Home

Flu news

Posted By: charles

Flu news - 11/15/22 04:45 AM

US population is 311 million. We are expecting 41 million cases of flu.

Sure hope we can find a cure. I haven’t had flu in 30-40 years but I sure remember it. Doctor friend of the family came to my house back then.
Posted By: Jurassic Park

Re: Flu news - 11/15/22 05:43 AM

I remember getting the flu in Grade 6. Stayed home and watched Jerry Springer.
Posted By: Boco

Re: Flu news - 11/15/22 05:46 AM

Thats worse than the flu.

Re: Flu news - 11/15/22 05:47 AM

Learned a lot from that show. I was 10.
Posted By: Boco

Re: Flu news - 11/15/22 05:48 AM

The new one coming is likely gonna be like the Spanish flu in the 20's
Posted By: H2ORat

Re: Flu news - 11/15/22 05:50 AM

Are they going to put us in lockdown for it this time or wait until 2024??
Posted By: NonPCfed

Re: Flu news - 11/15/22 06:10 AM

charles- Try a minimum of 335 million already a few years back, and given your bud Sniffy and his loser Sec of DHS have opened the southern border, another 5 million across the border in the past 2 years.

I can count the number of times I've had real flu on my hands in the past 50 years so maybe once in every 5 years, probably less. I have never taken the flu shot (not "anti-vax" until probably the past 2-3 years) but because I don't get the flu!! By the way, there are actual peer-reviewed papers that show that statistically the number of flu caused deaths has not overly decreased in the 20 years that the flu shots have been available, but whatever, if it makes you feel better, roll up your sleeve.

So, what is your point in the end, that the U.S. is going to have a bad flu year...? Given that "flu" basically didn't "exist" during the winter of 2019/20, what would you expect? Just like the rise of RSV in little kids this year given that most kids less than 3 have not been exposed to the regular infections that they typically get-- pay now (the typical way) or pay later, little kids don't escape the piper when it comes to easily transmitted sicknesses. Virus will virus, let's be thankful the most kids are much healthier and "bullet proof" than kids a couple hundreds of years ago. My German immigrant great grandparents lost 4 out of 6 kids (although the oldest losses weren't actually "kids") during March 1886 in Dakota Territory. A truly sorrowful episode that my great grandparents probably never fully recovered from but it was far from unique for the era. My grandfather was part of the "2nd wave" family that came after 1886.

But you're like 75-80 so yeah, I guess you worry about the flu taking you out so I get your drift. I just turned 60 and think I'm still partly bullet-proof so I guess I'll roll the dice by not taking any more shots except maybe an occasional tetanus one. Everybody has choices to make, you make yours, I'll make mine...

Re: Flu news - 11/15/22 06:21 AM

I thought you were more like 40 NonPc
Posted By: Grandpa Trapper

Re: Flu news - 11/15/22 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by charles

Sure hope we can find a cure. I haven’t had flu in 30-40 years but I sure remember it. Doctor friend of the family came to my house back then.

One small correction. U.S. population is now about 332 million. About 35 years ago I got the flu and it was the sickest I ever been. I have been getting the flu shot since.

Re: Flu news - 11/15/22 01:16 PM

No, born in late 1962. My little avatar pic with the big mink is 20 years old. Maybe I should update it if I find another cool critter to hang with...
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Flu news - 11/15/22 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by Jurassic Park

He's 60 but doesn't look a day over 75 grin
Posted By: ratbrain

Re: Flu news - 11/15/22 01:33 PM

I had the flu 1 time that I knew it was the flu. The day before at work I had a dry cough that persisted all day. Skinned some critters that P.M. The next morning I was coughing up colorful phlegm, had a fever and my muscles hurt so bad I had trouble getting out of bed. Back in the day when you called a doc and prescribed meds over the phone.

Re: Flu news - 11/15/22 05:48 PM

He's 60 but doesn't look a day over 75 grin

Yeah, dang genetics...
Posted By: Flicker Shad

Re: Flu news - 11/15/22 06:18 PM

Bahahaha. I almost spit my coffee out. That's funny.
Posted By: Yes sir

Re: Flu news - 11/15/22 06:23 PM

Charles I hate to be the bearer of bad news but ur going to die someday no matter how many vaccines or cures they come up with. Quit worrying and live. Place I selected for eternity is a much better place than I own now anyway.
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Flu news - 11/15/22 06:45 PM

Ppl all over Ark and KS have the flu now. Making the rounds.
Posted By: Swamp Wolf

Re: Flu news - 11/15/22 07:17 PM

How many cases of the flu did ya hear about past 2 years????
Posted By: TC1

Re: Flu news - 11/15/22 07:20 PM

The sky is falling, the sky is falling!!! Man I miss the days b4 social media stupidness when one could be sick and not have to make a post out of it and get hundreds of shares. People today are weak, because of the fact they don’t get out and get exposed to things. My ma always said it was good to let the kids eat dirt, makes them tougher!! Lol, old saying, but lots of truth to it.
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: Flu news - 11/15/22 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by Swamp Wolf

I had flue b and covid at the same time. So there is one.

Lots of people have it here now. I'm not surenif it flue or a cold but it's hitting my wife and boys now. The younger has a 101.5 temp when I checked him a few min ago.

I'm sure it will hit me if it does on Thursday so I won't be able to make it to my interview and testing. Confirmation email said they will be taking Temps befor hand.

Re: Flu news - 11/16/22 05:48 PM

To quote a good friend “I don’t want to die of the cheap stuff”. He means why die of something that is basically preventable, like not wearing our seatbelt, or skipping childhood vaccines, or skipping colon exams.

I don’t come here for medical research or opinions, either.
Posted By: hippie

Re: Flu news - 11/16/22 06:19 PM

Can't say I've ever had the flu, but might've. One time I went to the doc I had brocitious from a cold I believe.

Ive only ever gone to the doctor a handful of times in my 60 years and its mostly been related to my allergy giving me a sinus infection with the one exception I noted.

My wife gets the jab every year.......

Re: Flu news - 11/16/22 06:21 PM

It's hitting my youngest son hard now. My 12 year old had a temp and felt bad for a day or two. Wife has flet a little down but function.

I'm getting concerned about my 10 year old though. Had a 101 tep yesterday t day and this morning. Just checking him again and it was 103. Gave some Tylenol hopefully that will bring it down some.

Re: Flu news - 11/16/22 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by Yes sir
Charles I hate to be the bearer of bad news but ur going to die someday no matter how many vaccines or cures they come up with. Quit worrying and live. Place I selected for eternity is a much better place than I own now anyway.

It must be hard living in fear every day.

Re: Flu news - 11/16/22 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by hippie

On your anniversary or birthday?

Re: Flu news - 11/16/22 06:24 PM

Then please keep
To quote a good friend “I don’t want to die of the cheap stuff”. He means why die of something that is basically preventable, like not wearing our seatbelt, or skipping childhood vaccines, or skipping colon exams.

Then don't give yours.

Re: Flu news - 11/16/22 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by Providence Farm

LOL.
Posted By: Swamp Wolf

Re: Flu news - 11/16/22 06:55 PM

Flu is a virus......there will never be a "cure."

Re: Flu news - 11/16/22 08:03 PM

Here a dose of reality for you, none of the things you are doing, (“vaccines”, masks, etc…) are going to prevent you from getting it either. Facts matter, do your research (not MSM), and stay healthy by taking care of your body. Wishing you the best, take care of your body, it will take care of you.
Posted By: hippie

Re: Flu news - 11/16/22 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by Providence Farm

Lol,

We're not that old yet!

Re: Flu news - 11/16/22 09:47 PM

I quoted a news article. Don’t think I included any advice.

Learned something here today however. If migrants are coming into Texas illegally, then why get the flu shot. Still scratching my head on that.

We need Coonman or Forest Gump to guide us.
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: Flu news - 11/16/22 10:52 PM

I got called yesterday asking if I was going to get my flu shot seeing how it’s supposed to be bad this year. I politely declined seeing how I’ve already been around 2-3 in my family that had it including my 15 month old granddaughter.

Re: Flu news - 11/16/22 10:59 PM

We need Coonman or Forest Gump to guide us

Either would be a great respite from what we currently have! Agreed!

Re: Flu news - 11/18/22 01:59 AM

Kids han wife are recovering from flu A. And it hit me just after my job interview. Head ach, weak,sore, when I walked into the barn. Barely got the outside wood burner filled. Wife feed the rest of the stock and got eggs.
Sat down to watch a show with the kids insisted of going to bed because they asked me to no feaver at this point
. Chills started, then I started getting warm 101.2 and climbing now.

Great 2 weeks vacation to deer hunt with the boys and I also need to cut wood. Hopefully it won't last an long as it has for my youngest.
Posted By: jbyrd63

Re: Flu news - 11/18/22 03:11 AM

Sorry to hear that . Local school has canceled classes all next week!
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: Flu news - 11/18/22 03:27 AM

Aren’t they out for Thanksgiving break all next week or is that just a Southern thing?
Posted By: bowhunter27295

Re: Flu news - 11/18/22 12:52 PM

It was the masks that saved us Swamp. LOL!!!!!

Funny how there weren't over 2k cases of flu IN THE ENTIRE UNITED STATES, when covid was "hot and heavy". Now, ALL OF A SUDDEN, we have a multi million case flu and rsv emergency looming over us and we are all gonna die.

You can't make this stuff up. It was done intentional. Sheep don't hear this well and call those saying it extremists, kooks, conspiracy theorists, etc. When you get called a name that means you won.

Re: Flu news - 11/18/22 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by bowhunter27295

It was the masks that saved us Swamp. LOL!!!!!

Funny how there weren't over 2k cases of flu IN THE ENTIRE UNITED STATES, when covid was "hot and heavy". Now, ALL OF A SUDDEN, we have a multi million case flu and rsv emergency looming over us and we are all gonna die.

You can't make this stuff up. It was done intentional. Sheep don't hear this well and call those saying it extremists, kooks, conspiracy theorists, etc. When you get called a name that means you won.

Yep. Best thing to do is shut the t.v. off.
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: Flu news - 11/18/22 02:50 PM

Ok now the puzzle pieces are starting to paint a picture! grin
Posted By: beaverpeeler

Re: Flu news - 11/18/22 04:17 PM

World population just hit 8 billion. Mom nature is gonna be working overtime to device new ways to trim it down proper.
Posted By: yotetrapper30

Re: Flu news - 11/18/22 05:04 PM

The flu is back? I kind of missed it. I guess that means Covid is officially over.
Posted By: riverratdm

Re: Flu news - 11/18/22 05:59 PM

Good to hear the flu is back now that covid is over.

Re: Flu news - 11/18/22 06:32 PM

My daughter-in-law is a pediatrician. Flu is real. Husband and wife neighbors had Covid last week after returning from Charleston SC. Guess it is still around to some degree.

What do people who oppose vaccines do when they become diabetic?
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Flu news - 11/18/22 06:37 PM

Is there a vaccine for diabetes now?!
Posted By: Squash

Re: Flu news - 11/18/22 06:40 PM

Jesh, where’s the covid 19 virus, it cured the flu last year ?
Posted By: MJM

Re: Flu news - 11/18/22 06:47 PM

Who said anything about being opposed to all vaccines? I just don't want a untested vaccine. Nothing says follow the science like not making the vaccine companies libel, no matter how many they kill. As far as the flu vaccine. I have not had a flu shot or the flu almost thirty years. I may die of the flu next week, but that can happen after you got the shot too. Was your neighbor vaccinated for the China flu?

Re: Flu news - 11/18/22 07:27 PM

My daughter-in-law is a pediatrician. Flu is real. Husband and wife neighbors had Covid last week after returning from Charleston SC. Guess it is still around to some degree.

What do people who oppose vaccines do when they become diabetic?

Could care less about your daughter in law being a pediatrician. Many things doctors tell patients are still just best gueses. They are telling people not to get the covid shot now. 250,000 people die every year to Mal practice. Your scared. We get it. Many of us are not.
Posted By: yotetrapper30

Re: Flu news - 11/18/22 08:44 PM

I'm not anti-vax. I'm just anti-Covid-vax.

And I'm pretty sure you're confusing fear of vaccine with fear of needles because to my knowledge there is no diabetes vax?

Re: Flu news - 11/18/22 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by yotetrapper30
I'm not anti-vax. I'm just anti-Covid-vax.

And I'm pretty sure you're confusing fear of vaccine with fear of needles because to my knowledge there is no diabetes vax?

There are some promising trials right now with stem cell research. My step brother is involved with in TX

Re: Flu news - 11/18/22 09:25 PM

Am not scared, but I am concerned. Prevention is good.

Wishing the best for everyone. God Bless.

Re: Flu news - 11/18/22 10:34 PM

Am not scared, but I am concerned. Prevention is good.

Wishing the best for everyone. God Bless.

It's called washing your hands. Especially when touching things you're going to put into your mouth. A healthy diet also helps.
Posted By: Ed Patrick

Re: Flu news - 11/19/22 11:49 AM

I work in a ER. Past 2 weeks we are seeing a lot of influenza, COVID, strep and RSV. Haven't needed to admit anyone yet.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Flu news - 11/19/22 12:09 PM

It's harder to find truth these days because people have mostly decided they are the way, the truth and the life.
So we support, as compassion personnel, all the junk truth, the half baked ideas, the angry folks... for people who mostly now hardly ever go outdoors where immunity is found.

Young men ages 25 to 34 have been found to spend an average of 2000 hours a year in front of screens.
Not much immunity build up there.
And women have had to venture into the work place to earn money because the men are in front of screens.
And kids are just trying to survive in an environment not of their making.

There's no doubt flu and Covid and RSV and pneumonia and every other pathogen will find a more willing host in those who've been holed up.
So get outside and trap!
Build immunity as humanity has always done...
Outside.
I grind glands so average bugs find no home in me and mine grin

Re: Flu news - 11/19/22 02:40 PM

Probably some truth to that Mark but misses to mark 100% with my family. Not only are we out hunting, but running a market garden, raise chickens for meat and eggs, rabbits for meat and pets, and dairy goats.

Yet, they boys and wife got sick 4 days ago, and it hit me 2 days ago like a hammer. I got I utnof the truck to feed at the barn and was weak, and achy. Last night my temp was between 102 and 104. Today it's down to 100 and I'm feeling a bit better. Went out and did the feeding and filled the wood burner this morning. Hopefully tomorrow I will be back to normal.

Edit as I look over and both the boys are playing vide games and I'm on trapper talk. Then again what else will are we going to do sitting around running feavers when it's 30 outside.

I do have 2 deer to process. One is deboned and in the cooler and the other still hanging in the barn hole minus the guts. I just haven't felt up to it.

Edit 2. You are correct after all. I should have had the boys out hunting instead of at the several weekly church function we attend and they would not have got the flu from one of their friends whom brought ti to our group from his signature school. Thanks I will use that ammo on my wife when I get a guilt trip about taking them hunting instead of church. After all they not only missed all the church stuff since we have been sick bur also their 4H forestry competition and all the deer hunting I have had vacation to take them on

Edit 3. You should have seen my wife's face. Of course I wasn't serous but her face was priceless. Especially when she tried to make an argument that one after the other was shot down..

Everyone's Temps are back to normal but everyone is weak and achy. I had a shot of up set lower belly problems so I'm betting by tomorrow others than lingering coughing I think we should be getting back to normal
Probably no church though. Can't risk getting they young ones or old ones suck if we are still carrying a bug.

Re: Flu news - 11/25/22 01:46 PM

So from September 27, 2020 to May 22,2021 the CDC has the gall to tell us there were only 1899 cases of flu in the US. That's right, less than 2,000 cases NATIONWIDE!!! Who on here believes this. Speak up all you covid jab proponents! This is the same organization that told us all the jab was "safe and effective". If I am wrong on this stat, please show me. I sincerely hope I am wrong as this is insulting to anyone with a brain!! Here ya go.

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/weekly/weeklyarchives2020-2021/week20.htm

Re: Flu news - 11/25/22 01:48 PM

This is less than 5 cases of flu per state per month in flu season.

Y'all believe this, right?

5 cases in NY?

5 cases in NJ?

5 cases in CA?

5 cases in TX?

It's all legit!! The CDC says so.

What's sad is people will look at this and see it is so ludicrous they will gloss over it and not believe it. Folks, this is the CDC that put out these stats. The same ones that tell you about masks and jabs and social distancing.

The CDC has lost all credibility and can no longer be trusted. No way around it.
Posted By: walleye101

Re: Flu news - 11/25/22 02:52 PM

Wow bowhunter, I wonder what could have possibly happened during that time period to account for this unusual turn of events? You're not suggesting the CDC would intentionally tinker with the numbers to further a different agenda...............are you?
Posted By: Dirt

Re: Flu news - 11/25/22 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by Flicker Shad
Originally Posted by Yes sir

It must be hard living in fear every day.

I believe ( I could be wrong) Charles made his living pedaling Fear (Insurance). Insurance sellers like people that live in fear.

"Insurance is always hedged against a loss. Our inherent fear is unmistakably the selling mechanism for insurance."

Posted By: yukonjeff

Re: Flu news - 11/25/22 05:32 PM

I read that there were 8 million hospitalization's due to the forced injection and now there are more people dying from the shot than the flue.
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: Flu news - 11/25/22 08:43 PM

My mom has flu type A right now.
been sick since Friday just starting to feel a little better she went to the doctor Monday.
tested negative for the covid which is interesting her mother tested positive for the covid Monday Grandma has mild covid symptoms while mom is down and out with the flu

my mom and grandma both had all the flu shots , and covid boosters
© 2024 Trapperman Forums