Home

Hairless Chihuahua experience?

Posted By: cathryn

Hairless Chihuahua experience? - 11/11/22 06:07 PM

Do any of yall have one?

Are there any special things I need to know other than keep him warm?
Posted By: Paul Dobbins

Re: Hairless Chihuahua experience? - 11/11/22 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by cathryn
Do any of yall have one?

Speaking of dogs, I have a dozen of them boxed up. I'm just waiting on a shipping address. I sent you a PM days ago.
Posted By: warrior

Re: Hairless Chihuahua experience? - 11/11/22 06:57 PM

Didn't know there was a hairless version of a chihuahua. I know there is a hairless rat terrier.

Re: Hairless Chihuahua experience? - 11/11/22 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by Paul Dobbins
Do any of yall have one?

Speaking of dogs, I have a dozen of them boxed up. I'm just waiting on a shipping address. I sent you a PM days ago.

Oops.ikl send it
Posted By: G Hose

Re: Hairless Chihuahua experience? - 11/12/22 12:52 AM

When the yapping hateful things couldn’t get any uglier and dumber and Worthless they came out with a hairless breed I guess?
Posted By: Tactical.20

Re: Hairless Chihuahua experience? - 11/12/22 02:12 AM

They don't last long in the snow 🤣
Posted By: Ohio Wolverine

Re: Hairless Chihuahua experience? - 11/12/22 02:23 AM

Just a sign of the brainlessness of today!
What's the reason or purpose?
Posted By: KeithC

Re: Hairless Chihuahua experience? - 11/12/22 02:33 AM

Originally Posted by Ohio Wolverine

The Xolo or Mexican Hairless Dog was actually bred to sleep with people to keep them warm in the rare cold spells in Mexico and to act like hot water bottles or heating pads to treat aches and pains. The dog's 106F body temperature feels good against sore body parts, like backs. The heat transfers better without fur. It's easier to clean bare skin. It's also to keep the hairless dogs free of parasites, like fleas.

Keith
Posted By: Giant Sage

Re: Hairless Chihuahua experience? - 11/12/22 03:04 AM

Originally Posted by KeithC

The Xolo or Mexican Hairless Dog was actually bred to sleep with people to keep them warm in the rare cold spells in Mexico and to act like hot water bottles or heating pads to treat aches and pains. The dog's 106F body temperature feels good against sore body parts, like backs. The heat transfers better without fur. It's easier to clean bare skin. It's also to keep the hairless dogs free of parasites, like fleas.

Keith

Interesting
Posted By: Ohio Wolverine

Re: Hairless Chihuahua experience? - 11/12/22 03:15 AM

Keith

Keith

So you're telling me a hiarless dog has more body heat than a dog with hair?
Something just doesn't add up here!
Posted By: KeithC

Re: Hairless Chihuahua experience? - 11/12/22 04:03 AM

Not at all, just that the heat transfers easier from bare dog skin to bare human skin. Fur is insulative and does not transfer heat well.

Keith

Re: Hairless Chihuahua experience? - 11/12/22 04:09 AM

Not at all, just that the heat transfers easier from bare dog skin to bare human skin. Fur is insulative and does not transfer heat well.

Keith

Yup, that's why one field expedient treatment for hypothermia is stripping down the victim and one or two volunteers naked and stuffing them into a fart sack. Skin to skin heat transfer.
Posted By: Savell

Re: Hairless Chihuahua experience? - 11/12/22 04:34 AM

... sounds like the first night at a catholic church camp or something
Posted By: yotetrapper30

Re: Hairless Chihuahua experience? - 11/12/22 05:02 AM

Keith

But the normal body temp of a dog is 101.5

Re: Hairless Chihuahua experience? - 11/12/22 05:16 AM

Originally Posted by Savell
... sounds like the first night at a catholic church camp or something

It don't get cold enough in the pineywoods for you to get that kind of lucky, lol.
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: Hairless Chihuahua experience? - 11/12/22 05:39 AM

I don't have a hairless , but I have a chihuahua

for 3-4 bites of food from your plate a day , you have a Mayan security dog. ready to bark at anything that darkens your door step.

I would guess that they were handy for alerting there was a snake near by so you could deal with it.

Re: Hairless Chihuahua experience? - 11/12/22 10:52 AM

Keith

Alsi..My granddaughter has am allergy to pet dander. Yhe hairless bred would allow her to have a pet

Re: Hairless Chihuahua experience? - 11/12/22 11:11 AM

quote=Ohio Wolverine]

So you're telling me a hiparless dog has more body heat than a dog with hair?
Something just doesn't add up here![/quote]

He's saying the heat transfers better from the hairless Chihuahua than a dog with hair..just like a mans bald head loses heat faster than one with hair.

The hair of a haired dog acts as insulation to slow heat dispersal on a haired dog. That insulation is missing on the hairless breed which allows for more heat being shed dispersed.

Thats why a bald man wear's a hat and a bald dog wears a sweater.

It adds up nicely.
Posted By: nightlife

Re: Hairless Chihuahua experience? - 11/12/22 02:51 PM

Do any of yall have one?

I had a friend when I was younger who’s sister had one and it was always cold except for hot summer days, but the little bugger was fearless and would charge the devil himself if he threatened her, personally I feel they are more delicate and require more careful handling then larger dogs

If you haven’t hear of them you might look into the American hairless terrier their not as delicate as the Mexican hairless and are loyal and protective of their people, I have a friend that has one for the same reason he loves dogs but is highly allergic to dander, it’s his constant companion and the only downside I can see is it’s not A hunting dog
Outside of that it ticks all the boxes of what a good dog should be

Essentially it’s a mutation of the rat terrier where a puppy was born hairless and used to develop a hairless strand of the breed, they are pretty much carefree except for an occasional bath and ear cleaning and maybe a sweeter when it get real cold but that’s more for long trips outside in the cold, my friends actually prefers not to wear one even in really cold Minnesota weather, my friend thought forces him to wear one on real cold days or if their going on long walks

I don’t know about costs but they should be comparable to a Mexican hairless
Posted By: hippie

Re: Hairless Chihuahua experience? - 11/12/22 06:50 PM

I have a small dog right now, first one....10lbs.

It's very cold blooded so I'm guessing a small dog without hair would be as bad or worse. I wouldn't have one for that reason alone where I live.

Re: Hairless Chihuahua experience? - 11/12/22 10:04 PM

I have a small Chihuahu mix now that weighs 5 pounds..with hair.

Torrow i am getting a hairless Chihuahua for free that a lady had in the traders guide.

Shes taken a job thats 12 hrs a day and the sogs home alone so she wanted a new ho.w for him..

This is the dog.

His.name is Benji..

She said he weighs 5 pounds

[Linked Image]

Im.lookong forward to picking him up. I'm meeting them at noon tomorrow.
Posted By: nightlife

Re: Hairless Chihuahua experience? - 11/12/22 11:14 PM

I have a small Chihuahu mix now that weighs 5 pounds..with hair.

Torrow i am getting a hairless Chihuahua for free that a lady had in the traders guide.

Shes taken a job thats 12 hrs a day and the sogs home alone so she wanted a new ho.w for him..

This is the dog.

His.name is Benji..

She said he weighs 5 pounds

[Linked Image]

Im.lookong forward to picking him up. I'm meeting them at noon tomorrow.

Hope things go well for you
© 2024 Trapperman Forums