Home

The Economy

Posted By: HobbieTrapper

The Economy - 10/27/22 12:46 AM

How bad does it have to get to slow this down?

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

$400,000 and up. frown
Posted By: Donnersurvivor

Re: The Economy - 10/27/22 12:47 AM

It's slowing down fast
Posted By: DelawareRob

Re: The Economy - 10/27/22 12:49 AM

It’s pretty bad if that is only $400K.

Re: The Economy - 10/27/22 12:50 AM

According to the folks putting them together, they can’t slap them together fast enough. Who’s buying them houses?

Re: The Economy - 10/27/22 12:51 AM

Originally Posted by DelawareRob

There’s probably one house in the there that is $400k and it’s right next to the recycling center. lol

Re: The Economy - 10/27/22 12:52 AM

Originally Posted by HobbieTrapper
According to the folks putting them together, they can’t slap them together fast enough. Who’s buying them houses?

People from DC, NY and NJ who are escaping high taxes. So they can come here and demand higher taxes.

Re: The Economy - 10/27/22 12:53 AM

People from DC, NY and NJ who are escaping high taxes. So they can come here and demand higher taxes.

lol
Posted By: KeithC

Re: The Economy - 10/27/22 02:17 AM

There's been a little over 500,000 legal immigrants, 2,760,000 known illegal aliens and many more unknown illegal aliens that moved here this year. The US pays for the housing of most of those people. That's a huge boom for the housing market.

Keith
Posted By: sweetwilliam

Re: The Economy - 10/27/22 02:37 AM

There building for the market that isn't going to happen if you want a new cheap house next year the banks will have lots
Posted By: vegasjim

Re: The Economy - 10/27/22 02:49 AM

It is slowing now.

Re: The Economy - 10/27/22 03:05 AM

Originally Posted by sweetwilliam
There building for the market that isn't going to happen if you want a new cheap house next year the banks will have lots

Even if they come down. 30% they still won't be "cheap". Houses here that sold for 175k 3 years ago are now 380k,
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: The Economy - 10/27/22 03:08 AM

Old money.
We just waited 3 months for concrete, 3 months for floor trusses, and who knows how long for roof trussses. .
People have retired from good jobs with big 401k accounts. Landowners have big assets now if they bought land 20+ yrs ago. It's a big country and there's big money out there.
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: The Economy - 10/27/22 03:09 AM

The bubble will burst and I think within the next year.

Re: The Economy - 10/27/22 03:31 AM

400k is cheap where Hobbie is talking about.
Posted By: bblwi

Re: The Economy - 10/27/22 03:36 AM

Economy is in general slowing down. Steel prices are going lower and some commodities are more available. However it is really something to see the economy as strong as it is or has been with all the head winds that it is facing. The economy really wants to grow even with all the inpediments. The younger generation needs two good jobs and put together a savings plan and create wealth while they are working so they can do all the activities they like doing which require a lot of funds compard to baby boomers like myself.

Bryce
Posted By: Boco

Re: The Economy - 10/27/22 03:58 AM

Be like all them big cities in China that the commies built to create work,but no one lives there.
Same difference in the west-only its all hired purchase-same thing-other peoples money-then the bottom falls out and down comes the whole shebang like a house of cards.

Re: The Economy - 10/27/22 10:18 AM

400k is cheap where Hobbie is talking about.

You’re right Rob, I visited the website and they start at $700k., again I ask, who is buying these places?
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: The Economy - 10/27/22 10:30 AM

Baby boomer's kids wink

Re: The Economy - 10/27/22 10:32 AM

Plus the young among us don't raise kids now, they raise dogs. You know how much freed up cash you have without kids?
Zillions.
So they by a house with internet and an HOA fee and bingo was his name o....

grin

Re: The Economy - 10/27/22 10:37 AM

I bet it's college graduates buying those fancy houses. With blue collar workers set to be paying off their student loans, they can now afford a higher mortgage payment.lol

Re: The Economy - 10/27/22 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by J Staton
I bet it's college graduates buying those fancy houses. With blue collar workers set to be paying off their student loans, they can now afford a higher mortgage payment.lol

lol

I guess it’s all priority driven. You can buy a 1/2 acre lot and house looking at a golf course with fountains for $700K or a 200 acre farm looking at another farm for 540K.
Posted By: Pafoxman

Re: The Economy - 10/27/22 11:48 AM

You can buy farmland on eastern shore for $2,700 an acre?!? I find that hard to believe. The last few farms that sold in this area brought nearly 50,000 an acre. A 60 acre gentleman farm just sold for 3 million. The higher interest rates have done nothing to even hold the line let alone decrease prices on ag land

Re: The Economy - 10/27/22 11:50 AM

I watch farmland closely as I want to buy some, it's not come down at all yet.
Posted By: beachcomber13

Re: The Economy - 10/27/22 12:16 PM

Most of the houses I see being built are bought before the foundation is poured.

We have a whole new class of rich people these days, YouTubers are a biggy.

Re: The Economy - 10/27/22 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by Pafoxman
You can buy farmland on eastern shore for $2,700 an acre?!? I find that hard to believe. The last few farms that sold in this area brought nearly 50,000 an acre. A 60 acre gentleman farm just sold for 3 million. The higher interest rates have done nothing to even hold the line let alone decrease prices on ag land

My apologies, my numbers were off. It was only 197 acres for $487K
Posted By: SJA

Re: The Economy - 10/27/22 12:44 PM

Location, location, location, supply and demand. They don't make land anymore unless it's wasted fill. grin

Re: The Economy - 10/27/22 01:49 PM

Delivering to a new site. I’ll take a snap shot of where the poorer folks will be living. lol

Re: The Economy - 10/27/22 01:58 PM

HT, you delivering stone? If so, what's #57 per 20 / 22 T $ ?

Re: The Economy - 10/27/22 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by SJA

That’s about an $800 load.

Re: The Economy - 10/27/22 02:07 PM

Yeah, almost doubled since my last loads last year. :-(

Re: The Economy - 10/27/22 02:20 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Marty

Re: The Economy - 10/27/22 02:31 PM

things are crazy....do not see how this can last for much longer without the bubble bursting. It happened so fast also...

Re: The Economy - 10/27/22 03:17 PM

There is not enough personal or single family residential housing and or affordable housing for our growing population so larger rental units will be more expensive and more common as we move forward. There will be a real housing shortage for many years if not longer. In some ways renting and leasing versus home ownership fits the life style of the much more mobile and willing to move younger families. With huge labor shortages for some time to come moving to find the work you like and the revenues you want will be common place. Are they saving monies for the future? Maybe not but that does not seem to be their concerns at this point in their lives. After all the vast majority of baby boomers did not save enough to retire comfortably either so this spend now and worry later is not a new thing.

Bryce
Posted By: hippie

Re: The Economy - 10/27/22 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by Marty
things are crazy....do not see how this can last for much longer without the bubble bursting. It happened so fast also...

Land here is untouchable for locals, it is going for unheard of prices that people from the more populated counties are willing to pay.
Posted By: upstateNY

Re: The Economy - 10/27/22 05:26 PM

Low interest rates.
Posted By: super cub

Re: The Economy - 10/27/22 07:10 PM

there was an analysis on tv the other day said he looked for a lot of homes to be turned back to the banks because they won't be worth whats owed against them and also many have variable interest rates and can no longer afford the payment

Re: The Economy - 10/28/22 04:19 AM

Banks have made a lot of money even during these decades of low interest. They have put a lot of their equity in the market and have done well even with low interest, plus they did not pay out much interest either.
With strong leverage and good liquidity banks may welcome owning homes in receivership again. They are much stronger today than 14 years ago.

Bryce
Posted By: Willy Firewood

Re: The Economy - 10/28/22 06:47 AM

Back 14 years ago, 20% of all homes in Ohio were in foreclosure.
The Ohio Supreme Court sent letters to all attorneys asking us to try to reduce the catastrophe.
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: The Economy - 10/28/22 07:22 AM

Building like crazy in KC . Has slowed down a little but that happens every year in the fall. Spending a lot of money to use marginal ground too. Blasting out rock in some spots and hauling in dirt in others. Still building warehouses too because of the rail intermodal though that has really slowed. Home prices have not fallen but the meteoric rise has slowed. I hope that bodes well for everything else inflation wise. Jobs are still easy to get with decent wages.
Posted By: mud

Re: The Economy - 10/28/22 11:37 AM

[Linked Image]

Ocean’s East?
Posted By: Bear Tracker

Re: The Economy - 10/28/22 12:06 PM

Was just at an auction a few miles from my house, Rudy bought the land in his teens before he joined the military, 1952. North-Central Wi, farm fields sold for $4250.00 an acre. People were in shock but ti is the going prices. Average ag land was $3000.00, but not building any more of it. Recreational land is going for around $1500 - 3000. My brother and I bought our land mostly in the 80's for 86.00/acre,105/acre, then 500.00 per care. Only regret we didn't buy more.
Posted By: run

Re: The Economy - 10/28/22 01:01 PM

There’s probably one house in the there that is $400k and it’s right next to the recycling center. lol

That sounds handy to me, LOL!
Posted By: run

Re: The Economy - 10/28/22 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by SJA

That’s about an $800 load.

Ouch. smirk
© 2024 Trapperman Forums