Home

Kansas, you are not as a conservative state

Posted By: Grandpa Trapper

Kansas, you are not as a conservative state - 11/09/22 07:16 PM

as I thought.
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: Kansas, you are not as a conservative state - 11/09/22 10:36 PM

Kansas has been locked in battle for many years because the big cities in the east (Kansas City, Laurence, and Topeka) have vote blue while the other 100 or so counties try to offset them with red votes.
Posted By: Lazarus

Re: Kansas, you are not as a conservative state - 11/09/22 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by Leftlane
Kansas has been locked in battle for many years because the big cities in the east (Kansas City, Laurence, and Topeka) have vote blue while the other 100 or so counties try to offset them with red votes.

So Kansas has become Nevada. We have one county deep blue (the largest), one that is blue, and then all the other counties in the state are deep, deep red.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Kansas, you are not as a conservative state - 11/09/22 10:41 PM

Posted By: Yukon John

Re: Kansas, you are not as a conservative state - 11/09/22 10:54 PM

I believe last pres election was first time Topeka (Shawnee co) voted blue...and will from here on out. There is a shooting reported at least 4 times a week there nowadays. Pretty much 3 counties Douglas, Johnson, and Shawnee (now).
Posted By: ZionHeritageFarm

Re: Kansas, you are not as a conservative state - 11/09/22 11:18 PM

Yes. It saddens me. I am very disappointed with the state, and the country for that matter. I have my theories, but will just keep them to myself.
Posted By: cat daddy

Re: Kansas, you are not as a conservative state - 11/10/22 12:06 AM

Carry on my wayward son
Posted By: Mike in A-town

Re: Kansas, you are not as a conservative state - 11/10/22 12:26 AM

[Linked Image]

Mike
Posted By: TC1

Re: Kansas, you are not as a conservative state - 11/10/22 12:33 AM

If that map is true, it is sad that this is allowed to happen. 3 percent of a states counties should not dictate a states voice.
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: Kansas, you are not as a conservative state - 11/10/22 12:39 AM

Originally Posted by Lazarus
Originally Posted by Leftlane

So Kansas has become Nevada. We have one county deep blue (the largest), one that is blue, and then all the other counties in the state are deep, deep red.

Same thing exactly! Check out the map Mike in A Town provided.
Posted By: Marty

Re: Kansas, you are not as a conservative state - 11/10/22 12:42 AM

same thing going on all over the USA.

Re: Kansas, you are not as a conservative state - 11/10/22 12:46 AM

Anyone else ever noticed the folks in blue districts are pretty cocky considering most of them are between red districts and large bodies of water?

Just sayin'.

Mike

Re: Kansas, you are not as a conservative state - 11/10/22 12:46 AM

Originally Posted by Marty

Yep.

Mike
Posted By: Coyote Clayton

Re: Kansas, you are not as a conservative state - 11/10/22 03:45 AM

Moderate. Pretty close to liberal.
Posted By: grumley701

Re: Kansas, you are not as a conservative state - 11/10/22 03:48 AM

Originally Posted by Marty

Not in this part of fly over country..
Posted By: Yukon John

Re: Kansas, you are not as a conservative state - 11/10/22 03:55 AM

Originally Posted by TC1
If that map is true, it is sad that this is allowed to happen. 3 percent of a states counties should not dictate a states voice.

I don't know if that map is accurate or not, but we have 105 counties and I could think of 3 that are lib. I'm not certain that Schmidt was our saving grace, but I have no idea how with Kelly it was such a victory. Can happen to ANY state, don't think it can't!
Posted By: Swifty

Re: Kansas, you are not as a conservative state - 11/10/22 05:45 AM

It isn't like Kansas having a Democrat governor is something new. The list of the last 14 governors (including the current one) in Kansas includes 7 Republicans and 7 Democrats. The years served by these 14 folks were approximately 30 years by Republicans and 36 years for Democrats (plus 4 more now with yesterday's election).

Before all these, the Republicans really out number the Democrats through Kansas history.

The other state and federal offices I think have been much more heavily Republican through the years in Kansas.
Posted By: bandy

Re: Kansas, you are not as a conservative state - 11/10/22 11:45 AM

Virginia is mostly the same way red state with a frw blue spots. If the state's were set up with a electoral college this country would be in a little better shape.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Kansas, you are not as a conservative state - 11/10/22 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by bandy
Virginia is mostly the same way red state with a frw blue spots. If the state's were set up with a electoral college this country would be in a little better shape.

I think the electoral college approach for state elections should be strongly considered throughout all 50 states.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums