Home

HEY Yes Sir!

Posted By: Leftlane

HEY Yes Sir! - 10/10/22 02:29 PM

Saw a couple of your nephews Kansas cohorts yesterday at the Shane Hanchey Invitational Calf Roping. Cooper Martin went into the short go winning the average but had some bad luck. There were about 10 NFR wolves right on his heals so I dont know how he ended up.

Beu Peterson had the fastest breakaway time of the day with a 1.9. Since you've probably never heard of her, maybe you could use Google LOL.
Posted By: Yes sir

Re: HEY Yes Sir! - 10/10/22 02:34 PM

Might have heard of her, her being a Peterson and all grin u talk to the boys? My circle is pretty small nowadays and their's is pretty big so I haven't seen them in too darn long

Re: HEY Yes Sir! - 10/10/22 02:37 PM

I went to Salina horse sale Sunday and mingled with a few of ur partners from days gone by
Posted By: Sharon

Re: HEY Yes Sir! - 10/10/22 02:43 PM

Hoss, is this Cooper the same guy who's been so known in the industry for years now ? Or a relative of the guy I used to read about way back ? I'm not as caught up with the recent folks as I used to be .

Re: HEY Yes Sir! - 10/10/22 02:51 PM

Naw I haven't seen the boys or their mom in quite a while but I can keep up with their comings and goings online. As you know, they are usually easy to find right at the top of the results page.

Watch out for them horse sales in Salina, your fur checks can evaporate purdy quick LOL. Don't ask me how I know. Lots of fond memories of that place.

Re: HEY Yes Sir! - 10/10/22 02:55 PM

Did get hooked up with a pretty shiny new girlfriend Sunday. She was a young one too. Snuck her home too. Hope the wife doesn't notice her. [Linked Image]

Re: HEY Yes Sir! - 10/10/22 03:07 PM

Sharron, Cooper Martin is a young gun who has made the NFR a time or 2 from the Flint Hills region of Kansas. He is the same age as my son so I have watched him rope since he was about 5 years old. Purdy easy to root for the kids my boy grew up competing against.

Beu Peterson would be shirt tail relation to Yes Sir but explaining it would be a mouthful LOL. Just like his nephews, she is as fine a young person as they make and handy as anyone with a rope.

Re: HEY Yes Sir! - 10/10/22 03:08 PM

She is cute! Is she Buddy and Susan Adams breeding? I know you have taken to the can chasing lines LOL

Also, LMBO @ hope the wife didn't notice.
Posted By: k snow

Re: HEY Yes Sir! - 10/10/22 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by Yes sir
Did get hooked up with a pretty shiny new girlfriend Sunday. She was a young one too. Snuck her home too. Hope the wife doesn't notice her. [Linked Image]

You're hoping the wife doesn't notice a pretty blonde????

Re: HEY Yes Sir! - 10/10/22 03:17 PM

grin

Re: HEY Yes Sir! - 10/10/22 03:19 PM

Went cow breeding this time Lefty. Sailin Smart, Mr Sun Oleana and Doc Tari bred
Wish she was barrel bred with that color. Girls pay a premium for one with that color

Re: HEY Yes Sir! - 10/10/22 03:21 PM

K Snow if she finds out I'm going with just friends thing

Re: HEY Yes Sir! - 10/10/22 03:28 PM

Went cow breeding this time Lefty. Sailin Smart, Mr Sun Oleana and Doc Tari bred
Wish she was barrel bred with that color. Girls pay a premium for one with that color

Names that I know, Smart, Lena, Doc ...

Palomino was a popular colour some years ago , it still is. My father liked them dark, " like a new penny", he used to say.

Re: HEY Yes Sir! - 10/10/22 03:33 PM

Very nice! I've only had one Palomino mare but she taught my boy more about ropin than I ever could. Your buddy Trevin wanted to buy her from me and that was back when he was a banker. I couldn't do it because as you can see, she would put Clayton in the right place every time he nodded. Eventually he figured it out.

[Linked Image]

Re: HEY Yes Sir! - 10/10/22 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by Sharon

Names that I know, Smart, Lena, Doc ...

Palomino was a popular colour some years ago , it still is. My father liked them dark, " like a new penny", he used to say.

Yeah Sharon u can't hardly buy a cow horse that doesn't go back to Smart Little Lena who is by Doc O Lena who is by Doc Bar. This filly goes back to Doc Bar at least 3 times. The more recent jot horses at High Brow Cat ,Metalic Cat and Peptoboonsmall which all go back to Doc Bar multiple times

Re: HEY Yes Sir! - 10/10/22 04:01 PM

Yes sir, you're talkin my language !

My father and I bred, trained and sold Poco and King horses . He had a palomino stud, that when bred to his top bulldogging mare , a solid tank of a horse. Beautiful red liver colour, she put out the brightest most gorgeous palomino foals we ever saw.

All our horses were low to the ground, wide chested with very good bone and no small hooves. A lot like Metallic Cat in halter shape, really. And engines on them that wouldn't quit.

You guys post some very nice horses too.

Re: HEY Yes Sir! - 10/10/22 04:05 PM

Sharon I could tell u know good horses smile

Re: HEY Yes Sir! - 10/10/22 04:12 PM

Yes sir, I basically do wink

It's real enjoyable to have folks on here who appreciate them too.

Re: HEY Yes Sir! - 10/10/22 04:17 PM

Lefty I do like that pic of ur mare and boy. I shows how good that horse is. She's give that kid her all so he can do his thing

Re: HEY Yes Sir! - 10/11/22 12:42 AM

Thanks and you nailed it. She put him where he needed to be and had a chance to learn something. That little mare went back to OK Star on the top and Two Eyed Jack on the bottom. I decided that was acceptable too Sharron. grin

Re: HEY Yes Sir! - 10/11/22 01:23 AM

All acceptable, Hoss wink I haven’t heard of Two Eyed Jack in a while.

Re: HEY Yes Sir! - 10/11/22 03:04 AM

My grandpa taught me most of what little I know and he would always say "A good horse don't come in a bad color." He bought and traded horses based on performance so good looks or a fancy set of papers would be a bonus but not what motivated him to buy or breed anything.

As I got older, he'd say the same thing about a good mexican hand or an indian lady who could cook. A good horse don't come in a bad color LOL.

The first time I heard Randy Travis sing about his grandpa (I thought that he walked on the water) I figured he must be singin about my grandpa.
Posted By: Cedar Hacker

Re: HEY Yes Sir! - 10/16/22 04:21 AM

Here is my youngest child, she is the same age as as you are Leftlane, on a palomino that she competed in her first barrel and flag race on.
She was still in kindergarten or maybe the first grade. Ole Brute broke in two between the first and second barrel and she stayed on and warmed him up with her jockey bat and finished the pattern. Of course she didn't win anything but later on that day she placed second in the flag race.

[Linked Image]

Re: HEY Yes Sir! - 10/16/22 02:18 PM

That's a great story and a cool picture!
© 2024 Trapperman Forums