Home

Pans work

Posted By: Wolfdog91

Pans work - 11/08/22 04:56 PM

Seems to be doing the job...gotta say I love how the possum have a legit five gallon all you can eat bucket feeder not ten feet away with dog food corn and bird seed and they go out of their way to stick their head in my rat box smirk
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: MikeTraps2

Re: Pans work - 11/08/22 05:49 PM

When using coniboxes I have found that pans work the best for consistent catches. I also add 1/4 or 1/2" hardware cloth to the back of the box to allow for airflow. I use 160's for my boxes and also raise the front of the box 2 or 3 inches if possible. Mine run 7 1/2 by 9 1/2 by 18 inches.

Mike
Posted By: Yukon John

Re: Pans work - 11/08/22 05:54 PM

That's a pretty possum!
Posted By: Wolfdog91

Re: Pans work - 11/08/22 11:58 PM

Originally Posted by Yukon John
That's a pretty possum!

Lol seriously?
Posted By: Feedinggrounds

Re: Pans work - 11/09/22 12:34 AM

Originally Posted by Wolfdog91
Originally Posted by Yukon John
That's a pretty possum!

Lol seriously?

Top lot if I ever seen one!
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Pans work - 11/09/22 01:09 PM

Gorgeous possum...prize winning
Posted By: shanemoss

Re: Pans work - 11/09/22 01:32 PM

Am I the only person that really think possum is Purdy? If you never seen the animal itself but only the fur? I'm talking about southern silvers and not the black jacks though. Lol. Perfect catch.
Posted By: 20scout

Re: Pans work - 11/09/22 01:44 PM

We honestly don't have many around here and have never caught any trapping. But I have come across a few while visiting friends out of state and think they are a very unique critter, as of they were made up of left over parts from other critters. Their grey and white fur reminds me of smoke, their feet quite unique, their rat like tail can have a mind of it's own at times not to mention their strange defense mechanism of playing dead. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad I don't have them clogging up my traps but they are still a cool animal.
Posted By: shanemoss

Re: Pans work - 11/09/22 02:09 PM

They are a pain in Alabama as far as sniffing out my best dirthole sets. I've seen alot in wisconsin but never ca7ght one though. I'll take possums clogging my coyote traps over these skunks though anywday. Everything I use now smells like skunk just from being in the catch circle.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums