Re: Colorado trapping - 10/08/22 05:18 PM

The trapping ban (amendment 14) is an amendment to the state's constitution. To change it a ballot initiative would have to be constructed and if that passed it would go to a vote of the state. The cities on the east side control everything for the rest of the state.
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Colorado trapping - 10/08/22 05:20 PM

Truly a shame, as Colorado has the best elk population of any state in the U.S. I heard. Four major elk herds in the state. At least they have been smart enough to let hunters keep hunting elk as they bring alot of $$ to the state.
Posted By: teepee2

Re: Colorado trapping - 10/08/22 07:16 PM

A lesson learned. Never let your state pass a ballot initiative law. the country folks will be ruled by the city folks.

Re: Colorado trapping - 10/08/22 09:34 PM

As for their good elk hunting it is only a matter of time before it declines. I have heard they are initiating a wolf stocking program.
Remember the definition of insanity? Doing the same thing and expecting different results.
Posted By: Ringneck1

Re: Colorado trapping - 10/09/22 01:32 AM

2020 the voters in Denver, Boulder, Fort Collins, loveland , and some other well known liberal hangouts voted to reintroduce wolves. The rest of the state ,heavily outnumbered, voted no. Its not a case of anything other than being outnumbered by the Denver boulder mafia.

To the OP, if trapping is important to you give some serious,serious thought to moving here where we are so limited in what we can trap with.
Posted By: Ohio Wolverine

Re: Colorado trapping - 10/09/22 02:45 AM

Yep last I heard Montana is the next Colorado.
Liberials like Muslims take their beliefs with them , and others have to except them.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums