Home

October Coyote Job pics...

Posted By: Swamp Wolf

October Coyote Job pics... - 10/19/22 01:31 AM

About 20 miles from Florida line. 2 days in on a 14 day job..

For your viewing pleasure...

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: bucksnbears

Re: October Coyote Job pics... - 10/19/22 01:46 AM

Nice!!
Paid contact or just because?
Posted By: Boco

Re: October Coyote Job pics... - 10/19/22 01:47 AM

Good job,nice country.
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: October Coyote Job pics... - 10/19/22 01:52 AM

Nice! Is that dirt as sweet as it looks?
Posted By: Jtrapper

Re: October Coyote Job pics... - 10/19/22 01:55 AM

Savell would be proud. lol
Posted By: Savell

Re: October Coyote Job pics... - 10/19/22 01:56 AM

... bear down on em Swamp

Re: October Coyote Job pics... - 10/19/22 01:57 AM

Originally Posted by bucksnbears
Nice!!
Paid contact or just because?

Paid..

Don't do any "just because" trapping anymore....

Re: October Coyote Job pics... - 10/19/22 01:58 AM

Originally Posted by Boco
Good job,nice country.

Some pretty pineywoods cattle pastures. Beautiful representation of fire managed southern pine forest.

Re: October Coyote Job pics... - 10/19/22 01:59 AM

Originally Posted by Jtrapper
Savell would be proud. lol

... get out of here and quit messin this mans post up .., you’d likely be wading around in that water looking for beaver like a Honduran lookin for El Paso if you was there lol

Re: October Coyote Job pics... - 10/19/22 02:00 AM

Originally Posted by Wanna Be

The clay hills are hard as concrete. Have already broke 2 homemade pogo drivers....uugghh!

Sandy spots are OK.

Re: October Coyote Job pics... - 10/19/22 02:02 AM

Originally Posted by Swamp Wolf

The clay hills are hard as concrete. Have already broke 2 homemade pogo drivers....uugghh!

Sandy spots are OK.

... hey Mr Swamp... how do you like getting out on those sugar sand looking spots only to find clay 3 inches down lol

Re: October Coyote Job pics... - 10/19/22 02:05 AM

Originally Posted by Savell
... bear down on em Swamp

Don't get many jobs this time of year but owners have seen coyotes recently on trail cams during daytime and dont like that as they deer hunt a little too. Also, several hundred head of cattle here...but they have them pastured up on one end of property due to logging operations underway...thank goodness....can't trap in them dang cows. But they left a bunch of donkeys in the wooded pastures...about 4 or 5 traps a day are stomped and crapped on...

Re: October Coyote Job pics... - 10/19/22 02:09 AM

[quote=Swamp Wolf]

... hey Mr Swamp... how do you like getting out on those sugar sand looking spots only to find clay 3 inches down lol

That is EXACTLY what I'm encountering here. My last pogo driver will likely be destroyed tommorrow. But I only have a few more gaps to set then it just trap checking mostly.

Re: October Coyote Job pics... - 10/19/22 02:10 AM

Surprised the donkeys don’t keep the coyotes at bay.
Maybe it’s mules I’m thinking of. They keep mules I guess in the pastures with the horses on the plantations and NOTHING gets in the pastures. They pull dead deer out on the regular. Heck I won’t even go out there. My son said it took a while before they would let him inside the fence, lol.

Re: October Coyote Job pics... - 10/19/22 02:22 AM

Maybe it’s mules I’m thinking of. They keep mules I guess in the pastures with the horses on the plantations and NOTHING gets in the pastures. They pull dead deer out on the regular. Heck I won’t even go out there. My son said it took a while before they would let him inside the fence, lol.

Owners put a couple donkeys in with the cattle for "protection "....and they reproduced. There are about 6 or 7 donkeys now. They want them gone, but says no market.

This place is 4000 acres divided into several large fenced pastures, so the donkeys have a large roaming area, but their tracks are all over the property. They run from my SxS...

Log truck drivers are having to open and closes gates when entering and exiting property because of those donkeys....they don't like that...lol
Posted By: claycreech

Re: October Coyote Job pics... - 10/19/22 02:31 AM

Have you tried wolf fang type anchors Patrick?
Pogos are a nogo here for dirt trapping when it’s dry or froze.
Posted By: beartooth trapr

Re: October Coyote Job pics... - 10/19/22 02:33 AM

Excellent job, cool pics

Re: October Coyote Job pics... - 10/19/22 02:37 AM

Originally Posted by claycreech
Have you tried wolf fang type anchors Patrick?
Pogos are a nogo here for dirt trapping when it’s dry or froze.

Haven't tried em yet, but was just looking on-line at the PCS Trapping Supply version that's 7 ga thick. $39.95 per hundred ends. At that price, I think I can make them cheaper and faster than 2" washers and jhooks.

And I'm sure they will drive easier and truer. I cut and leave so it's still cost efficient.

Do you know anywhere to get them cheaper than $39.95/100?

I need at least 300 to 400 ends b4 January. Have 4 predator jobs lined up starting in early Jan thru Feb. Gotta get a bunch made.

Re: October Coyote Job pics... - 10/19/22 02:43 AM

... Swamp... I’ve never ran the pogo set up... but do run the super stakes on chain..a quick pilot hole with a smaller smooth rod and the super stakes go in fairly easy in clay ... takes an auger to get them out though

... thinking drags hid under a trash mound set in clay anymore though lol

Re: October Coyote Job pics... - 10/19/22 02:47 AM

... Swamp... I’ve never ran the pogo set up... but do run the super stakes on chain..a quick pilot hole with a smaller smooth rod and the super stakes go in fairly easy in clay ... takes an auger to get them out though

... thinking drags hid under a trash mound set in clay anymore though lol

I have to deal with bears on some of the locations....what a ride they will give a good drag.

My hands/wrists and back says that I'm not allowed to pull/dig up/auger out stakes anymore....I cut cable. Pitch trap into SxS and go...

I ran SSs with chain on all my traps for years. It is a good system if you can/willing to retrieve your stakes.

Re: October Coyote Job pics... - 10/19/22 02:49 AM

... ol boy down the road got a picture of a bear on his deer paparazzi camera... I might end up dealing with that here too at some point... sightings becoming more common around here

Re: October Coyote Job pics... - 10/19/22 02:50 AM

If I can find chain, I’ll have drags for next Summer! Seems our Winters are wet the past few years, don’t have to worry about anything frozen, lol. It’s like now when we go through our dry spell that the ground is like cement that the drags would really come into play in those areas you literally can’t drive an anchor in or even hope to get one up if you do.

Re: October Coyote Job pics... - 10/19/22 02:55 AM

... ol boy down the road got a picture of a bear on his deer paparazzi camera... I might end up dealing with that here too at some point... sightings becoming more common around here

A good coyote-sized drag like FT sells with 10 feet of American made #3 chain attached to a Bridger and then pinched onto the toe of a 150 lb yearling bear will be carried for a ride or a climb. Makes for a long delay in trap checking that day....
Posted By: warrior

Re: October Coyote Job pics... - 10/19/22 03:01 AM

Donkeys vary in ability and aggression. I've got a cousin that has a small cattle operation and he tells me that you got to go through a few to find a good one but a good one will kill anything canine and the really rough ones are a danger to cattle and anything that moves.

Re: October Coyote Job pics... - 10/19/22 03:03 AM

... they say they’re young males roaming west ... I’d be fine without having to deal with them..

... glad your getting paid to keep coyotes off that place... now you ought to pay me a little for keeping that dang Jtrap out of your post lol

Re: October Coyote Job pics... - 10/19/22 03:11 AM

I can pick wolf fangs up at conventions for $32 to $35 a hundred Patrick.
Sometimes get them real cheap from individuals selling out.
I’ll keep my eyes peeled.

Re: October Coyote Job pics... - 10/19/22 03:23 AM

Please do. I'd really appreciate it. Are you attending any conventions b4 I come up hunting???

Re: October Coyote Job pics... - 10/19/22 03:24 AM

... glad your getting paid to keep coyotes off that place... now you ought to pay me a little for keeping that dang Jtrap out of your post lol

You sure ran him off....he didnt even look back.....

Re: October Coyote Job pics... - 10/19/22 03:26 AM

Yessir ... just like a Honduran that made it to El Paso

Re: October Coyote Job pics... - 10/19/22 04:10 AM

Originally Posted by Swamp Wolf

Please do. I'd really appreciate it. Are you attending any conventions b4 I come up hunting???

No buddy.
Convention season is over for us.
Posted By: Digger Catcher1

Re: October Coyote Job pics... - 10/19/22 02:17 PM

Swamp Wolf. Was wandering if this property was close to you are do you travel and how much do charge for doing the job.

Re: October Coyote Job pics... - 10/19/22 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by Digger Catcher1
Swamp Wolf. Was wandering if this property was close to you are do you travel and how much do charge for doing the job.

25 miles one way. $2500 for 14 days...

Some jobs I offer 10 days for $2000....which is usually sufficient if I've trapped it b4....or the landowner wants the extra effort...

Re: October Coyote Job pics... - 10/19/22 08:08 PM

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Bcat was released...season not open yet and property doesn't have a furbearer control permit. But, the little gal was not happy with Patrick.
[Linked Image]

Here's that group of trap stomping Jerusalem Cruisers.
[Linked Image]

Re: October Coyote Job pics... - 10/19/22 08:16 PM

If anyone has any Wolf Fang-type ends for sale...let me know....

Yeah...I know I should have posted that on Trap Shed, but It's a long shot...

I'm about to order some so.....
Posted By: Slipknot

Re: October Coyote Job pics... - 10/19/22 10:51 PM

SW are you pre drilling before driving your stakes? I picked up a pack of auger bit earlier in the summer and in tough areas I have been pre drilling either a 3/4 or 7/8s and it does help alot.

Re: October Coyote Job pics... - 10/19/22 11:01 PM

Originally Posted by Slipknot
SW are you pre drilling before driving your stakes? I picked up a pack of auger bit earlier in the summer and in tough areas I have been pre drilling either a 3/4 or 7/8s and it does help alot.

I may have to start pre-drilling, but I dont want to...just takes more time at a set. I even mix my lure with my bait to save time.....lol
Posted By: JBR

Re: October Coyote Job pics... - 10/19/22 11:36 PM

Hey swamp great pics. im the same way im not pulling stakes anymore for the same reasons. but since we don't have bears I'm going to try drags this year on my "piddle" trapline. ITs so dry up here right now this red clay and my back aint going to happen unless we get a lot of rain before season. Glad to see youre enjoying life even more now!

JBR

Re: October Coyote Job pics... - 10/19/22 11:41 PM

... keep on em Swamp... I checked in with a huntin club I trapped last year today because of your post .. satisfied customer lol

[Linked Image]

Posted By: Longbeard12

Re: October Coyote Job pics... - 10/19/22 11:52 PM

Swamp, what s your brand of trap and size you are running? What kind of sets? Flat sets, dirt holes? Really enjoying your pictures!! Good stuff, keep them coming!
Posted By: sportsman94

Re: October Coyote Job pics... - 10/20/22 12:09 AM

As always, thanks for sharing! Love to see those coyotes chained down. I set 4 traps this afternoon and the ground was like concrete on 3/4. Couldn’t dig a dirt hole. Sure wished I had something different for digging the trap beds and am just guessing I’ll be leaving the stakes on these unless I can borrow a backhoe

Re: October Coyote Job pics... - 10/20/22 12:16 AM

im not a honda! I own a honda though, what's left of it after going on a feral hog killing frenzy all summer.

He should be paying me to be on his post, not everyday you have a bonifide celebrity show up on your post!

And reading all this whinning and complaining about washer's and bears and drags and and and im wondering if none of you nuts ever heard of a thing called REBAR?

I know it's not cool or in style anymore but crossing them sucker's has served me well for 40 years.

Re: October Coyote Job pics... - 10/20/22 12:33 AM

... now you’re just being combative...I apologize for him Swamplol

Re: October Coyote Job pics... - 10/20/22 01:01 AM

im too broke down to do combat with anyone at the moment, right foot rotting off, got a shot in the left elbow today and trying to survive on cardboard and water cause i got more sugar in me than a south alabam whiskey still.

Re: October Coyote Job pics... - 10/20/22 01:27 AM

Originally Posted by JBR
Hey swamp great pics. im the same way im not pulling stakes anymore for the same reasons. but since we don't have bears I'm going to try drags this year on my "piddle" trapline. ITs so dry up here right now this red clay and my back aint going to happen unless we get a lot of rain before season. Glad to see youre enjoying life even more now!

JBR

Good to hear from you Brent!

Re: October Coyote Job pics... - 10/20/22 01:29 AM

... keep on em Swamp... I checked in with a huntin club I trapped last year today because of your post .. satisfied customer lol

I like satisfied customers. They call back...

Re: October Coyote Job pics... - 10/20/22 01:36 AM

Originally Posted by Longbeard12
Swamp, what s your brand of trap and size you are running? What kind of sets? Flat sets, dirt holes? Really enjoying your pictures!! Good stuff, keep them coming!

Those are Bridger 2 dogless.

I have set both dirtholes and flats sets. The DHs are dug with a 2" auger. Some of the flat sets are similar to those SteelTraps makes using the pipe as a bait/lure holder. Other flat sets I used what caught my eye at the location...a pine cone, a piece of wood, a dried cow turd....as a scent holder.

Got 11 more days here...I'll try to post picks...if I catch anything else....lol

Re: October Coyote Job pics... - 10/20/22 01:38 AM

Originally Posted by sportsman94
As always, thanks for sharing! Love to see those coyotes chained down. I set 4 traps this afternoon and the ground was like concrete on 3/4. Couldn’t dig a dirt hole. Sure wished I had something different for digging the trap beds and am just guessing I’ll be leaving the stakes on these unless I can borrow a backhoe

I've had to get real selective where I dig....dang! ......the dirt is hard here too.

Re: October Coyote Job pics... - 10/20/22 01:41 AM

im not a honda! I own a honda though, what's left of it after going on a feral hog killing frenzy all summer.

He should be paying me to be on his post, not everyday you have a bonifide celebrity show up on your post!

And reading all this whinning and complaining about washer's and bears and drags and and and im wondering if none of you nuts ever heard of a thing called REBAR?

I know it's not cool or in style anymore but crossing them sucker's has served me well for 40 years.

How much do I owe ya...lol

You always welcome on any of my posts...

I got rid of all my 24" rebar. Ha e a bunch of 20" that would work and hold, but I am spoiled on the cut and run of cable on pull day. My ol hands md wrists can't take that extra hammering, twisting, and pulling anymore.

Re: October Coyote Job pics... - 10/20/22 01:41 AM

im too broke down to do combat with anyone at the moment, right foot rotting off, got a shot in the left elbow today and trying to survive on cardboard and water cause i got more sugar in me than a south alabam whiskey still.

You too young for all them ailments!!!

Re: October Coyote Job pics... - 10/20/22 01:47 AM

... get well soon Jtrap ... you ate up with diabetis or what?

Re: October Coyote Job pics... - 10/20/22 02:40 AM

... Swamp... ride over for a welfare check on J... you’re closer than me

Re: October Coyote Job pics... - 10/20/22 03:07 AM

... Swamp... ride over for a welfare check on J... you’re closer than me

May have to...

Re: October Coyote Job pics... - 10/20/22 03:13 AM

... I would offer to pay your gas but it’s too high right now

Re: October Coyote Job pics... - 10/20/22 07:59 PM

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

And another unappreciative bcat released...
[Linked Image]

Posted By: warrior

Re: October Coyote Job pics... - 10/20/22 08:07 PM

What turnip truck did that first one fall off of, it's got hair.

Re: October Coyote Job pics... - 10/20/22 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by warrior
What turnip truck did that first one fall off of, it's got hair.

Yeah...she was all fluff up.

Re: October Coyote Job pics... - 10/20/22 09:13 PM

... good check Swamp... warming up over there ? ... cool this morning but got a south wind and rising temps here now

Re: October Coyote Job pics... - 10/20/22 10:23 PM

... good check Swamp... warming up over there ? ... cool this morning but got a south wind and rising temps here now

We got another morning in the upper 30s tommorrow...then the 40s for a couple days...then lows only in the 50s.

Re: October Coyote Job pics... - 10/20/22 10:26 PM

... I’m jealous

Re: October Coyote Job pics... - 10/21/22 12:13 PM

Yea i'll be making grape nut commercials before long! All the stuff i eat now has no taste, drinks leave a after taste like a slimy swamp water film, not sure how long i'll last in this 'healthy' lifestyle'.

Understand on the rebar stuff, i never liked disposable's, had to use them with a buddy on his line and first coyote i caught with one it yanked it out of the ground and ran off, didn't impress me.

Rocky ground up here where i live so they are useless in this country, lot of drags have to be used in some spots as well. You south gawga folks get spoiled in them sand beds.

Re: October Coyote Job pics... - 10/21/22 05:34 PM

Started out with 7 coyotes at the carcass dump near a pond. Two have went missing past 2 nights. Gator is crawling up from pond and helping himself. Note the size of the scale marks
and his tracks...

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: October Coyote Job pics... - 10/21/22 05:42 PM

[Linked Image]

Re: October Coyote Job pics... - 10/22/22 10:52 PM

[Linked Image]

L to R
1 pickup truck.......2 pickup trucks....several log trucks.....several more log trucks

The loggers started using a road I didn't think they were going to use...

[Linked Image]

Re: October Coyote Job pics... - 10/22/22 10:58 PM

... they’ll go in one way... and out another at times Swamp lol
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: October Coyote Job pics... - 10/23/22 01:23 AM

No bad for an old guy Swamp Wolf
Posted By: MattLA

Re: October Coyote Job pics... - 10/23/22 04:35 AM

Got some nice red wolves right there and a hybrid! Hope you can fix the traps!

Re: October Coyote Job pics... - 10/23/22 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by MattLA
Got some nice red wolves right there and a hybrid! Hope you can fix the traps!

No red wolf blood in those MattLA. 100% coyote.

And a couple of those traps are likely just trap parts now... frown
Posted By: grumpa

Re: October Coyote Job pics... - 10/23/22 02:56 PM

You need a camera on your carcass dump area. BIG lizards are cool.

Re: October Coyote Job pics... - 10/23/22 10:21 PM

Another kitty caught and released. The pic doesn't do this tom any justice....he is a 30 lb cat. Pretty belly too. [Linked Image]
Posted By: Digger Catcher1

Re: October Coyote Job pics... - 10/24/22 05:40 PM

Swamp Wolf. I can feel your pain. I've caught many a combine here in Indiana but they always get away.

Re: October Coyote Job pics... - 10/25/22 09:37 PM

Pulled traps today. Cut job to 10 days...no fresh coyote sign in 3 days. That's 8 removed this time and 12 when I was here b4.

Also removed 18 coons and 2 possums.....
Posted By: martentrapper

Re: October Coyote Job pics... - 10/25/22 10:55 PM

Would be nice to get a pic of the gator. Most folks just don't realize how much good some animal control can do an area. Especially if you want to hunt that area.

Re: October Coyote Job pics... - 10/25/22 11:43 PM

Originally Posted by martentrapper
Would be nice to get a pic of the gator. Most folks just don't realize how much good some animal control can do an area. Especially if you want to hunt that area.

I saw the gator yesterday...he is only about 9 feet long...

But he likes bloated coyotes...

Re: October Coyote Job pics... - 10/25/22 11:46 PM

I’ll get my son to set up a camera. He feeds his carcasses to one at the swamp.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums