Home

Alec Baldwin files lawsuit in deadly 'Rust' shooti

Posted By: jk

Alec Baldwin files lawsuit in deadly 'Rust' shooti - 11/12/22 11:53 PM

Actor Alec Baldwin filed a lawsuit on Friday against the armorer and three other crew members over the deadly shooting on the set of the Western movie "Rust," in which a gun that Baldwin was using during rehearsal killed cinematographer Halyna Hutchins. My opinion, he knew that he had a real gun in his hands and did not check it himself. Movies or not, the others are accessories but he is guilty!!!!!.........jk
Posted By: Griffin21

Re: Alec Baldwin files lawsuit in deadly 'Rust' shooti - 11/12/22 11:57 PM

Agree, if it had been a normal person like you or I we would have been in prison already.
Posted By: Yukon John

Re: Alec Baldwin files lawsuit in deadly 'Rust' shooti - 11/13/22 12:04 AM

He will win.
Posted By: jk

Re: Alec Baldwin files lawsuit in deadly 'Rust' shooti - 11/13/22 12:14 AM

I am afraid that you are right, now you can buy your innocence . It is how much justice you can afford......jk
Posted By: Marty

Re: Alec Baldwin files lawsuit in deadly 'Rust' shooti - 11/13/22 12:54 AM

sick

this liberal poster boy should be in prison by now.....shows just how far gone this country is.
Posted By: Donnersurvivor

Re: Alec Baldwin files lawsuit in deadly 'Rust' shooti - 11/13/22 02:41 AM

He's an actor who is routinely handed guns to be used, a firearm "expert" handed him a gun saying it was unloaded, someone's whole job was to make sure actors were not handed loaded guns and they failed at that simple task.

I don't like Baldwin but I don't blame him for the death.
Posted By: walleye101

Re: Alec Baldwin files lawsuit in deadly 'Rust' shooti - 11/13/22 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by jk
Actor Alec Baldwin filed a lawsuit on Friday against the armorer and three other crew members over the deadly shooting on the set of the Western movie "Rust," in which a gun that Baldwin was using during rehearsal killed cinematographer Halyna Hutchins. My opinion, he knew that he had a real gun in his hands and did not check it himself. Movies or not, the others are accessories but he is guilty!!!!!.........jk

Interesting that you say the gun killed Hutchins, which would make Baldwin innocent. Technically the bullet killed Hutchins, but who is really at fault for the death?
Posted By: walleye101

Re: Alec Baldwin files lawsuit in deadly 'Rust' shooti - 11/13/22 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by Donnersurvivor
He's an actor who is routinely handed guns to be used, a firearm "expert" handed him a gun saying it was unloaded, someone's whole job was to make sure actors were not handed loaded guns and they failed at that simple task.

I would agree, if Baldwin was following the movie script, doing his job.

Not if he was fooling around, going off script, pointing and shooting at individuals not part of the movie. This would make a whole lot more sense if another actor had been shot.
Posted By: Blaine County

Re: Alec Baldwin files lawsuit in deadly 'Rust' shooti - 11/13/22 12:49 PM

My understanding is that Baldwin is already being sued. This was a claim against another defendant.

It's litigation strategy.
Posted By: Scuba1

Re: Alec Baldwin files lawsuit in deadly 'Rust' shooti - 11/13/22 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by Griffin21
Agree, if it had been a normal person like you or I we would have been in prison already.

Nailed it
Posted By: Getting There

Re: Alec Baldwin files lawsuit in deadly 'Rust' shooti - 11/13/22 02:09 PM

He should be in jail awaiting trial. JMO
Posted By: Donnersurvivor

Re: Alec Baldwin files lawsuit in deadly 'Rust' shooti - 11/13/22 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by walleye101

I would agree, if Baldwin was following the movie script, doing his job.

Not if he was fooling around, going off script, pointing and shooting at individuals not part of the movie. This would make a whole lot more sense if another actor had been shot.

I'm not well researched on this but I read that he was supposed to shoot into the camera for a shot, he was handed a "dead gun" which he was clearly told was a "dead gun" then he pointed it into the camera and pulled the trigger.
Posted By: warrior

Re: Alec Baldwin files lawsuit in deadly 'Rust' shooti - 11/13/22 02:13 PM

Shouldn't he be suing himself? He was the producer on that, wasn't he?
Posted By: beartooth trapr

Re: Alec Baldwin files lawsuit in deadly 'Rust' shooti - 11/13/22 02:34 PM

$$$$$ wins, Alec will win.

I'm thinking some one should go on Saturday Night Live.
And make a retake / Cut , that's a wrap.

Huh laugh
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: Alec Baldwin files lawsuit in deadly 'Rust' shooti - 11/13/22 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by warrior
Shouldn't he be suing himself? He was the producer on that, wasn't he?

He certainly can't take any responsibility for what happened. Liberals don't do that. Ever.
Posted By: warrior

Re: Alec Baldwin files lawsuit in deadly 'Rust' shooti - 11/13/22 02:50 PM

I wonder if his theory of the case is, "I'm an idiot and the armorer should have known that".
Posted By: HayDay

Re: Alec Baldwin files lawsuit in deadly 'Rust' shooti - 11/13/22 02:56 PM

I have a pretty good idea of what a live 45 cal bullet looks like. I have no idea what a stage prop blank looks like, but can't imagine they look similar enough to mistake one for the other. Also can't see any reason why live ammo that would shoot would be anywhere near a movie set, or that a "gun" used on a movie set is a real gun capable of firing live ammo if it was.

Why would the not be using replicas with special chambers not similar enough to any live ammo that you could even chamber one?

If there is any legal fault, it would be with the movie industry that allows such a thing to happen.
Posted By: Dragger

Re: Alec Baldwin files lawsuit in deadly 'Rust' shooti - 11/13/22 03:12 PM

When people are for gun control it tells me a lot of who they are. For the most part they don't trust themselves, be it emotionally, their lack of common sense or ability to act responsible and be diligent with dangerous tools.

This is projected on to others as if they can't, you can't. But Baldwin is a different gun hater. He believe only special people like himself should be able to play with them due to his superior being and rules are for common people. (Narcissism)

Blaming others is a way of dissolving your responsibility and reinforces their belief the common man shouldn't own firearms.

He violated the rules of safe firearm handling and is 100% responsible for his actions. When everybody involved follows proper handling accidents never happen due to repetitive safety systems but doesn't resolve you of your duty. Others should pay also because they are 100% responsible for their negligence just like Baldwin is
Posted By: T-Rex

Re: Alec Baldwin files lawsuit in deadly 'Rust' shooti - 11/13/22 03:21 PM

Common sense gun safety does not extend to Hollywood.

They have people for that.

Baldwin should win.
Posted By: upstateNY

Re: Alec Baldwin files lawsuit in deadly 'Rust' shooti - 11/13/22 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by jk
I am afraid that you are right, now you can buy your innocence . It is how much justice you can afford......jk

My Dad always said "Justice is for those that can afford it"
Posted By: adam m

Re: Alec Baldwin files lawsuit in deadly 'Rust' shooti - 11/13/22 03:34 PM

What's interesting is they yelled the range is cold before handing him a gun. My personal experience, everytime I've ever heard or said that no guns are being handled at all. They are either holstered or on a table.

Typical nm, the state attorney says they can't afford expert witnesses or can't compete against high priced Hollywood lawyers that's why no charges filed yet. It's a cop out excuse because the state is scared it will lose millions from Hollywood production here
Posted By: Kart29

Re: Alec Baldwin files lawsuit in deadly 'Rust' shooti - 11/14/22 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by HayDay
I have a pretty good idea of what a live 45 cal bullet looks like. I have no idea what a stage prop blank looks like, but can't imagine they look similar enough to mistake one for the other. Also can't see any reason why live ammo that would shoot would be anywhere near a movie set, or that a "gun" used on a movie set is a real gun capable of firing live ammo if it was.

Why would the not be using replicas with special chambers not similar enough to any live ammo that you could even chamber one?

If there is any legal fault, it would be with the movie industry that allows such a thing to happen.

100%
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: Alec Baldwin files lawsuit in deadly 'Rust' shooti - 11/14/22 04:58 PM

I am not saying the armorer isn't at fault also she also should have walked off the set , however as I understand it the production company that Alex is part owner of promoted her to head armorer from being an assistant. the production company bears a significant portion of the responsibility for first having several safety violations that were not being addressed and thus the head armorer quit and walked off the set.
then promoting an unqualified assistant who probably needed the job to much and was not experienced enough to know they should have also walked when the head armorer did because there were multiple issues.

the production company didn't act responsibly when issues were happening and what should have happened was every gun and every round on site should have gone through inspection and inventory after the armorer walked off especially since the original armorer had left over unaddressed safety issues.

also the production company did not use a regular prop gun house to supply the guns they bought guns to use

this is a lot of we have to keep to schedule , we have to keep to budget stuff and it cost a life and a significant life changing injury
Posted By: Ohio Wolverine

Re: Alec Baldwin files lawsuit in deadly 'Rust' shooti - 11/14/22 05:03 PM

It seems to be a chain of events from what has been posted in the news. The last person that had the gun in their possession , had full responsibility of checking the gun to make sure it was safe to handle. Rule one of safe gun handling ! That makes Alec Baldwin guilty of at least manslaughter.

Re: Alec Baldwin files lawsuit in deadly 'Rust' shooti - 11/14/22 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by HayDay

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

as I understand it they purchased live firearms because they could do that for less cost than properly modified blank firing only guns.

they would have paid more to rent the prop guns from a reputable movie prop gun house

they didn't maintain the security of the trailer containing the guns nor the ammunition crew members were going off into the desert shooting live rounds on their time not filming.

they used dummy rounds so that you don't see an empty cylinder when shooting the movie , they look exactly like live ammo but with no primer or a spent primer.

they didn't follow the rules they would have had in Cali

they cut corners , played it fast and loose , didn't maintain security , didn't resolve issues as they came up

They is the production company partially owned by Baldwin what we haven't heard and he no one seems to be saying , who made the decisions to do these things and who promoted the assistant to the armorer to head armorer.

it would seem that even if actor Baldwin isn't found negligent , producer Baldwin set the stage for actor Baldwins with gross negligence.

the question seems to be what hat should he be wearing when sentenced.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Alec Baldwin files lawsuit in deadly 'Rust' shooti - 11/14/22 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by Griffin21

Correct
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: Alec Baldwin files lawsuit in deadly 'Rust' shooti - 11/14/22 08:32 PM

It was a real gun.

Firearms Safety 101: Never point a firearm at something you don't intend to shoot. Assume all guns are loaded.

Re: Alec Baldwin files lawsuit in deadly 'Rust' shooti - 11/14/22 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by Trapper7
It was a real gun.

Firearms Safety 101: Never point a firearm at something you don't intend to shoot. Assume all guns are loaded.

movie folks like to play by different rules

however it is my understanding that since Brandon Lee died in 1993 the standard is , blank only firing guns and inert guns on a movie set. this costs more.

when you shoot scene that needs muzzle flash it needs to be modified in such a way to only fire blanks and when you want to show loading cartridge they need to be inert and the gun made so it can not fire by removal of the firing pin and welding the firing pin hole shut

as I understand it , Brandon Lee was shot with a gun that had been used with live ammo or dummy that was made by removing the powder but not the primer and the squib fired and went into the barrel then a blank was loaded and when the blank fired it propelled the bullet down the barrel at lethal velocities.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums