Home

Yellowstone Cowboys

Posted By: Cedar Hacker

Yellowstone Cowboys - 11/04/22 05:31 PM

I have never watched the TV show and do not intend to.
I have seen a good bit about the cowboys that work on the 6666 ranch depicting such in the TV show.

Well this past weekend there was a little ranch rodeo up in Ft. Worth, Texas and the five man team from the 6666 was there competing.
There were 10 five man teams competing in events that they might encounter or perform out in the pasture on any given day.

The 6666 team wound up in 10th. place after two days of competition. What we call down here "sucking the hind teat".
But I guess anyone can have a couple of bad days.

It is a good thing they have a job and are not day working for a living.
Posted By: Yes sir

Re: Yellowstone Cowboys - 11/04/22 05:40 PM

If you make it to Amarillo next week for the finals you will get to watch a couple of my nephews complete. One has won the top hand a couple of times and set the bronc riding record a couple of times.
Posted By: nvwrangler

Re: Yellowstone Cowboys - 11/04/22 05:47 PM

The western states ranch rodeo finals is this weekend in Winnemucca Nv, big loops and slick horns .

https://www.wsrra.org/ranch-rodeos
Posted By: SGT. C

Re: Yellowstone Cowboys - 11/04/22 10:13 PM

November 8th. The train station will be very busy.
Sarge
Posted By: Catch22

Re: Yellowstone Cowboys - 11/04/22 10:22 PM

They came in 10th place cause Teeter wasn't there!
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: Yellowstone Cowboys - 11/04/22 10:27 PM

Cedar Hacker that is how competitive it is nowadays. Your top hands are just that til you git to town and see what everyone else drug in. Rodeo Ranch Rodeo, and any of the perfomance stock competitions just keep producing better and better contestants. If you don't beleive me take in a Bull Fighters Only. Those new guys are doing no look back flips over meskin fightin bulls and stickin the landing half the time.

Callie's Brother you need go set up a booth and sell t shirts and straw hats them nephew's autographed!

Re: Yellowstone Cowboys - 11/04/22 10:28 PM

Heck I'd love to have an autographed Haywire Cattle Co tshirt!

Re: Yellowstone Cowboys - 11/04/22 10:42 PM

Re: Yellowstone Cowboys - 11/04/22 10:45 PM

Don't know if they are going under haywire this year but I'll find out and let you know

Re: Yellowstone Cowboys - 11/05/22 12:23 AM

The team the boys are on is S&P/Rocking P

Re: Yellowstone Cowboys - 11/06/22 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by Yes sir
If you make it to Amarillo next week for the finals you will get to watch a couple of my nephews complete. One has won the top hand a couple of times and set the bronc riding record a couple of times.

I saw that team compete two or three years ago as the Haywire. My short term memory is practically nonexistent but I do remember one of those hands was riding a really good horse.

Originally Posted by Leftlane
Cedar Hacker that is how competitive it is nowadays. Your top hands are just that til you git to town and see what everyone else drug in. Rodeo Ranch Rodeo, and any of the perfomance stock competitions just keep producing better and better contestants. If you don't beleive

Na ! I don't believe you. Below is a young man that had 79 qualified rides in a row. George Paul is his name. Nobody, and I mean nobody has come close to him.

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by nvwrangler
The western states ranch rodeo finals is this weekend in Winnemucca Nv, big loops and slick horns .

https://www.wsrra.org/ranch-rodeos

I saw some of it on TV. Man those gals are plenty tough. I could make hoof prints with them any day.
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: Yellowstone Cowboys - 11/06/22 06:59 PM

Ther is a rodeo on Louisville I think my wife said on Friday. She called and asked if she should buy discounted tickets through 4h she saw were offered. I haven't been to one since high-school and my kids never have.

She thought it would be nice to go.

I have no idea who is putting it on or anything else about it other than I told her yes we can go. Should be fun and hopefully get my boys mor interested in horses than dirt bikes and 4 wheelers.

Re: Yellowstone Cowboys - 11/06/22 07:02 PM

I hope you have a good time and your family enjoys the activities.
Posted By: Sharon

Re: Yellowstone Cowboys - 11/06/22 07:10 PM

I haven't been to a rodeo that I haven't liked. Small local or national events. Actually, some of the most fun for me have been the smaller local events. I have even rode speed horses from their stables to those localized rodeos. That's the fun in them too, you can just show up like an Aborigine on walkabout, and enter a competition on the spot.

Have fun , PF. You'll find true Americans who love this country at those places. Rodeos are kryptonite poison for anyone who dislikes real masculine, strong men , and true tough but feminine women who love them.
Posted By: Blaine County

Re: Yellowstone Cowboys - 11/06/22 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by Leftlane

That was awesome!

Re: Yellowstone Cowboys - 11/06/22 10:34 PM

Here's some bull jumping !

Re: Yellowstone Cowboys - 11/07/22 12:39 AM

I love watching those bull jumpers, it never gets old.

Copy the S&P/ Rockin P Yes Sir
© 2024 Trapperman Forums