Home

Deer Hunting

Posted By: Pofarmer10

Deer Hunting - 11/12/22 12:29 AM

Any of you guys going hunting tomorrow?
Posted By: TurkeyWrangler

Re: Deer Hunting - 11/12/22 12:37 AM

I'll go but I doubt I see anything. I'm mainly going to chase trespassers away.
Posted By: arcticotter

Re: Deer Hunting - 11/12/22 12:41 AM

Yep West River opens in the morning. Filled my Black Hills tag last Wednesday
Posted By: Pofarmer10

Re: Deer Hunting - 11/12/22 12:45 AM

MO season starts tomorrow. I already shot my buck. Going for does now.
Posted By: T-REV

Re: Deer Hunting - 11/12/22 02:22 AM

[Linked Image]
I am. Hoping this cold front we have coming in starts up the rut. I shot this 10pt on my ol man’s property on the second day of season. Nothing to write home about but he had the darkest chocolate brown antlers Ive ever shot on a buck. Can’t tell by the flash on the picture.
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: Deer Hunting - 11/12/22 02:24 AM

Gonna go out and find a tree for a SW wind, put a e-caller out about 75yds or so and climb up in my climber. Hopefully something 4-legged walks out besides a deer.

Re: Deer Hunting - 11/12/22 02:30 AM

Wanna Be I used to think my buck was a decent one until I seen your monster now Im ashamed of mine! cry
Posted By: TurkeyTime

Re: Deer Hunting - 11/12/22 02:41 AM

I will be out with my oldest son in the morning. He hasn't been in a few years and wanted to go in our box blind that I built for us to hunt when he was 5 years old 16 years ago. 20 degrees, 12 mph wind out of the north and a nice warm propane heater inside. Good adventures to all.
Posted By: charles

Re: Deer Hunting - 11/12/22 03:12 AM

Well I had an easy standing shot at 100 yards. Helps to load the rifle though.
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: Deer Hunting - 11/12/22 03:21 AM

our season isn't till next week Saturday 7 more days to wait

Re: Deer Hunting - 11/12/22 03:28 AM

Our firearms season here in MO starts tomorrow.
Posted By: RM trapper

Re: Deer Hunting - 11/12/22 03:33 AM

Filled my Ohio tag two weeks ago, now taking the kids out tomorrow here in Tennessee. With them it better not have a legal antler.
[Linked Image]

Re: Deer Hunting - 11/12/22 03:36 AM

Nice buck and good old Roman nose.
Posted By: ~ADC~

Re: Deer Hunting - 11/12/22 04:06 AM

No real deer hunting here until the first weekend in December. No guns during the rut in Iowa.
Posted By: Yukon John

Re: Deer Hunting - 11/12/22 04:15 AM

Originally Posted by Pofarmer10
Any of you guys going hunting tomorrow?

You must mean rifle season...our state don't allow that until the rut is long gone! Good luck.
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: Deer Hunting - 11/12/22 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by T-REV
Wanna Be I used to think my buck was a decent one until I seen your monster now Im ashamed of mine! cry

I wasn’t trying to brag, it’s just the hunt process of watching and pursuing that one deer over the last three years is what made it so special to me. That’s my “once in a lifetime” buck I’m sure. Every once in a while you come across one with potential and it’s just a pray he makes it kind of deal. This one just happened to stick around.
We had a really nice deer about 5yrs ago that we even made a pact with the hunters next to us to let go. After 2 seasons near 150” he disappeared. They swore they didn’t shoot and we knew we didn’t. That deer was killed 3 years later 4 miles due South as the crow flies at over 200”. We did some investigating and found the property that deer went to and was watched by that landowner and then when it left his property chasing a doe during the rut it was killed. That guy had a sanctuary set up that he didn’t hunt or set foot in on his property (a safe place for deer, lol) and that’s where he’d taken up residence.
The actual guy that shot the deer was across the road and had been getting that deers pics only at night. The rut killed that deer. He chased a doe that went across the highway onto this guys property during daylight and he shot it.
We shared early pics with the lucky hunter and the landowner where the buck actually lived gave the guy a shed from the previous year. It appears 6.5 is our magical age.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Deer Hunting - 11/12/22 01:24 PM

I'll be out with my Dad. (83 again
Posted By: Posco

Re: Deer Hunting - 11/12/22 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by 330-Trapper
I'll be out with my Dad. (83 again

Did you get your calls, Scott? I'm off next week. The locals have mowing them. Can't wait.

Re: Deer Hunting - 11/12/22 01:27 PM

[Linked Image]

Re: Deer Hunting - 11/12/22 01:32 PM

[Linked Image]

Re: Deer Hunting - 11/12/22 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by Wanna Be
Originally Posted by T-REV

I wasn’t trying to brag, it’s just the hunt process of watching and pursuing that one deer over the last three years is what made it so special to me. That’s my “once in a lifetime” buck I’m sure. Every once in a while you come across one with potential and it’s just a pray he makes it kind of deal. This one just happened to stick around.
We had a really nice deer about 5yrs ago that we even made a pact with the hunters next to us to let go. After 2 seasons near 150” he disappeared. They swore they didn’t shoot and we knew we didn’t. That deer was killed 3 years later 4 miles due South as the crow flies at over 200”. We did some investigating and found the property that deer went to and was watched by that landowner and then when it left his property chasing a doe during the rut it was killed. That guy had a sanctuary set up that he didn’t hunt or set foot in on his property (a safe place for deer, lol) and that’s where he’d taken up residence.
The actual guy that shot the deer was across the road and had been getting that deers pics only at night. The rut killed that deer. He chased a doe that went across the highway onto this guys property during daylight and he shot it.
We shared early pics with the lucky hunter and the landowner where the buck actually lived gave the guy a shed from the previous year. It appears 6.5 is our magical age.

No sir don’t get it twisted that is a beautiful buck you killed and I don’t see that as bragging at all. You put in the hard work all those years and it finally paid off for you. I was kidding about being ashamed of mine. Its the same feeling I get when I go to the taxidermist to pick up a recent mounted buck and there will be a much bigger buck beside mine ready for pick up as well! Ha! Its how it goes. Beautiful buck and story to go along with him you have there sir!
Posted By: Savell

Re: Deer Hunting - 11/12/22 01:53 PM

.... let’s hear the story on that Posco
© 2024 Trapperman Forums