Home

Putin or the Oligarchs ?

Posted By: Wolfdog91

Putin or the Oligarchs ? - 10/13/22 01:06 PM

Who do you think has who by the you know what ? Is Putin controlling the billionaire elites of Russia or are they really pulling his strings ?
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Putin or the Oligarchs ? - 10/13/22 01:10 PM

My guess is the billionaires are in control. Just like here. Money talks.
Posted By: DaveP

Re: Putin or the Oligarchs ? - 10/13/22 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by Wolfdog91
Who do you think has who by the you know what ? Is Putin controlling the billionaire elites of Russia or are they really pulling his strings ?

Who's pulling Biden's strings?

Putin is likely calling the shots, Biden doesn't even know where he is half the time.
Posted By: warrior

Re: Putin or the Oligarchs ? - 10/13/22 01:19 PM

Mexican standoff.
Posted By: Wolfdog91

Re: Putin or the Oligarchs ? - 10/13/22 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by DaveP
Originally Posted by Wolfdog91

Who's pulling Biden's strings?

Putin is likely calling the shots, Biden doesn't even know where he is half the time.

Think we all know but I'm talking about Putin not that brain dead muppet or his body double depending on the day
Posted By: cfowler

Re: Putin or the Oligarchs ? - 10/13/22 07:34 PM

I don’t think we Americans really have any clue about Russian politics, Russian law, or Putin. If we believe the oligarchs are really in-charge, then they put Putin in power. If Putin rose to the position through his own initiatives, then those who are oligarchs will continue to support him, or else.
Posted By: hippie

Re: Putin or the Oligarchs ? - 10/13/22 07:38 PM

Ever look up Putin's worth/wealth?

Makes ya kinda overlook the ones on here saying how corrupt our politicians are to show support for Putin. The guy raped his citizens of tens of Billions!

Posted By: Osagan

Re: Putin or the Oligarchs ? - 10/13/22 07:48 PM

Seems like when the Oligarchs complain or step out line too much they end up falling from a 4th floor building or poisoned or otherwise dealt with so I say Putin and his inner circle are in control.
Posted By: warrior

Re: Putin or the Oligarchs ? - 10/13/22 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by cfowler
I don’t think we Americans really have any clue about Russian politics, Russian law, or Putin. If we believe the oligarchs are really in-charge, then they put Putin in power. If Putin rose to the position through his own initiatives, then those who are oligarchs will continue to support him, or else.

That's why I said mexican standoff.

While I know nothing of the internal politics of Russia just studying strong man governments through history it isn't uncommon for the strong man to be beholden to other power brokers within and when things go south it often becomes a circular firing squad, sometimes literally.
The fact that a few have been allowed to become oligarchs in Russia indicates this may be the case.
History is rife with examples of strongmen who once seemed untouchable who fall dramatically.
Posted By: Yes sir

Re: Putin or the Oligarchs ? - 10/13/22 08:12 PM

I think Putin could buy the billionaire elites at market value. I've seen argument that he may be the rich man in the world. With that said he doesn't show anyone his tax return so it is a bit of speculation
Posted By: Ohio Wolverine

Re: Putin or the Oligarchs ? - 10/13/22 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by Osagian
Seems like when the Oligarchs complain or step out line too much they end up falling from a 4th floor building or poisoned or otherwise dealt with so I say Putin and his inner circle are in control.

Reminds me of the Clintons !
Posted By: rex123

Re: Putin or the Oligarchs ? - 10/13/22 09:24 PM

PUTIN

Re: Putin or the Oligarchs ? - 10/13/22 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by Yes sir
I think Putin could buy the billionaire elites at market value. I've seen argument that he may be the rich man in the world. With that said he doesn't show anyone his tax return so it is a bit of speculation

They must not have an FBI to kick his doors in and investigate him.
Posted By: rex123

Re: Putin or the Oligarchs ? - 10/13/22 11:16 PM

Why don't we send that Jan. 6th bunch over there to investigate him. They could take Nancy with them. Then Biden could wonder around Washington wondering where everyone was.
Posted By: Marty

Re: Putin or the Oligarchs ? - 10/14/22 12:07 AM

putin is in charge

susan rice is in charge here, sort of...
Posted By: yousowise

Re: Putin or the Oligarchs ? - 10/14/22 01:29 AM

For sure Putin.
Posted By: waggler

Re: Putin or the Oligarchs ? - 10/14/22 06:43 AM

The world is a corrupts place, it doesn't matter what country you are in; even Canada. Maybe I'll give Sweden and New Zealand a pass, but that's about it.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Putin or the Oligarchs ? - 10/14/22 09:16 AM

Human nature has been going on a long time.
Putin didn't invent anything and neither did JB.

[Linked Image]

Re: Putin or the Oligarchs ? - 10/14/22 11:51 AM

One source says Putin is worth 70 Billion dollars on a $170,000 salary. Looks like he's par with our US politicians but just a better money manager?
Posted By: rendezvous

Re: Putin or the Oligarchs ? - 10/14/22 12:05 PM

In russia, whoever has the control/backing of the military. We'll see if putin can maintain his control/backing of the military in the view of recent developments?

Maybe America can send pelosi over to "punch him out" laugh
Posted By: lee steinmeyer

Re: Putin or the Oligarchs ? - 10/14/22 02:06 PM

If we sent that old bag over there, THAT WOULD START WWIII
Posted By: Pawnee

Re: Putin or the Oligarchs ? - 10/14/22 02:12 PM

He runs the show. When he came to power he had a meeting with them. In that meeting they were informed that if they liked their money and wanted to keep their money then they should do as they are told. I haven’t seen anything since that would make me believe anything different.

Re: Putin or the Oligarchs ? - 10/14/22 02:28 PM

^^^^^ I think the US is pretty much run the same way. ^^^^ along with a death threat here and there. "We know where you live and we know where your children play."
© 2024 Trapperman Forums