Home

PC experts. Help

Posted By: Bob Jameson

PC experts. Help - 11/10/22 01:23 PM

Just developed a problem with our office computer over night yesterday. Tried to sign on as usual in the morning and a Blue screen error code appeared. I come to find with some research this is known as (BSOD) termed the "Blue Screen of Death". Doesn't sound good.

It apparently won't open our Windows operating system. We can't do anything at the moment with the PC> Is this something that we can fix here? I had it to a local shop and they said they can't fix it. Saying I need to find a high dollar recovery company to get all of our data files recovered.
Posted By: SNIPERBBB

Re: PC experts. Help - 11/10/22 01:28 PM

There should be an error message on the screen. You can take a picture of it and lookup the error and post it here. Most times you can turn the PC off and turn it back on and it clears. Unless the hard drive had crashed, you can plug it into another PC and get files off it.
Posted By: Jacob Legg

Re: PC experts. Help - 11/10/22 01:28 PM

Only thing I can think of is having your hard drive recovered and finding a new computer. Had to do that to a computer a couple weeks ago here at work. You should be able to take it somewhere and have them remove the harddrive and try to recover all the files from it but I am not sure it’s worth a shot.
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: PC experts. Help - 11/10/22 01:36 PM

if you have another computer you may be able to make a bootable USB thumb drive if not you probably need to take it to a tech.

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/w...nstall/create-a-bootable-usb-flash-drive
© 2024 Trapperman Forums