Re: Am I askin for it? - 11/04/22 05:09 PM

What is that, Hoss ?
Posted By: k snow

Re: Am I askin for it? - 11/04/22 05:11 PM

From a gas station?

Hope you got a big roll of two ply.
Posted By: Cedar Hacker

Re: Am I askin for it? - 11/04/22 05:15 PM

Looks like one of those ready made meals from HEB made by those little people with funny eyes.
Posted By: Woodsloafer72

Re: Am I askin for it? - 11/04/22 05:22 PM

The stuff wrapped in tissue paper looks like it needs to be cooked. What's in the plastic cups looks like it has already been eaten, processed, and expelled.

What in tarnation is that mess?!
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Am I askin for it? - 11/04/22 05:31 PM

Now Savell ain't going to invite you fishin. You might eat all the bait.lol
Posted By: Yes sir

Re: Am I askin for it? - 11/04/22 05:35 PM

That looks like coon bait and lure to me. I'd make some flames and fix it right before I'd eat that. There's a reason they call someone who makes food a cook......
Posted By: Jurassic Park

Re: Am I askin for it? - 11/04/22 05:36 PM

Whatever that is needs to be deep fried on high for 9 minutes.
Posted By: Sharon

Re: Am I askin for it? - 11/04/22 05:37 PM

It reminds me of those big white grubs the Aborigines dig and roast over a fire. grin I've heard they're supposed to be pretty good.
Posted By: Cragar

Re: Am I askin for it? - 11/04/22 05:38 PM

Spring roll.
We have a Vietnamese resturant here that makes them.

Re: Am I askin for it? - 11/04/22 05:44 PM

Thanks , Cragar, I like trying different foods.
Posted By: k snow

Re: Am I askin for it? - 11/04/22 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by Sharon

That ain't food. That's a colonoscopy prep package.
Posted By: gcs

Re: Am I askin for it? - 11/04/22 05:52 PM

Some folks never learn..... sick

Re: Am I askin for it? - 11/04/22 05:59 PM

I don't want to hear any whining when the scours hit u if u eat that
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: Am I askin for it? - 11/04/22 06:06 PM

No worries. One bite and I threw it out. It came from one of them $80 a plate outfits and after one bite I'd have licked a spoon full of Backbreaker I swear.

Ended up having to stop and get a burger at Willie's. Savell will know where its at.

Re: Am I askin for it? - 11/04/22 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by Yes sir
I don't want to hear any whining when the scours hit u if u eat that

I wonder if our partner Savell can work some of his photo shop magic and provide us a visual to reinforce this idea......
Posted By: patrapperbuster

Re: Am I askin for it? - 11/04/22 06:27 PM

The wraps are the before. The little cups are the after
Posted By: warrior

Re: Am I askin for it? - 11/04/22 06:36 PM

I'm game, I'll eat anything that don't eat me first.

I happen to like blutwurst and weisswurst. Scuba will know the ingredients.

Sushi is good, too.

Re: Am I askin for it? - 11/04/22 06:39 PM

Warior if this stuff was any worse I'd have had to wire brush my dam tongue! And you, Yes Sir don't be giving juvenile delinquents any new idears!
Posted By: upstateNY

Re: Am I askin for it? - 11/04/22 06:42 PM

We have a girl in town that runs a small Sushi Bar inside our local Price Chopper grocery store,,and let me tell you she knows her stuff!! GOOD Sushi is Delicious.Bad Sushi is,,,well,,,BAD. laugh

Re: Am I askin for it? - 11/04/22 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by Leftlane
Warior if this stuff was any worse I'd have had to wire brush my dam tongue! And you, Yes Sir don't be giving juvenile delinquents any new idears!

I'll take your word for it. While I may be game that don't mean I like everything I try. I'll never eat possum again.

But that looks asian and I like alot of asian stuff even if I can't pronounce it. Really like me some kung pao or schezaun.
Posted By: Scuba1

Re: Am I askin for it? - 11/04/22 06:53 PM

Fried Blutwurst I can eat by the pound. That stuff in the picture not so much. Having said that I do like sushi when its cooked properly.
Posted By: nightlife

Re: Am I askin for it? - 11/04/22 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by Woodsloafer72
The stuff wrapped in tissue paper looks like it needs to be cooked. What's in the plastic cups looks like it has already been eaten, processed, and expelled.

Already cooked and the peanut sauce doesn’t need it, looks like shrimp spring roll, essentially cooked shrimp with some vegetables, (think egg roll) in a wrapper that’s kind of like a thin noodle

You guys don’t know what’s good

Re: Am I askin for it? - 11/04/22 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by Sharon

I'm kinda lucky here , because where I am is densely populated there are a lot of options for food. Tons of Spanish food , Brazilian steak houses , Portuguese food.
On the rarer stuff we have a Hungarian goulash place , an Australian bakery , several Indian places , Greek food , Thai restaurants , and just one vegan place. ( I don't go there....lol)

Re: Am I askin for it? - 11/04/22 07:35 PM

I'll mow down some Portuguese cookin!

This stuff was supposed to be French-Vietnamese cuisine and it was gross. The dipping sauce looked like peanut butter thinned out with turpentine but it didn't taste nearly that good
Posted By: upstateNY

Re: Am I askin for it? - 11/04/22 07:41 PM

This stuff was supposed to be French-Vietnamese cuisine and it was gross. The dipping sauce looked like peanut butter thinned out with turpentine but it didn't taste nearly that good

sick

Re: Am I askin for it? - 11/04/22 07:44 PM

Well Hoss, I give ya credit in wanting to try a variety of food. Not a thing wrong in that. The way nightlife described it, that sounds good.

And Cragar, the variety of great cuisine where you are is legendary.

I've been enjoying cooking Thai dishes in my new wok. Just wonderful food. Love it.

Re: Am I askin for it? - 11/04/22 07:47 PM

It's good stuff. Especially the fish dishes. Baked cod to die for.
Posted By: Turtledale

Re: Am I askin for it? - 11/04/22 07:48 PM

One bite of that Leftlane and I'd have gargle with battery acid just to get my taste buds back in order
Posted By: west river rogue

Re: Am I askin for it? - 11/04/22 07:50 PM

We also did chinese buffet yesterday. I flirted with the little server and she responded well to it.

Re: Am I askin for it? - 11/04/22 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by upstateNY

sick

I've never tried vietnamese but to hear dad tell it I'm not missing anything but he's not as adventurous as I am and he has every reason to dislike anything vietnamese.

Re: Am I askin for it? - 11/04/22 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by nightlife
Originally Posted by Woodsloafer72

Already cooked and the peanut sauce doesn’t need it, looks like shrimp spring roll, essentially cooked shrimp with some vegetables, (think egg roll) in a wrapper that’s kind of like a thin noodle

You guys don’t know what’s good

Judging by lefties opinion I'm good with not knowing what's good grin

Re: Am I askin for it? - 11/04/22 08:31 PM

A point to ponder -
Anytime you decide try something new to your palate , find a very good example to taste test rather than what ever comes along. Trying sushi for the first time in your life from a gas station will ruin that experience for life.
Going to a good sushi restaurant will let you know what it should taste like and you can judge lesser experiences from that benchmark.

We have a couple Vietnamese resturants here. The better one makes excellent spring rolls. I've had spring rolls from Chinese buffets that were kinda lame. Just like there are a bunch of pizza places here that make OK to lame pizza. I will go out of my way and pay a bit more for the places that make great pizza.

Re: Am I askin for it? - 11/04/22 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by Turtledale
One bite of that Leftlane and I'd have gargle with battery acid just to get my taste buds back in order

Oh man. My 2nd stop was a plastic surgeon's office bldg and I'm trying to talk Doc Gunipintanini into cutting the taste buds out and grafting skin from the bottom of my sac into my mouth so I can quit tastin that crap

Re: Am I askin for it? - 11/04/22 09:15 PM

I've had good spring rolls. Mama Lee was the wife of our First Sergeant she was Thai and they had married while he was stationed there. She looked after us single guys in the barracks and saw to it we had better chow than the mess hall around the holidays. Her spring rolls were to die for.

One of our squad leaders was married to a Korean gal. Grew to love kimchi. But fair warning kimchi washed down with hefeweiss makes for rather potent exhaust fumes. More than once top made 1st platoon pull up the rear on the Monday morning PT run.

Re: Am I askin for it? - 11/04/22 10:05 PM

I generally like Asian food until it makes me sick. Then not so much.

Gotta go phones ringin and I hope it's that surgeon
Posted By: SJA

Re: Am I askin for it? - 11/04/22 10:09 PM

Other than "homemade" Kimchi, this store-bought brand is best I've found! Costco sells it.

[Linked Image]

Re: Am I askin for it? - 11/05/22 03:33 AM

I'm swearing off that healthy food as of today! Them heart attacks aren't much worse than having to taste crap all day and night!
Posted By: Bob Jameson

Re: Am I askin for it? - 11/05/22 02:51 PM

I can see that some of you fellas will put anything in your mouth. I have stuff in my shop that looks more appetizing then that. smile

Re: Am I askin for it? - 11/05/22 03:48 PM

Bob if I ever go back (that restaurant has filed a water claim so I might have to at some point) I am plugging my nostrils with Sierra Mist and Copenhagen.

Sharron, I don't know what they call that, it was given to me by the owner on a complimentary basis. If I need anything fancy in the future it wontt be from there LOL
Posted By: Marty

Re: Am I askin for it? - 11/05/22 03:51 PM

laugh
Posted By: run

Re: Am I askin for it? - 11/05/22 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by SJA
Other than "homemade" Kimchi, this store-bought brand is best I've found! Costco sells it.

[Linked Image]

Looks like auto parts store food, LOL! Napa!
Posted By: Bob_Iowa

Re: Am I askin for it? - 11/06/22 12:13 AM

Kimchi is really good except when you already have hemorrhoid problems, then the burn never ends.
Posted By: SJA

Re: Am I askin for it? - 11/06/22 12:14 AM

Originally Posted by Bob_Iowa
Kimchi is really good except when you already have hemorrhoid problems, then the burn never ends.

You're right! grin
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Am I askin for it? - 11/06/22 01:06 AM

[Linked Image]

Pretty sure those are raw testicles.

Re: Am I askin for it? - 11/06/22 02:11 AM

They were shrimp grandpa. Put her glasses on. Oh and turn your hearing aid up!
© 2024 Trapperman Forums