Home

First snow

Posted By: danny clifton

First snow - 11/05/22 11:21 AM

Its not cold. 36 F. Still its our first snow of the year. Been raining for about the last 20 hours. I am sure that as soon as the sun comes up it will be rain again or quit precipitating all together.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Yes sir

Re: First snow - 11/05/22 11:26 AM

About done here. Hopefully the deer will b moving this morning
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: First snow - 11/05/22 11:29 AM

We might get a little of that today, they say. Got 1.25 inches of rain yesterday and I think it rained lightly all night. I hope it rains all day today too,
Posted By: Macthediver

Re: First snow - 11/05/22 11:51 AM

Danny
All that wets been coming north started raining here yesterday morning. Was off and on all day yesterday. Supposed to be the same today. No snow here but temperature went from in 60s to 40s. Tis that time of year.

Mac
Posted By: Kansas Cat

Re: First snow - 11/05/22 12:34 PM

Saw the same over our way Danny. Did the rest of Kansas get any precipitation?
Posted By: lee steinmeyer

Re: First snow - 11/05/22 02:24 PM

Got about the same up here, Danny. Was 34, but snowing hard when I got up to pee, about four this morning. Suns out and supposed to be 57 today, and it’s been gone for awhile already!
Posted By: K52

Re: First snow - 11/05/22 03:09 PM

We got about 3/8” of rain when the front went through last night. We haven’t haven’t had 20 hours of rain total from April till now. The drought is really bad. You could walk across the Neosho and not get your ankles wet.Temp was 40 at 5:30 this morning.
Posted By: Michigander

Re: First snow - 11/05/22 03:55 PM

I have been tromping through 12-16 inches of the stuff all week in NW Colorado. We bailed camp before this last storm which dumped another foot where we were at. Good in moderation for finding elk.
Posted By: Turtledale

Re: First snow - 11/05/22 05:57 PM

I'm jealous, second day in a row with record breaking heat. 79°F
Posted By: Bob_Iowa

Re: First snow - 11/06/22 12:01 AM

Ended up with 8 tenths and no snow.

Re: First snow - 11/06/22 07:50 PM

We did get 3” of rain for a change. Been bone dry here up till that. Came hard at times, but there was NO runoff. They have rain in for Tue and Thur next week again.
Posted By: beaverpeeler

Re: First snow - 11/06/22 08:16 PM

We're getting snow right now as well. Earliest I ever remember for the southern Willamette valley.
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: First snow - 11/06/22 08:50 PM

Lee we got some good rain too. I don't think it will help pasture much this late in the year but was sure enough needed.

Re: First snow - 11/06/22 10:35 PM

I agree, Danny. If they left the cows on too long, it is pretty void of cover. We need a good rain now, just to get some water in the ponds. As low as they are, if we don’t get some before a hard freeze up, there won’t be many fish survive! We may need all the food sources we can find to make it through the train wreck coming our way!
Posted By: Roy Greenfield

Re: First snow - 11/07/22 02:21 AM

Guess Kansas is looking better than Nebraska for rain. We haven't had any moisture in so long the beaver have forgotten how to swim.
Roy
© 2024 Trapperman Forums