Home

Filson Outerwear/Traps

Posted By: upstateNY

Filson Outerwear/Traps - 11/13/22 03:14 PM

Saw a Filson commercial on T.V last night.Showing all kinds of outdoor activities wearing Filson gear.Chainsawing,,,splitting wood etc.,,,THEN a guy carrying a fist full of TRAPS. smile That was a pleasant surprise.
Posted By: bhugo

Re: Filson Outerwear - 11/13/22 03:21 PM

Love my Filson wool. Tough as nails. Glad they are not shying away from trapping in their commercials.
Posted By: k snow

Re: Filson Outerwear - 11/13/22 03:23 PM

I've worn a pair of their tin cloth chaps for years when pheasant and rabbit hunting. Very tough stuff. Glad to hear they are on our side.
Posted By: ScottW

Re: Filson Outerwear - 11/13/22 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by k snow
I've worn a pair of their tin cloth chaps for years when pheasant and rabbit hunting. Very tough stuff. Glad to hear they are on our side.

When I was doing a decent amount of late fall/early winter land trapping, mostly cats, I wore my tin cloth chaps daily. Saves on the jeans, nice and light, keep you way dryer, and last darn near forever. Still wear them anytime I’m upland huntin on and busting brush! Happy trapping! ScottW
Posted By: yotetrapper30

Re: Filson Outerwear - 11/13/22 04:18 PM

Thanks for posting. I'd been considering buying some wool and now if I decide to I know who I'll buy it from.

Re: Filson Outerwear - 11/13/22 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by yotetrapper30
Thanks for posting. I'd been considering buying some wool and now if I decide to I know who I'll buy it from.

You very welcome.Thought some folks might like to know.
Posted By: Lugnut

Re: Filson Outerwear - 11/13/22 04:45 PM

I have a pair of Filson tin cloth pants. They are starting to get worn out from busting brush the last seven or eight years.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: Filson Outerwear - 11/13/22 05:06 PM

Aren’t Filson lifetime guaranteed?
Posted By: jk

Re: Filson Outerwear - 11/13/22 05:32 PM

For me everything is life time guaranteed!!!!!!!!
Posted By: Lugnut

Re: Filson Outerwear - 11/13/22 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by Wanna Be
Aren’t Filson lifetime guaranteed?

Not covered under our guarantee

Animal damage, chemical damage, damage caused by mishandling via airline or third-party shipping companies, extreme wear...
Posted By: Moosetrot

Re: Filson Outerwear - 11/13/22 06:04 PM

I saw that commercial too. They make really good stuff!

Moosetrot

Re: Filson Outerwear - 11/13/22 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by Lugnut
I have a pair of Filson tin cloth pants. They are starting to get worn out from busting brush the last seven or eight years.

[Linked Image]

Looks like you got your moneys worth out of those. smile
Posted By: yotetrapper30

Re: Filson Outerwear - 11/13/22 09:18 PM

You know it probably wouldn't hurt for us to email them and let them know we enjoyed/appreciated the commercial.

Re: Filson Outerwear - 11/13/22 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by yotetrapper30
You know it probably wouldn't hurt for us to email them and let them know we enjoyed/appreciated the commercial.

That's a GREAT idea !!!
Posted By: ttzt

Re: Filson Outerwear - 11/13/22 11:51 PM

Hunting, catch and keep fishing, logging, ranching, commercial fishing, and traps. I like it!

Posted By: trapr

Re: Filson Outerwear - 11/14/22 06:47 AM

I am on my second pair of double tin cloth hunting pants, still have first pair, but did the splits on a beaver slide under snow on a steep bank and ripped the crotch really bad. Great for the snow and wet.
Buddy has had a Filson wool vest for at least 30 years, since his collage days in north Idaho. Everyday wear in winter.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums