Home

What'd y'all have for supper

Posted By: yotetrapper30

What'd y'all have for supper - 10/10/22 01:32 AM

Late supper here tonight as I was busy. Butchered my extra roosters yesterday so today is homemade chicken pot pie and a apple upside down cake for dessert.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: What'd y'all have for supper - 10/10/22 01:35 AM

Local grocery store had ribeyes and KC strip on sale for 6 bucks a pound. I bought 20 pounds. Had a KC strip for supper. Had plenty of beef in the freezer already but I could not pass up 6 bucks a pound. I would have bought them all but freezer was already full
Posted By: cat daddy

Re: What'd y'all have for supper - 10/10/22 01:53 AM

Food
Posted By: ttzt

Re: What'd y'all have for supper - 10/10/22 02:06 AM

Fried alligator and dirty rice. Gator is one of the few southern foods my wife hasn't developed a tase for, so she had salmon.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: HobbieTrapper

Re: What'd y'all have for supper - 10/10/22 02:08 AM

Instant taters, chicken and gravy.
Posted By: Wild_WI

Re: What'd y'all have for supper - 10/10/22 02:21 AM

Burgers on the grill, smores on the fire. Had a coyote howl from across the road we talked back and forth for 10 min the kids thought it was crazy
Posted By: warrior

Re: What'd y'all have for supper - 10/10/22 02:21 AM

Fried up some Italian sausages made up an Italian gravy with sautéed onions and sweet red peppers and tucked them in a bun. Tasted like pizza in a bun.
Posted By: Marty

Re: What'd y'all have for supper - 10/10/22 02:24 AM

BK chicken sandwich and onion rings on the way home....and now just had some pb.
Posted By: Nessmuck

Re: What'd y'all have for supper - 10/10/22 02:30 AM

[Linked Image]

Man....you gottah work on those plating pictures...:)
Posted By: Catch22

Re: What'd y'all have for supper - 10/10/22 02:35 AM

Frozen pizza tonight...
Posted By: Steven 49er

Re: What'd y'all have for supper - 10/10/22 02:42 AM

Duroc pork chops and rice.
Posted By: yukonjeff

Re: What'd y'all have for supper - 10/10/22 03:04 AM

We had two Duroc boars.

I had a old sittin hen that quit laying so making room for the young hens and invited her for dinner and made chicken soup and dumplings.
was pretty good, the pressure cooker does wonders.
Posted By: Cedar Hacker

Re: What'd y'all have for supper - 10/10/22 03:06 AM

Chocolate flavor Glucerna HungerSmart and so far have kept it down.
Posted By: Boco

Re: What'd y'all have for supper - 10/10/22 03:07 AM

The wife slow cooked a nice pot of moose stew and dumplings on the woodstove at the Cabin over the weekend.Brought back the leftovers and polished it off for supper tonight.
And home made pumpkin pie with whipped cream for dessert.
Posted By: Savell

Re: What'd y'all have for supper - 10/10/22 03:12 AM

BC powder and Copenhagen
Posted By: yukonjeff

Re: What'd y'all have for supper - 10/10/22 03:16 AM

I sure miss my Copenhagen. I dont snort BK powder though.
Posted By: Nessmuck

Re: What'd y'all have for supper - 10/10/22 03:32 AM

And
Originally Posted by Boco
The wife slow cooked a nice pot of moose stew and dumplings on the woodstove at the Cabin over the weekend.Brought back the leftovers and polished it off for supper tonight.
And home made pumpkin pie with whipped cream for dessert.

Cabin..wood stove..Moose Stew and dumplings ...Yah Living the Good Life Boco !
Posted By: VaBeagler

Re: What'd y'all have for supper - 10/10/22 03:52 AM

At the beach house this weekend. Tried a new restaurant for the first and last time. Clearwater oyster bar and grill in myrtle beach I highly would not recommend. Waited 20 minutes for the waitress to take the drink order. When she finally came we ordered our drinks and food at the same time because we had plenty of time to decide. Waitress brought the drinks and food out to us 30 minutes later. I ordered an ahi tuna steak rare. 30 bucks and I got 4 slices of tuna and a tablespoon of mashed potatoes.
Stopped at platts and bought two pounds of shrimp on the way home. Had boiled shrimp and cocktail sauce.

Re: What'd y'all have for supper - 10/10/22 04:58 AM

LOL Nessy I almost didn't post the pic of the cake because it doesn't look like much, but it's really good. Caramel sauce on the bottom, thin sliced apples in the caramel, then a yellow cake mix with cider, applesauce and diced apples mixed in poured over the caramel apple sauce and baked.
Posted By: Jurassic Park

Re: What'd y'all have for supper - 10/10/22 05:07 AM

We had meatballs and gravy, Mississippi roast, perogies with schmontfat, coleslaw, corn, brussel sprouts, and stuffing. Then we had pumpkin pie and key lime pie for dessert!

Thanksgiving dinner for us!

Re: What'd y'all have for supper - 10/10/22 05:14 AM

Originally Posted by Jurassic Park
We had meatballs and gravy, Mississippi roast, perogies with schmontfat, coleslaw, corn, brussel sprouts, and stuffing. Then we had pumpkin pie and key lime pie for dessert!

Thanksgiving dinner for us!

I didn't even realize it was Canadian Thanksgiving. Happy Thanksgiving! Y'all don't do turkey for Thanksgiving?
Posted By: Jurassic Park

Re: What'd y'all have for supper - 10/10/22 05:30 AM

Thanks! Yes we almost always have Turkey for thanksgiving dinner. This year we decided to try this Mississippi roast recipe that my sister came across. We voted to do the roast this year. Easter and Christmas is Turkey, so it was a good change for once.
Posted By: chamookman

Re: What'd y'all have for supper - 10/10/22 07:02 AM

Fried Chicken Gizzards for Me ! Bob
Posted By: west river rogue

Re: What'd y'all have for supper - 10/10/22 08:03 AM

Filipino food...gulonggong fish,rice,mushrooms.
Posted By: Lugnut

Re: What'd y'all have for supper - 10/10/22 11:10 AM

The wife and I processed 40 pounds of venison-apple sausage patties this weekend and the kids showed up last evening to eat them.

Sausage patties on buns with the usual fixings; macaroni salad, potato salad, sour cream and onion chip dip...

And Boston Cream pie for dessert.

Re: What'd y'all have for supper - 10/10/22 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by Lugnut
The wife and I processed 40 pounds of venison-apple sausage patties this weekend and the kids showed up last evening to eat them.

Sausage patties on buns with the usual fixings; macaroni salad, potato salad, sour cream and onion chip dip...

And Boston Cream pie for dessert.

Got a recipe for that sausage Lug? Sounds really good!

Re: What'd y'all have for supper - 10/10/22 08:41 PM

Venison trimmings, whatever is not used for steaks or roasts, about 20% pork trimmings (pork fat) and one medium apple per pound of venison and pork combined. I run everything threw a coarse plate on my grinder, I like the texture better that the fine plate.

I have been trying to find out the ingredients in the seasoning mix I use for thirty years or more. It was originally developed by Woody Boyer after he came home from serving in the Marine Corps in WWII and started a general store. He no doubt mixed it up to use with the deer him and his buddies shot.

Here's a pic from back in the fifties of the front of the store with some of their deer. There was always a full service butcher there , smoke houses and all.

[Linked Image]

Anyhow, it's a well-guarded trade secret. I know there is coriander in it but the old butcher would never tell me what else or in what proportions. They finally fired him because he was a drunk and it was causing problems. The new butcher knew Woody, as did I, and I think I may be able to get him to reveal the secret ingredients. It might take me a few years but...

That is the only seasoning I've ever used in my sausage, it's what makes it so good.

Like I told the new butcher Saturday, if something happens to him and the secret lost, I'd be up the crick without a paddle!

You could try the venison, pork and apple ingredients with the seasoning of your choice. I'd recommend staying away from anything with sage in it though, there's none in the seasoning I use and I think that would ruin it.

Re: What'd y'all have for supper - 10/10/22 08:55 PM

Hmm... I wonder if it would be more similar to a breakfast sausage seasoning, italian seasoning, bratwurst? I'm not even sure you can find a breakfast sausage seasoning with no sage.

Re: What'd y'all have for supper - 10/10/22 09:54 PM

There's definitely no sage in it. I don't like sage and would know if it was in there. My wife is sure there's rosemary in it. So coriander and rosemary and....LOL.

Here's one with no sage but no coriander either.

No Sage Sausage Seasoning

Here's another:

Coiuntry Style Sausage Mix

I googled "sausage mix with no sage."

You could try googling "sausage seasoning with coriander."

Re: What'd y'all have for supper - 10/10/22 09:55 PM

Yeah, I think it's closer to a breakfast sausage mix.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums