Home

Yellowstone the show ?

Posted By: gregh

Yellowstone the show ? - 11/15/22 12:24 AM

My wife got me watching the show last year and I enjoyed watching until last night. I may have looked at the show wrong but when he was being sworn in as governor, it looked like the national anthem was being sang, but they had no music just silence on the show. Were they scared of offending people by not having sound for the National anthem.
Posted By: white17

Re: Yellowstone the show ? - 11/15/22 12:31 AM

I suspect that most who follow that series would not be offended by the national anthem.

On the other hand, I think the music in general is lousy
Posted By: yotetrapper30

Re: Yellowstone the show ? - 11/15/22 12:43 AM

Originally Posted by gregh
My wife got me watching the show last year and I enjoyed watching until last night. I may have looked at the show wrong but when he was being sworn in as governor, it looked like the national anthem was being sang, but they had no music just silence on the show. Were they scared of offending people by not having sound for the National anthem.

I don't think that's why they did that. John was overwhelmed. He acted almost scared. I think it was from his point of view, and you didn't hear the music because he didn't hear it because the crowd and implications of what he was about to be sworn in to was just hitting him. That was my take anyways. I actually was expecting a sniper in that scene and that's why they had the music weird (and the visuals were weird too if you noticed) but there was no sniper so I think it was just the turmoil in his head.
Posted By: ~ADC~

Re: Yellowstone the show ? - 11/15/22 12:55 AM

Originally Posted by yotetrapper30
Originally Posted by gregh

I don't think that's why they did that. John was overwhelmed. He acted almost scared. I think it was from his point of view, and you didn't hear the music because he didn't hear it because the crowd and implications of what he was about to be sworn in to was just hitting him. That was my take anyways. I actually was expecting a sniper in that scene and that's why they had the music weird (and the visuals were weird too if you noticed) but there was no sniper so I think it was just the turmoil in his head.

X2

I will say though Yellowstone was kind of a let down action wise last night, not enough RIP too much relationship BS. I'm sure it'll pick up and they need to bring back Jimmy. Kinda was hoping Casey's wife died in the accident. lol Too much story line wasted on that annoying woman.

Re: Yellowstone the show ? - 11/15/22 12:56 AM

Hahaha I was hoping the same about Monica, lol.

Re: Yellowstone the show ? - 11/15/22 12:59 AM

X3. Too bad about that bison !
Posted By: Willy Firewood

Re: Yellowstone the show ? - 11/15/22 01:08 AM

Didn’t see the new episode. The National Anthem would not be silenced in that show. They seem to usually promote patriotism and conservatism.

While watching the previous episodes, I quickly learned to fast forward through some of the relationship and emotional bs. I can’t stand the goofy guy they tried to turn into a cowboy, the Indian wife of the troubled son and her unrestrained emotions, and the whining adopted son and his drama.
Posted By: cat daddy

Re: Yellowstone the show ? - 11/15/22 01:30 AM

Tried watching the very first episode. About the 5th word was an f bomb. Have never watched it since
Posted By: Sharon

Re: Yellowstone the show ? - 11/15/22 01:41 AM

Good solid Montanan and constitutional foundation set on the beginning season.

You can't expect everything to be seen in the first show.

John sets the stage for what Montana and American values stand for. Beth was good portrayed as watching that liberal Marxist Jamie like a hawk and filling her father in on everything, in real time moment, what the law is and what he can do with Jamie's attempted influence.

I see Jamie being fired , as Beth advised to begin with. And now John has the power to uphold a lot .

Fun and entertainment . But some issues , real for America and the west especially.

The stage is set for Metallic Cat to nail Yellowstone ranch in legacy history.

Re: Yellowstone the show ? - 11/15/22 01:49 AM

I won't be surprised if Jaimie saves the ranch in the long run.. I sure like Rip & LLoyd
Posted By: Dirty D

Re: Yellowstone the show ? - 11/15/22 01:54 AM

I watched the first couple of episodes, couldn't take it after that.
Scumbags all around, no thanks.

Re: Yellowstone the show ? - 11/15/22 02:01 AM

Well, Jamie knows he is OWNED now, since Beth photographed him with his father at the train station.

You can double Arkansas guarantee he will tread with care, even though he doesn't want to. Raised with the greatest life and opportunity anyone could ever want, with a loving father, among the most beautiful state on earth....and he ends up like Monica...a whining complainer who only wants to sabotage the freedom of everyone, and in his obtuse existence, himself in the long run.

Rip and Lloyd are what true men are ...Lloyd is the real deal, an accomplished cowboy , as well as actor. Just as Taylor , a co-producer and actor, is also.

Love seeing those riders on the best Quarter horses on earth perform in the arena .

Re: Yellowstone the show ? - 11/15/22 02:03 AM

Originally Posted by cat daddy
Tried watching the very first episode. About the 5th word was an f bomb. Have never watched it since

lol
Posted By: beartooth trapr

Re: Yellowstone the show ? - 11/15/22 02:07 AM

Baby John died, and a tatonka. frown

Re: Yellowstone the show ? - 11/15/22 02:09 AM

Originally Posted by ~ADC~

lol

That's the problem, ADC. They just have knee jerk reactions instead of knowing what the overall theme is.

A lot like those who judge trappers....who are not trappers.

It's ok.

I'm in this for what I see and experience WEST of the divide, what happens to ranches with out of state takeovers , the cowboys who really handle problems below the radar, and enjoying the best Quarter horses on earth who are featured , and the riders, who not a few are also producers and actors in the show. A unique mix .

Along with the entertainment factor . All fun and factual in many ways , all at once.
Posted By: Jtrapper

Re: Yellowstone the show ? - 11/15/22 02:12 AM

I watched the first episode then Commy Kostner went on a rant about Trump and that was it, haven't watched another episode of it and won't. But ya'll keep lining his pockets so he can support the communist party that use to be known as the democrat party.

Re: Yellowstone the show ? - 11/15/22 02:33 AM

Originally Posted by Jtrapper
I watched the first episode then Commy Kostner went on a rant about Trump and that was it, haven't watched another episode of it and won't. But ya'll keep lining his pockets so he can support the communist party that use to be known as the democrat party.

lol
Posted By: Badger23

Re: Yellowstone the show ? - 11/15/22 02:41 AM

Originally Posted by Jtrapper

lol

You can lol all you want but Costner is a huge liberal (proud Obama and Biden voter and not ashamed to admit it.) which is disappointing. I know it's a TV show and the scenery is great. I haven't watched much of it at all, probably a half hour total so I have no idea what the story line is.
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: Yellowstone the show ? - 11/15/22 02:46 AM

I just want to make sure I don’t hit this property when I head out next Spring turkey hunting, lol.

Re: Yellowstone the show ? - 11/15/22 02:49 AM

Name a TV show that has no actors or actresses that are democrats? lol
Posted By: BandB

Re: Yellowstone the show ? - 11/15/22 03:19 AM

Originally Posted by Sharon
[quote=cat daddy]Tried watching the very first episode. About the 5th word was an f bomb. Have never watched it since

That's the problem, ADC. They just have knee jerk reactions instead of knowing what the overall theme is.

A lot like those who judge trappers....who are not trappers.

It's ok.

I'm in this for what I see and experience WEST of the divide, what happens to ranches with out of state takeovers , the cowboys who really handle problems below the radar, and enjoying the best Quarter horses on earth who are featured , and the riders, who not a few are also producers and actors in the show. A unique mix .

Along with the entertainment factor . All fun and factual in many ways , all at once.

Actually, some of us just don't like hearing foul language every other breath. If it doesn't bother you, well and good, but it ruins all other aspects of the show for some of us.
Posted By: Savell

Re: Yellowstone the show ? - 11/15/22 03:30 AM

... what in the jumped up help is going on in here?
Posted By: Willy Firewood

Re: Yellowstone the show ? - 11/15/22 06:45 AM

Well, I did watch the two new episodes.

It seemed to have lost its zip from prior seasons.
The dress that Beth wore to the inauguration party was far from sexy, it made her look bad.
Skip ahead protected me from whatever happened to kaycee, his drama queen, and their very annoying son.
The barn boy and his stupidity is tiring.
The wolf collar remedy was good. They should have tied them under two trucks headed east.
The Indian tribe’s nasty woman and her sneering is trite.
The development company old woman troll is intolerable.
They brought in their power woman - more sneering.
Beth told off the guy in the bar - repeated scene.

I am finished with the program - a waste of my time.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Yellowstone the show ? - 11/15/22 10:56 AM

Theologians through the centuries and now even modern science tells us we become what we enjoy.
Watching shows like Yellowstone? SHOOT ME PLEASE!
Trapping areas like Yellowstone? PUT ME IN COACH!

We all get to decide what is GIGO....

[Linked Image]
Posted By: J Staton

Re: Yellowstone the show ? - 11/15/22 11:12 AM

Is this the 'Dallas' of the 21st century?
Posted By: Ol' Smoke

Re: Yellowstone the show ? - 11/15/22 12:11 PM

It's only a movie.......repeat.........It's only a movie.......
Posted By: Macthediver

Re: Yellowstone the show ? - 11/15/22 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by Ol' Smoke
It's only a movie.......repeat.........It's only a movie.......

Now you done gone and ruined it for me.. lmao!

I been using the time drinking beer and scrubbing the skid marks out my skives while I'm watching.. Multi tasking..
Actually I was so on edge my seat I dozed off and missed most the second half.. I woke up and Bold and Beautiful was on and I didn't even realize it.. lmao

Mac
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: Yellowstone the show ? - 11/15/22 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by J Staton
Is this the 'Dallas' of the 21st century?

With better scenery
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Yellowstone the show ? - 11/15/22 12:35 PM

Well- I'm glad it's back on this season

Some of you who's High Fi television standards rise above - really should know ; you don't have to watch it.
Posted By: LT GREY

Re: Yellowstone the show ? - 11/15/22 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by Sharon
Well, Jamie knows he is OWNED now, since Beth photographed him with his father at the train station.

You can double Arkansas guarantee he will tread with care, even though he doesn't want to. Raised with the greatest life and opportunity anyone could ever want, with a loving father, among the most beautiful state on earth....and he ends up like Monica...a whining complainer who only wants to sabotage the freedom of everyone, and in his obtuse existence, himself in the long run.

Rip and Lloyd are what true men are ...Lloyd is the real deal, an accomplished cowboy , as well as actor. Just as Taylor , a co-producer and actor, is also.

Love seeing those riders on the best Quarter horses on earth perform in the arena .

What she said !

If you're offended by people's language, there's not many places you can go outside of a church.

Folks cussin'. . .well, that's just life ,
Posted By: SGT. C

Re: Yellowstone the show ? - 11/15/22 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by 330-Trapper
Well- I'm glad it's back on this season

Some of you who's High Fi television standards rise above - really should know ; you don't have to watch it.

X2
Posted By: Fisher Man

Re: Yellowstone the show ? - 11/15/22 02:24 PM

Very disappointed with Kostner. Show full of f bombs. Not necessary. Show is trash.
Posted By: beartooth trapr

Re: Yellowstone the show ? - 11/15/22 02:41 PM

Not rated for tender eyes or ears, I'm gonna need Monday church now laugh
Posted By: Bob Jameson

Re: Yellowstone the show ? - 11/15/22 04:10 PM

I watched a few minutes and agree it could have been better without all the unsuited prime time language use. I am not missing anything by not watching.
Posted By: panaxman

Re: Yellowstone the show ? - 11/15/22 04:19 PM

Sunday's opening shows were weak, I was a bit disappointed.
Posted By: Catch22

Re: Yellowstone the show ? - 11/15/22 04:30 PM

I haven't watched the new season episodes yet, I just hope Teeter is back. She's my favorite character on Yellowstone with RIP a close second.
Posted By: BandB

Re: Yellowstone the show ? - 11/15/22 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by LT GREY

What she said !

If you're offended by people's language, there's not many places you can go outside of a church.

Folks cussin'. . .well, that's just life ,

Lots of things you can't get away from nowadays. Doesn't mean you have to invite it into your home.

Re: Yellowstone the show ? - 11/15/22 11:42 PM

Y'all can hate all you want but I rank Yellowstone with one of the best series (or anything) I've ever watched. It's right up there with Lonesome Dove in my book.

I know Costner is a communist, but as ADC said can you name a single TV show where some or even most of the actors are not? If you use that as the reason you don't watch Yellowstone, then I sure hope you don't even OWN a TV, because the same can be said for every other thing you watch on it... ESPECIALLY if you watch any sports. I do find it ironic though that a liberal actor has no problem playing a Republican Governor.

As for those offended by the swearing, I get that... but I have to wonder... do you people not have jobs? I hear worse every day at work. I would think any person in the rat race would hear that language daily, with the possible exception of Mark and any other ministers.

I'm counting down the days until Sunday.

Re: Yellowstone the show ? - 11/16/22 12:04 AM

Y'all can hate all you want but I rank Yellowstone with one of the best series (or anything) I've ever watched. It's right up there with Lonesome Dove in my book.

I know Costner is a communist, but as ADC said can you name a single TV show where some or even most of the actors are not? If you use that as the reason you don't watch Yellowstone, then I sure hope you don't even OWN a TV, because the same can be said for every other thing you watch on it... ESPECIALLY if you watch any sports. I do find it ironic though that a liberal actor has no problem playing a Republican Governor.

As for those offended by the swearing, I get that... but I have to wonder... do you people not have jobs? I hear worse every day at work. I would think any person in the rat race would hear that language daily, with the possible exception of Mark and any other ministers.

In the jobs I've had, before working for myself, most everyone used the f-word like a comma. Come to think of it, it's still that way working for myself. Just another adjective. "Grab that wrench" ,or "Grab that f-ing wrench." = same thing. Ever watch Tony Beets on Gold Rush? lol
Posted By: upstateNY

Re: Yellowstone the show ? - 11/16/22 12:11 AM

In the jobs I've had, before working for myself, most everyone used the f-word like a comma. Come to think of it, it's still that way working for myself. Just another adjective. "Grab that wrench" ,or "Grab that f-ing wrench." = same thing. Ever watch Tony Beets on Gold Rush? lol

I had to work with truck drivers all day long.Yellowstone language is mild compared to that. smile
Posted By: 1oldforester

Re: Yellowstone the show ? - 11/16/22 05:09 AM

Did my time in the Navy and then worked in the woods for thirty years. The language is not a BFD.

Remember, it is just a TV show, not a documentary.

But there are little things that do bother me. Lived and worked in eastern Montana for four years and never saw any part of the Milk River Valley that looked like that. But again, it is just a TV show.
Posted By: CTRAPS

Re: Yellowstone the show ? - 11/17/22 01:39 PM

Yeah, it's a good thing people don't talk like that in real life.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Yellowstone the show ? - 11/17/22 01:47 PM

Wife and I Love it
Posted By: beaverpeeler

Re: Yellowstone the show ? - 11/19/22 05:24 PM

My wife and I just saw Yellowstone for the first time this week starting with a year or two of re-runs prior to this years pilot on Sunday last. We've liked it, especially the re-runs. Last Sunday's pilot was a little bit of let down....still worth watching. My only complaint so far for something that really bothered me was I use closed captioning (cuz I'm kinda deef) and when they were listening to a coyote cacophony the subtitle said "Wolves howling". I was almost screaming at the TV : "NO!!!!! Coyotes"!!!!!!!!!
© 2024 Trapperman Forums