Home

Silver lining

Posted By: AntiGov

Silver lining - 11/10/22 01:28 AM

No red wave is good for 2024

Not near enough pain and suffering yet

People have short memories , smoothing things out now would not be good for 2024
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: Silver lining - 11/10/22 01:29 AM

Optimism is a good thing. grin
Posted By: SundanceMtnMan

Re: Silver lining - 11/10/22 01:51 AM

As long as Trump doesn't run the republicans will be fine
Posted By: Average Joe

Re: Silver lining - 11/10/22 01:56 AM

Originally Posted by SundanceMtnMan

Uh-oh, I’m afraid you’ve called down the the thunder. The resident T-man politicians will not be pleased.
Good luck!

Re: Silver lining - 11/10/22 02:54 AM

Originally Posted by SundanceMtnMan

If Trump doesn't run the Republicans will loose

Trump 2024
DeSantis on deck
Posted By: Marty

Re: Silver lining - 11/10/22 03:15 AM

It is over.

Re: Silver lining - 11/10/22 03:16 AM

Originally Posted by Marty
It is over.

You may be right .....I'm preparing for the final descent
Posted By: nate

Re: Silver lining - 11/10/22 03:27 AM

Pathetic how many people (the one's on here included) don't like Trump, a man that loves this country and the people,a man that puts America first, all these people want the old GOP back they want cowards to run our country, it's pathetic.

Trump 2024
DeSantis on deck

Re: Silver lining - 11/10/22 03:34 AM

Originally Posted by nate
Pathetic how many people (the one's on here included) don't like Trump, a man that loves this country and the people,a man that puts America first, all these people want the old GOP back they want cowards to run our country, it's pathetic.

Trump 2024
DeSantis on deck

I agree , it's sad ......it definitely proves the power of brainwashing , I've seen people on here starting to buy the lies
Posted By: H2ORat

Re: Silver lining - 11/10/22 03:37 AM

Originally Posted by trapdog1

Yea -- I used to have that -- I think that oregon just proved that they can be as stupid as ny and cali this week. I am looking for some good suggestions of states where it would be user friendly to start over in. Looks likely that they are bringing ny gun laws to us (imagine that with a gov from ny) . Between the trapping crap and the gun crap and the fact that I haven't had representation on the state level for about 30 years -- looks like it is time to vacate and let the stupid people kill themselves off. The wife has said that she wouldn't be willing to come with me , and I don't have the money to maintain 2 residences for very long, but it may be time to see if she was serious ( it will be hard to get used to her not sleeping next to me after 31 years) .
Posted By: grumley701

Re: Silver lining - 11/10/22 03:41 AM

Originally Posted by H2ORat

Yea -- I used to have that -- I think that oregon just proved that they can be as stupid as ny and cali this week. I am looking for some good suggestions of states where it would be user friendly to start over in. Looks likely that they are bringing ny gun laws to us (imagine that with a gov from ny) . Between the trapping crap and the gun crap and the fact that I haven't had representation on the state level for about 30 years -- looks like it is time to vacate and let the stupid people kill themselves off. The wife has said that she wouldn't be willing to come with me , and I don't have the money to maintain 2 residences for very long, but it may be time to see if she was serious ( it will be hard to get used to her not sleeping next to me after 31 years) .

I'm a big fan of North Dakota but I'd have no problem living in South Dakota either....... that's about all the suggestions I have.....good luck with the wife.

Re: Silver lining - 11/10/22 03:43 AM

Yeah my wife ain't keen on moving either ,

Is it official with kotex yet ?.........she needs a free helicopter ride
Posted By: waggler

Re: Silver lining - 11/10/22 03:50 AM

I love nearly everything that Trump did; with the exception of banning importation of lion trophies from Africa. I would vote for him again.
However, I am a realist, a lot of Republican women do not like Trump, the Republicans need all the votes they can get going into 2024.
As of now I think DeSantis is the best option.
Posted By: yotetrapper30

Re: Silver lining - 11/10/22 03:52 AM

Originally Posted by waggler
I love nearly everything that Trump did; with the exception of banning importation of lion trophies from Africa. I would vote for him again.
However, I am a realist, a lot of Republican women do not like Trump, the Republicans need all the votes they can get going into 2024.

Republican women don't like Trump? First I've heard of this.

Re: Silver lining - 11/10/22 04:00 AM

Originally Posted by yotetrapper30

Same here
Posted By: Rat Masterson

Re: Silver lining - 11/10/22 04:08 AM

Chicks better man up.
Posted By: yousowise

Re: Silver lining - 11/10/22 04:18 AM

Trump mobilizes the democratic base like no other. Most people now aren’t voting for someone they’re voting against the other guy. And if your guy sucks you might just stay home. Thats how Trump got in, Hilary and Trump were the two most disliked candidates to ever run, but people disliked Hilary more. That’s how Biden got in, democrats weren’t voting for Biden, they were voting against Trump, and they turned out in droves. We need new blood, Trump is toxic.

Re: Silver lining - 11/10/22 04:38 AM

AG - not official yet - but the count has been going the wrong way -- good thing they only have another week or so to make up the required ballots. I bet that Betsy would be willing to give her a ride in her chopper laugh. I still can't believe the 114 thing- guess I'd better take out a loan to buy all that I can before I have to payxxx$ in permits and xxx$ for classes. Are you ready for our socialized medicine???? sick

Re: Silver lining - 11/10/22 04:54 AM

I'm a big fan of North Dakota but I'd have no problem living in South Dakota either....... that's about all the suggestions I have.....good luck with the wife.[/quote]
I have a serious question for you smirk Does the wind ever stop in n or s dakota? grin I have been spoiled by our west oregon coastal weather (yea it rains) but temps are moderate and HIGH winds for us are like 45 mph. Talked to a few people from S dakota, montana, wyoming -- all great people-- just not sure if i can handle the winters -- guess I need to go for some extended visits. BTW - went to nebraska for a week for 3 years and on the 4th year I discovered that the ground wasn't always white grin
Posted By: waggler

Re: Silver lining - 11/10/22 05:22 AM

They either love him or hate him. There is a significant percentage that hate him; especially those moderates in the middle. The republican party needs these voters plain and simple.
Posted By: Dragger

Re: Silver lining - 11/10/22 06:28 AM

Maybe when they are sitting in a cold house this winter they'll warm up to him? lol
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Silver lining - 11/10/22 06:59 AM

Yes
Posted By: yotetrapper30

Re: Silver lining - 11/10/22 10:21 AM

They either love him or hate him. There is a significant percentage that hate him; especially those moderates in the middle. The republican party needs these voters plain and simple.

Suppose that's true of what you call moderates and most conservatives would call Rinos. Not many people like that in the deep south so I guess that's why I've just not seen it. Southern women love Trump.

What I do find interesting is Trump also motivated people who had never paid any attention to politics to vote for the first time. My family has never been political, never even voted, except for my Dad who voted Democrat because the Union said to. But in 2016, my aunt and 2 cousins (all female), my Mom and stepdad and my Dad all voted for Trump. Of them, it was the first time ANY of them had voted in their lives except for my Dad. And they all lived in liberal NY.
Posted By: HobbieTrapper

Re: Silver lining - 11/10/22 10:38 AM

There is no middle.

Re: Silver lining - 11/10/22 10:44 AM

Suppose that's true of what you call moderates and most conservatives would call Rinos. Not many people like that in the deep south so I guess that's why I've just not seen it. Southern women love Trump.

What I do find interesting is Trump also motivated people who had never paid any attention to politics to vote for the first time. My family has never been political, never even voted, except for my Dad who voted Democrat because the Union said to. But in 2016, my aunt and 2 cousins (all female), my Mom and stepdad and my Dad all voted for Trump. Of them, it was the first time ANY of them had voted in their lives except for my Dad. And they all lived in liberal NY.

Those motivated, first timers ain’t as motivated for those moderate fence riders. They’re screwed if they are hoping they will help bail them out of the hole we are sliding down. lol
Posted By: Mike Crawford

Re: Silver lining - 11/10/22 10:51 AM

I've been applying for jobs in Idaho. I, too, am done with the crap.
Posted By: T-REV

Re: Silver lining - 11/10/22 11:05 AM

No matter all the good that Trump did for us the dems and the media will continue their constant attacks against him. Jeez the news feed on my phone is still filled with constant Trump bashing propaganda to this day. When Trump was elected in was the first time I felt some hope for our country in a long time. I would love nothing more than to have him back in power. However I am realistic enough to know that perhaps DeSantis would be the better option for now. Maybe then would the dems finally give the man a break and come up with some new Republican bashing material. Whatever happens I will not be able to breathe a sigh of relief until we have a Republican back in the White House. The fact that so many people can’t see the dems have this country in the toilet is beyond me. I wish all you good conservative guys would move from your liberal states down here to GA. Help wash out some of this liberal California trash that is moving in here.

Re: Silver lining - 11/10/22 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by T-REV
No matter all the good that Trump did for us the dems and the media will continue their constant attacks against him. Jeez the news feed on my phone is still filled with constant Trump bashing propaganda to this day. When Trump was elected in was the first time I felt some hope for our country in a long time. I would love nothing more than to have him back in power. However I am realistic enough to know that perhaps DeSantis would be the better option for now. Maybe then would the dems finally give the man a break and come up with some new Republican bashing material. Whatever happens I will not be able to breathe a sigh of relief until we have a Republican back in the White House. The fact that so many people can’t see the dems have this country in the toilet is beyond me. I wish all you good conservative guys would move from your liberal states down here to GA. Help wash out some of this liberal California trash that is moving in here.

That’s one thing I can give to Maryland, our politicians make it very unattractive to move here. lol
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Silver lining - 11/10/22 11:24 AM

I was thinking Ron and Don Jr. would be a good ticket. VP not near as controversial and would give Don Jr. a good tutorial on governing. Would also give President Trump something to brag on. I'll vote for DeSantis or Trump, or someone cut from the same cloth who is willing to fight, but if the republicans nominate a rino, I'll vote for Biden.

Re: Silver lining - 11/10/22 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by J Staton
I was thinking Ron and Don Jr. would be a good ticket. VP not near as controversial and would give Don Jr. a good tutorial on governing. Would also give President Trump something to brag on. I'll vote for DeSantis or Trump, or someone cut from the same cloth who is willing to fight, but if the republicans nominate a rino, I'll vote for Biden.

Daggone J, even with my disdain for the likes it doesn’t allow me to go that far. lol

Re: Silver lining - 11/10/22 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by HobbieTrapper

Daggone J, even with my disdain for the likes it doesn’t allow me to go that far. lol

I guess seeing Rome burn makes me a bit zealous whether it be as a fire fighter or an arsonist. lol

Re: Silver lining - 11/10/22 12:38 PM

lol
Posted By: cfowler

Re: Silver lining - 11/10/22 01:34 PM

I guess seeing Rome burn makes me a bit zealous whether it be as a fire fighter or an arsonist. lol

laugh
Posted By: Blaine County

Re: Silver lining - 11/10/22 02:09 PM

The silver lining is there is now a chance that a lot of Republicans will finally wake up. You can't win races on stolen election nonsense, crazy internet conspiracies and with crap candidates.

To increase the odds of winning you have to win the Republicans, a good chunk of the Independents and hopefully some Democrats. TMan is not a good cross section of the American voters.

As for 2024, DeSantis should have a good shot. He proved that on Tuesday--while others went down elsewhere.

It's about winning, people. Winning.
Posted By: Oh Snap

Re: Silver lining - 11/10/22 02:53 PM

Our country needs red governors to make changes to our country. Get rid of the voting machines and back to paper ballots and 1 day voting.

It’s the federal government that is the enemy of the people.
Posted By: BandB

Re: Silver lining - 11/10/22 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by Blaine County
The silver lining is there is now a chance that a lot of Republicans will finally wake up. You can't win races on stolen election nonsense, crazy internet conspiracies and with crap candidates.

To increase the odds of winning you have to win the Republicans, a good chunk of the Independents and hopefully some Democrats. TMan is not a good cross section of the American voters.

As for 2024, DeSantis should have a good shot. He proved that on Tuesday--while others went down elsewhere.

So, to win, we have to elect Rs that are really fence riding Ds. Gotcha.
Posted By: mnsota

Re: Silver lining - 11/10/22 03:08 PM

The women that won't vote for Trump are either cloaked in woke or bare breasted feminist fanatics,neither group of such will ever vote for any republican.
We'll find out Tuesday what Trump intends. His previous policies were best for America, would like to see that return.
Posted By: warrior

Re: Silver lining - 11/10/22 04:55 PM

Do you get a reach around for saying nonsense like that?

Re: Silver lining - 11/10/22 05:05 PM

I hear pence may throw his hat in the mix . He'll get Rino Trump hater votes , right up your alley
Posted By: nate

Re: Silver lining - 11/10/22 05:19 PM

Ignorant to let the opposing party choose who's running. What do you do when they come for Ron,bend over again.
Posted By: Rat Masterson

Re: Silver lining - 11/10/22 05:24 PM

You can win with crap candidates, look at all the Dems that won.
Posted By: Scuba1

Re: Silver lining - 11/10/22 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by Rat Masterson
You can win with crap candidates, look at all the Dems that won.

Thats a catch 22 situation right there. You cant vote for a brain dead republican as the brain dead are democrat by default. This election has proven once again that republicans have an uncanny ability to snach defeat from the clutches of victory. Whatever made them think that Oz had the glimmer of a chance in PA. When given the choice between a muslim and a brain dud, they picked the dud. I could go on but that would be preaching to the quire i guess

Re: Silver lining - 11/10/22 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by warrior

Do you get a reach around for saying nonsense like that?

Use your learned political intellect to explain how the "Rino" Kemp got 53.4% of the vote and won the Governor race and the MAGA idiot Walker got 48.5% of the vote in the Senate race. All in Georgia.

Or just Google something good and try to show how I am wrong.

Re: Silver lining - 11/10/22 07:40 PM

Idiots who vote losertarian took 2.1 % of the votes from WALKER denying him the win

He will win on DEC 6th

Re: Silver lining - 11/10/22 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by AntiGov
Idiots who vote losertarian took 2.1 % of the votes from WALKER denying him the win

He will win on DEC 6th

shocked
Posted By: hippie

Re: Silver lining - 11/10/22 07:46 PM

Good grief, never ceases to amaze me

Re: Silver lining - 11/10/22 07:50 PM

He will win on DEC 6th

Your math skills are not very good. 2.1% plus 48.5% does not equal 53.4%. And, why would the libertarians vote for him on December 6?

Re: Silver lining - 11/10/22 07:53 PM

He will win on DEC 6th

Your math skills are not very good. 2.1% plus 48.5% does not equal 53.4%.

I thought you said it was all about winning ?

It takes 50% to win

Re: Silver lining - 11/10/22 07:54 PM

ROTFLMAO!

Re: Silver lining - 11/10/22 07:56 PM

I thought you said it was all about winning ?

It takes 50% to win

Why would the libertarians now vote for Walker?

It is about winning. Run somebody who can win. The "Rino" Governor far outperformed the Maga Senate Candidate. The vote percentages of both Republicans should have been much, much closer. That was the point. One was a strong candidate and a winner. One was an super weak candidate and was not a winner.

Re: Silver lining - 11/10/22 08:35 PM

So if a Republican does the bidding of the left 50% of the time (rino) that makes him a good candidate?
Posted By: Sshaffer

Re: Silver lining - 11/10/22 08:41 PM

I heard a news article on why Kemp had more votes than Walker.
It wasn’t that Warnock picked up the vote from Kemp voters.
It was that many Kemp voters left the Senate race blank as they didn’t like either candidate.

Re: Silver lining - 11/10/22 08:49 PM

So if a Republican does the bidding of the left 50% of the time (rino) that makes him a good candidate?

Is that a Rino?

Re: Silver lining - 11/10/22 09:24 PM

Is that a Rino?

Yes
Posted By: charles

Re: Silver lining - 11/10/22 09:34 PM

Stock Markey Dow Index up 3.4% today, or plus 1200. Somebody is positive on future earnings.

Re: Silver lining - 11/10/22 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by charles
Stock Markey Dow Index up 3.4% today, or plus 1200. Somebody is positive on future earnings.

Glad the elections worked out for you -- my state is making me a felon and giving us socialized medicine -- top that. It ain't about the money.
Posted By: rex123

Re: Silver lining - 11/10/22 09:59 PM

In this country it is always about the money.

Re: Silver lining - 11/10/22 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by charles

Better news on inflation and the markets like gridlock.
Posted By: T-REV

Re: Silver lining - 11/10/22 11:31 PM

We voted for RINO Kemp because he was a million times better than the alternative liberal trash Stacey Abrams. I voted for Walker as well and will again for the runoff.
Posted By: stinkypete

Re: Silver lining - 11/11/22 12:56 AM

X2 Blaine County on the market. Also tech doing massive layoffs helping there returns. Not about red or blue. All about profit.
Posted By: bass10

Re: Silver lining - 11/11/22 01:47 AM

Well I picked up a pound of Turkey, 8 slices of Swiss and a medium jar of miracle whip for deer camp, $29!
Now I don’t know much about grocery prices but know enough that this is crazy. People must love what’s
Going on? As my buddy Larry the cable guy says “ you can’t fix stupid”!

Re: Silver lining - 11/11/22 02:09 AM

Originally Posted by bass10
Well I picked up a pound of Turkey, 8 slices of Swiss and a medium jar of miracle whip for deer camp, $29!
Now I don’t know much about grocery prices but know enough that this is crazy. People must love what’s
Going on? As my buddy Larry the cable guy says “ you can’t fix stupid”!

amen
Posted By: stinkypete

Re: Silver lining - 11/11/22 11:42 AM

No you can’t laugh. Yes half the country is enjoying high inflation. Low return on there investments. It is absolutely insane.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums