Home

Sliding door help.

Posted By: Guss

Sliding door help. - 11/14/22 01:08 PM

The sliding door I have is letting cold air in!. Last night I use the heat gun I bought at HF and it gave
me a reading of 55. A buddy of mine came over a few years ago and put a level on the sliding door and found it out of level,I don't think that's the problem I think the end of the slider door the Crack is to big. [Linked Image]
Posted By: charles

Re: Sliding door help. - 11/14/22 01:14 PM

Does it have a gasket material that can be replaced.

Once had an elderly friend who said he wasn’t afraid of death, but he knew when he got to heaven they would put him in charge of flat roofs and glass doors.

Re: Sliding door help. - 11/14/22 01:39 PM

I'm not sure I think there something on the bottom.
Posted By: old243

Re: Sliding door help. - 11/14/22 03:05 PM

is there rollers at the bottom . That can be adjusted . They have an excentric , (off center ) This might correct crack at sides of door. Find where air leaving and correct. I am not a great carpenter, so might be wrong. old243

Re: Sliding door help. - 11/14/22 03:46 PM

There 2 plastic screws at the bottom of the door I try again to turn them.
Posted By: keets

Re: Sliding door help. - 11/14/22 03:50 PM

door is out of adjustment/ weatherstripping is worn out, or both....any hardware store will have weatherstripping to add/replace
Posted By: Gator Foot

Re: Sliding door help. - 11/14/22 03:55 PM

Hay Guss, did you put a level on the door and door jam? I would also check it for square. By pulling a tape from corner to corner. This gives you a idea what’s going on.

Re: Sliding door help. - 11/14/22 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by Gator Foot
Hay Guss, did you put a level on the door and door jam? I would also check it for square. By pulling a tape from corner to corner. This gives you a idea what’s going on.

The door is out of level.
Posted By: Gator Foot

Re: Sliding door help. - 11/14/22 05:31 PM

Before I would start turning the adjustments. Put pencil marks on the door and screw. So you can keep track of your turns. And recheck with the level. I wouldn’t turn to much at a time. And if you need to go back to the old measurements you can. If the door starts to jam and the crack doesn’t close up. Sorry for asking about you checking for level. I didn't pay attention to the first post.

Re: Sliding door help. - 11/14/22 06:05 PM

I turned the screws clock wise and no change so I turned them counter clockwise no change!! . This door is getting on my nerves now,I bought it back in 2014 and I bought it for the name Anderson.
Posted By: keets

Re: Sliding door help. - 11/14/22 06:07 PM

who installed it
Posted By: 20scout

Re: Sliding door help. - 11/14/22 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by Guss
I turned the screws clock wise and no change so I turned them counter clockwise no change!! . This door is getting on my nerves now,I bought it back in 2014 and I bought it for the name Anderson.

Anderson has been riding on it's name for several decades. They used to be top of the line but then the quality dropped dramatically and hasn't changed. You may have to lift the door up before you can adjust the rollers. If you plastic caps are flush with the wood, then they are just cosmetic plugs and you will need to remove them to get access to the adjustment screws. You door may have moved with the cold weather and will do so with the change in seasons. Adjust the door so it is plumb with the door jamb. That should seal things up for you.
Posted By: white17

Re: Sliding door help. - 11/14/22 06:31 PM

The rollers could be worn out. Those doors are pretty heavy.

Forget the level. stick a rafter square in one of the upper corners of the jamb. If you can get the jamb square it will be better than trying to get the door plumb. If you can do both it would be best

Re: Sliding door help. - 11/14/22 06:36 PM

Thanks I bought it at HD they had the installer come and put it in.
Posted By: Drifter

Re: Sliding door help. - 11/14/22 08:50 PM

Guss found this on repair of Anderson sliding doors. door fix
Posted By: MJM

Re: Sliding door help. - 11/14/22 09:06 PM

55 should not be a problem right by the door. I have had snow on the floor that won't melt.
Posted By: trapdye

Re: Sliding door help. - 11/14/22 11:16 PM

Went through this a month ago, Two sets of rollers at bottom of door, one in the back was good, the front one was bad. wife opens & closes that door 50 times a day for the dogs .axle for the roller was wore.
Posted By: Wolf

Re: Sliding door help. - 11/14/22 11:39 PM

The adjustment screws are behind the plastic screws. Pop them out and you should see the adjustment screw.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums