Home

River the miracle girl

Posted By: BernieB.

River the miracle girl - 10/28/22 11:04 PM

The doctors told us she probably wouldn't make it through the night. That was on Monday. Today she is eating baby food and snuggling with Grandma and her brother Hunter. She's definitely not out of danger yet, but she's alive and slowly improving in tiny, tiny increments. The next few weeks will be very revealing what her life is going to be like without a large intestine and other parts. Hopefully she will be able to retain enough nutrition to sustain life. She has lost a lot of weight.

For those of you who prayed and offered encouraging words, all I can say is thank you although that seems so inadequate. There are lots of decisions to make and she is going to need a full time caretaker, probably for many months. This has been financially devastating for my son Ben and his wife Melissa as insurance has not covered anywhere near all of the bills.

Please keep praying for her recovery and also for wisdom for the decision makers. Bless you all.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: 2cylinder

Re: River the miracle girl - 10/28/22 11:08 PM

That’s great news compared to Monday! The human body is a miracle on what it can battle through
Posted By: logger coffey

Re: River the miracle girl - 10/28/22 11:09 PM

God bless her, and your family.
Posted By: goldnut

Re: River the miracle girl - 10/28/22 11:12 PM

The power of Prayer!!!!
Posted By: jhh

Re: River the miracle girl - 10/28/22 11:13 PM

May the Lord continue her improvement and guide her doctors to her full recovery.
Posted By: Donnersurvivor

Re: River the miracle girl - 10/28/22 11:14 PM

I'm glad to hear it and will keep her on my mind, she has been a in my thoughts frequently and I hope her condition continues to improve.
Posted By: Swamp Wolf

Re: River the miracle girl - 10/28/22 11:14 PM

That's great news Bernie!!!
Posted By: Giant Sage

Re: River the miracle girl - 10/28/22 11:28 PM

God's healing can defy all logic . Great news Mr B
Posted By: Butcher

Re: River the miracle girl - 10/28/22 11:35 PM

great news.PTL !!!
Posted By: Old pup

Re: River the miracle girl - 10/28/22 11:38 PM

This is awesome. Thank you, Lord!
Posted By: Pofarmer10

Re: River the miracle girl - 10/28/22 11:50 PM

That's awesome, Bernie!!! shocked
Posted By: atrapper

Re: River the miracle girl - 10/28/22 11:57 PM

That’s the greatest news I’ve heard all week! Thoughts and prayers for your family.
Posted By: Flicker Shad

Re: River the miracle girl - 10/29/22 12:01 AM

Great news Bernie. Your family will remain in my prayers.
Posted By: Pawnee

Re: River the miracle girl - 10/29/22 12:03 AM

Amen and continued prayers
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: River the miracle girl - 10/29/22 12:04 AM

Been praying for complete healing
...God can - our Faith matters!!!
In Jesus Name
Posted By: Broomchaser

Re: River the miracle girl - 10/29/22 12:05 AM

Great news Bernie! Thanks for the update! Prayers work. Will keep on praying for River and all.
Posted By: Boco

Re: River the miracle girl - 10/29/22 12:08 AM

Good news for sure.
God Bless.
Posted By: AntiGov

Re: River the miracle girl - 10/29/22 12:09 AM

Nice !!!!
Posted By: Blaine County

Re: River the miracle girl - 10/29/22 12:10 AM

More prayers from Oklahoma for your granddaughter and your family. She's a fighter!
Posted By: grumley701

Re: River the miracle girl - 10/29/22 12:11 AM

Awesome news Bernie, Rivers eyes look clear and bright... Praise God Almighty.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: River the miracle girl - 10/29/22 12:14 AM

To God be the glory! I'll keep praying for all of y'all.
Posted By: Moosetrot

Re: River the miracle girl - 10/29/22 12:29 AM

Never met you, Bernie, but I am guessing she comes from good, strong, tough stock. While she needs and deserves everyone's attention, you adults need to take care of each other through all of this too.

Again, I am not the type to pray but my thoughts and strength are with you and yours.

Moosetrot
Posted By: JoMiBru

Re: River the miracle girl - 10/29/22 12:34 AM

This is great news Bernie. Will continue to pray. Thanks for the update
Posted By: lee steinmeyer

Re: River the miracle girl - 10/29/22 12:38 AM

Great news Bernie!
Posted By: stinkypete

Re: River the miracle girl - 10/29/22 12:44 AM

Great News for sure. Prayers continue from Ohio
Posted By: Whopper Stopper

Re: River the miracle girl - 10/29/22 12:45 AM

Bernie let us know when/if you get a CaringBridge set up.

WS
Posted By: KeithC

Re: River the miracle girl - 10/29/22 12:45 AM

I am very glad to hear your granddaughter is doing better. I hope she makes a full recovery and has a great life.

Keith
Posted By: chas3457

Re: River the miracle girl - 10/29/22 01:02 AM

Praise God.

Prayers continue here.

Charlie
Posted By: TurkeyTime

Re: River the miracle girl - 10/29/22 01:03 AM

Still praying.
Posted By: white17

Re: River the miracle girl - 10/29/22 01:07 AM

That's great news Bernie !!

Is there any discussion of a way to replace the intestine that was removed ? Anything artificial ?
Posted By: Posco

Re: River the miracle girl - 10/29/22 01:27 AM

She looks so much like my own granddaughter. It gets to me.

Years ago we had some friends over and they had their toddler along with them. It only took a minute of distraction for that little girl to wander off and into a spare room where my reloading equipment was. Somehow, she managed to get the lid off a jar of Hoppes #9 solvent and drink it. You want to talk about some panicked people. We rushed her to the ER and they gave her charcoal to soak up the solvent. She recovered with no ill effects.

It can happen in a blink.
Posted By: Sharon

Re: River the miracle girl - 10/29/22 01:53 AM

Every day is progress. All the best to that little girl.
Posted By: J.Morse

Re: River the miracle girl - 10/29/22 01:55 AM

What wonderful news!
Posted By: 30/06

Re: River the miracle girl - 10/29/22 01:59 AM

Bernie, that is wonderful news! Nothing grabs the heart quite like a sick child. God bless her and her family. Thanks for the update.
Posted By: Michael Lippold

Re: River the miracle girl - 10/29/22 02:04 AM

Happy to hear that, continued prayers from my family
Posted By: Bear Tracker

Re: River the miracle girl - 10/29/22 02:38 AM

Awesome, Bernie, God is good!
Posted By: coyote addict

Re: River the miracle girl - 10/29/22 02:39 AM

Wonderful news Berrnie, Thinking of River and your family everyday. Wishing you all the best.
Posted By: Larry Bowden

Re: River the miracle girl - 10/29/22 02:44 AM

Praise God. Prayers will continue.
Posted By: west river rogue

Re: River the miracle girl - 10/29/22 09:37 AM

More prayers for River in Jesus name..Amen and Amen.
Posted By: Feedinggrounds

Re: River the miracle girl - 10/29/22 10:13 AM

River will remain in my prayers. Give thanks for continued improvement!!
Posted By: GWGjr

Re: River the miracle girl - 10/29/22 10:14 AM

Prayers for River and your family are ongoing. God Bless
Posted By: mike mason

Re: River the miracle girl - 10/29/22 10:45 AM

Great news!
Posted By: newfox1

Re: River the miracle girl - 10/29/22 10:47 AM

God bless you all, she’s a fighter.
Posted By: Turtledale

Re: River the miracle girl - 10/29/22 10:48 AM

So glad to hear River is improving. Thanks be to God and the caretakers he blessed with healing hand and minds. Amen
Posted By: BTLowry

Re: River the miracle girl - 10/29/22 10:55 AM

GOD is all powerful

So happy to see she is doing as well as can be expected

Will continue to pray for healing and comfort

As far as the bills, pay what they reasonably can.
Posted By: Donnie H

Re: River the miracle girl - 10/29/22 11:18 AM

Glad to hear and see the good news.
Still pray'in
Posted By: bowhunterks

Re: River the miracle girl - 10/29/22 12:33 PM

That's GREAT news!
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: River the miracle girl - 10/29/22 01:49 PM

God Is good, what's this wet stuff rolling down my cheek. I hope and pray she gains strength and can live a long happy life .
Posted By: HILLTOP TRAPPER

Re: River the miracle girl - 10/29/22 02:16 PM

so glad shes recovering,praying for her and your family
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: River the miracle girl - 10/29/22 02:30 PM

As far as medical bills I would think the hospital will work with you. I think that day care should be responsible for them and a bunch more putting thinks out small kids will eat where small kids are being keep. I would think they are also Insured if it's a business and not just someone's friends mom or someone that baby sits at their home.. I would have a difficult talk with them.

Back to the positive. Hospital will normally work with people and wright large amounts off

Re: River the miracle girl - 10/29/22 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by Providence Farm
As far as medical bills I would think the hospital will work with you. I think that day care should be responsible for them and a bunch more putting thinks out small kids will eat where small kids are being keep. I would think they are also Insured if it's a business and not just someone's friends mom or someone that baby sits at their home.. I would have a difficult talk with them.

Back to the positive. Hospital will normally work with people and wright large amounts off

I hear ya. I am not involved in that and should stay out of the finances of it, I just know this is a big burden. They have $10,000 deductible which is used up, plus it's about to roll over to a new period which means they'll have to pay another $10k soon. She's not working because she has MS so he's the sole provider. Major setback for a long time because this is going to be expensive for years if she lives.

As far as liability for the daycare goes, I am sure the hospital is a mandatory reporting agency and I suspect the day care has already got a visit from child protective services. We have not even talked about that side of it yet because we are pretty well emotionally spent just hoping and praying she pulls through.

Pic of her this morning.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: MTtraps

Re: River the miracle girl - 10/29/22 04:05 PM

Prayers still from here too, it'll be rough for a while, but pray that one day this will all just be a story for her to tell her grandchildren
Posted By: Trapper Bo

Re: River the miracle girl - 10/29/22 07:15 PM

Bernie- There is guy by the name of Don Higgins out of Illinois, with another man named Terry Peer. They run a business, podcast and other entities focused on hunting whitetails. They are strong Christians and have an organization called Lester’s Feet that offers financial assistance in just these types of situations. I’m sure you could do a quick search and find them, but if not I’d be happy to help you get some info. They are straight up and legit, no strings attached or funny business. Might be worth a try contacting them. Have prayed for you all and I hope you feel His presence surrounding you. Bo
Posted By: run

Re: River the miracle girl - 10/29/22 07:40 PM

I hope the granddaughter continues to recover quickly.
Posted By: foxkidd44

Re: River the miracle girl - 10/29/22 08:40 PM

Thank you creator!!! Please continue to have your healing hands on this child
Posted By: Owen156

Re: River the miracle girl - 10/30/22 02:34 AM

Wow, that is a miracle, thank the Lord.
Posted By: Norwestalta

Re: River the miracle girl - 10/30/22 02:54 AM

Bernie, you don't know me and I don't know you but I am sincerely happy to hear that your precious granddaughter is on the mend. I realize that finances are the least of your families worries during this time but please send me your mailing address so I can get a money order sent your way to help with recovery and treatment expenses.

Blaine.
Posted By: JoMiBru

Re: River the miracle girl - 10/30/22 04:27 AM

Bernie, did the doctors ever say what chemistry was in the fake cob webs that made her so sick? Glad to see the pictures of River, she truly is a miracle girl.

Still praying, John
Posted By: FL cracker in AK

Re: River the miracle girl - 10/30/22 05:33 AM

Praying.
Posted By: Wolfdog91

Re: River the miracle girl - 10/30/22 05:39 AM

Prayers sent

Re: River the miracle girl - 10/30/22 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by Trapper Bo
Bernie- There is guy by the name of Don Higgins out of Illinois, with another man named Terry Peer. They run a business, podcast and other entities focused on hunting whitetails. They are strong Christians and have an organization called Lester’s Feet that offers financial assistance in just these types of situations. I’m sure you could do a quick search and find them, but if not I’d be happy to help you get some info. They are straight up and legit, no strings attached or funny business. Might be worth a try contacting them. Have prayed for you all and I hope you feel His presence surrounding you. Bo

I know Don Higgins. My dealings with him would not cause anyone to think of him as a strong Christian I'll leave it at that.

Re: River the miracle girl - 10/30/22 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by Norwestalta
Bernie, you don't know me and I don't know you but I am sincerely happy to hear that your precious granddaughter is on the mend. I realize that finances are the least of your families worries during this time but please send me your mailing address so I can get a money order sent your way to help with recovery and treatment expenses.

Blaine.

Please PM me and I will giveyou my son's address so you can send it directly to him. Thank you.

Re: River the miracle girl - 10/30/22 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by JoMiBru

Bernie, did the doctors ever say what chemistry was in the fake cob webs that made her so sick? Glad to see the pictures of River, she truly is a miracle girl.

Still praying, John

At this point they are not giving any indication about it at all. They will not even say what caused the problem. There may be legal complications they don't want to get caught up in I suppose. It will all sort itself out in time.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: River the miracle girl - 10/30/22 12:36 PM

Praying for River this Sunday morning .praying for healing to her little body.
And for strength for You Bernie along with her parents.

Prayers to the Father in the Name of the Son Jesus
Posted By: Trapper Bo

Re: River the miracle girl - 10/30/22 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by BernieB.
Originally Posted by Trapper Bo

I know Don Higgins. My dealings with him would not cause anyone to think of him as a strong Christian I'll leave it at that.

Very well then. Good luck to you.
Posted By: Leary Sink

Re: River the miracle girl - 10/31/22 04:30 AM

Thrilled she is doing better, will keep her and all your family in my continued prayers.

Re: River the miracle girl - 10/31/22 11:21 AM

https://www.givesendgo.com/G9EJQ?ut..._medium=copy_link&utm_campaign=G9EJQ
Posted By: Northof50

Re: River the miracle girl - 10/31/22 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by BernieB.
Originally Posted by JoMiBru

Still praying, John

At this point they are not giving any indication about it at all. They will not even say what caused the problem. There may be legal complications they don't want to get caught up in I suppose. It will all sort itself out in time.

sounds about right
lets hope it does not fall between the cracks
My thoughts go out for that little girl
Posted By: RdFx

Re: River the miracle girl - 10/31/22 03:40 PM

Good to hear, prayers still coming. keep us posted.
Posted By: Ed Patrick

Re: River the miracle girl - 11/03/22 04:14 PM

Any news? How is she doing?
© 2024 Trapperman Forums