Home

Was this ever invented? PTO 3 Point Hitch Chainsaw

Posted By: Canvasback2

Was this ever invented? PTO 3 Point Hitch Chainsaw - 10/19/22 01:27 PM

Anyone know if there was ever a chainsaw made, so that it could be hooked up to the 3 point hitch on a tractor, and run off the hydraulic lines ? Sure would make for easy cutting of firewood logs !
Posted By: Catch22

Re: Was this ever invented? PTO 3 Point Hitch Chainsaw - 10/19/22 01:33 PM

Haven't seen one, have seen a buzz saw for firewood though.
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: Was this ever invented? PTO 3 Point Hitch Chainsaw - 10/19/22 01:33 PM

not sure about on a 3point hitch

there are a number of firewood processors that operate on the bucket attachment

Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: Was this ever invented? PTO 3 Point Hitch Chainsaw - 10/19/22 01:36 PM

Yes, an 80 year old friend of mine has a chainsaw that runs on tractor hydrological power. It was his dad's that was killed by a widow maker when Bud was about 10 logging with his dad when he was killed. I don't know any more about the saw he breafly pointed it out when he was showing of his 80or so international tractors to me.
Posted By: Scuba1

Re: Was this ever invented? PTO 3 Point Hitch Chainsaw - 10/19/22 01:40 PM

Stihl makes an electric one with a 5 '6'" bar that you could convert to a PTO one using an angle gearbox. We used those saws to cut complete packets of lumber to length. it was on 2 wheels and worked with a hydraulic cylinder and a throttle valve to lower the bar slow enough to cut through those packets. I think the bar length was 72" and had different teeth on it than a normal chainsaw bar. Took me hours to sharpen the darn thing.
Posted By: jeff karsten

Re: Was this ever invented? PTO 3 Point Hitch Chainsaw - 10/19/22 02:42 PM

Seen one in my lifetime at an auction sale 3 point hitch pto driven six foot bar with heavy chain No one there knew anything about it
Posted By: Crowfoot

Re: Was this ever invented? PTO 3 Point Hitch Chainsaw - 10/19/22 03:28 PM

Here's one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsJAUkJclS4
Looks good for smaller stuff.
Needs a better infeed, imo.
Posted By: run

Re: Was this ever invented? PTO 3 Point Hitch Chainsaw - 10/19/22 04:52 PM

I have seen a firewood processor on a bigger scale for rent in Elkton,VA. The neighbors use one similar to it to make firewood.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums