Home

meat grinder

Posted By: dave erdkamp 56

meat grinder - 10/15/22 11:06 AM

recomend a good electric meat grinder for hunting and home meat processing.
Posted By: E.J. Kelley

Re: meat grinder - 10/15/22 11:22 AM

Cabelas #12 carnivore. Not too big, not too small.
Posted By: Trapper Dahlgren

Re: meat grinder - 10/15/22 11:29 AM

i looked around and bought a old one it has been great for us , [Linked Image]
Posted By: 080808

Re: meat grinder - 10/15/22 11:32 AM

Spend the money for quality. I bot a cheapie and regret.
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: meat grinder - 10/15/22 11:32 AM

I bought a commercial grade at cabelas probably 20 years ago for groceries. So far the only problem is my kids and friends borrow it pretty regular. Will get used again tomorrow. Son and me are going to kill a hog this afternoon. Let it cool till tomorrow so rigor sets in and goes out before we butcher.
Posted By: corky

Re: meat grinder - 10/15/22 11:39 AM

I have a LEM #12 that I absolutely love. Quality machine.
Posted By: mudtracker

Re: meat grinder - 10/15/22 11:58 AM

Lem 12 for me works great

Trapper dahlgren, that grinder looks like a beast. Your helper looks like she's having fun too.
Posted By: DaveP

Re: meat grinder - 10/15/22 12:19 PM

I'm CHEAP, so took an old #32 grinder, bought a 13" pulley, 1.5" pulley and V belt, and a scrap 1 hp motor, mounted on a 2X. Less than $50 in it.

[Linked Image]

Need to add a foot pedal/Deadman switch before it eats my arm.
Posted By: pintail_drake04

Re: meat grinder - 10/15/22 12:46 PM

Are you just grinding meat with it, or are you looking to stuff sausage too? I have a Cabela's 1hp commercial and wonder why I didn't get one earlier. Been using it for 3 years now with no issues. It literally eats faster than I can feed it. My brother has had one for 6 years and has processed thousands of pounds through it. I have used it for stuffing sausage, but I much prefer my 11 pound sausage stuffer.
Posted By: Yes sir

Re: meat grinder - 10/15/22 12:55 PM

I went with a Weston meat grinder. Cheaper than Cabelas and Lems and more than likely made by the same company
Posted By: Elkguy

Re: meat grinder - 10/15/22 01:09 PM

Hobart
Posted By: nh toe pincher

Re: meat grinder - 10/15/22 01:11 PM

if you have a kitchenaid mixer already, the grinder attachment is effective and costs less than a whole grinder. i wouldnt want to do a ton of poundage thru it but for the amount required to process the occasional deer & a pork but it works for me. comes with a stuffer cone for making brat size sausage too, tho ive never used it for that.
Posted By: Joe1

Re: meat grinder - 10/15/22 01:58 PM

davep #32 is a good way to go manual or motor will grind more meat in less time than most electric super easy to clean and will last you and your grandkids for many years
Posted By: cmj

Re: meat grinder - 10/15/22 02:04 PM

I have one like Davep has. It was my grandpas. No plastic parts to break. I have an old meat slicer and sausage stuffer also that are older than dirt.
Posted By: nvwrangler

Re: meat grinder - 10/15/22 02:15 PM

It took a while for me to find one but i bought a hobart for 200 bucks off Craigslist.
Posted By: beartooth trapr

Re: meat grinder - 10/15/22 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by nvwrangler
It took a while for me to find one but i bought a hobart for 200 bucks off Craigslist.

Good buy, they are as tuff as they come.
Think part's are still pretty available to huh.
Posted By: Lugnut

Re: meat grinder - 10/15/22 02:34 PM

I've had a Cabela's 3/4 hp commercial grinder for about 15-20 years. We usually process three deer a year through it. We just made 40 lbs. of venison-apple sausage with it last weekend. It works good for my needs.
Posted By: nvwrangler

Re: meat grinder - 10/15/22 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by beartooth trapr
Originally Posted by nvwrangler

Good buy, they are as tuff as they come.
Think part's are still pretty available to huh.

Yes they still make the model i bought , mines older but chews through the meat as fast as you can feed it.

This is what i bought

https://www.katom.com/617-482234.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIo8722Lzi-gIVkCytBh2wSg4fEAQYBCABEgKcpvD_BwE
Posted By: jeff karsten

Re: meat grinder - 10/15/22 02:50 PM

Have a lem #22 put a lot of deer thru it over the years small grinders have small feed tubes So it depends on the amount you wish to do
Posted By: BernieB.

Re: meat grinder - 10/15/22 03:30 PM

I always say pay a little more now and get something that you'll not be frustrated with.

Posted By: Dillrod

Re: meat grinder - 10/16/22 02:32 AM

I have an old Wards 1hp.
Seems like all the Hobart stuff interchanges.
Never an issue with it.
Process deer only for me.

I have one like Trapper Dahlgren shows
Maybe even heavier in the basement
Purchased for a backup but never used.
Gonna dig it out and sell it someday.
Posted By: ~ADC~

Re: meat grinder - 10/16/22 03:16 AM

grin

Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: meat grinder - 10/16/22 04:08 AM

Originally Posted by corky
I have a LEM #12 that I absolutely love. Quality machine.

I did the same #12 LEM big bite 3/4hp
https://www.lemproducts.com/product/big-bite-grinder-12-head-size/butcher-meat-grinders

lots of deer and now 3 cows , well finish the last 100 pounds of beef grinding tomorrow , did 102 pounds of beef ground Sunday , I had the 1/4s frozen so I could break up the work. from a cow I put down 2 weeks ago
Posted By: wildflights

Re: meat grinder - 10/16/22 06:35 AM

Decide which size you need and buy two sizes up.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums