Home

Has anyone sold decent 3x-4 xl coon yet?

Posted By: NonPCfed

Has anyone sold decent 3x-4 xl coon yet? - 11/17/22 04:01 AM

Just curious if anyone in the better Midwest coon areas have sold either green or finished decent 3-4xl coon yet? If so, what have you gotten for them?
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Has anyone sold decent 3x-4 xl coon yet? - 11/17/22 05:28 AM

Not looking good.
Posted By: Monster Toms

Re: Has anyone sold decent 3x-4 xl coon yet? - 11/17/22 01:19 PM

Should be asking if anyone has bought any coon this year!

Re: Has anyone sold decent 3x-4 xl coon yet? - 11/18/22 02:38 AM

Should be asking if anyone has bought any coon this year!

Yeah, maybe.

The thing about selling commodities, specially ones that can have volatile markets, is that it's better to have some on hand if things change quickly than not to have any at all. The sweet spot is not to go too crazy in having such iffy things on hand. The 2nd FHA auction isn't until early next summer, things could change a lot by then given that most of our coon fur ends up in a couple of foreign places. Then again, things probably won't change much when it comes to the coon market so my question doesn't really matter...
Posted By: 160user

Re: Has anyone sold decent 3x-4 xl coon yet? - 11/18/22 03:03 AM

The few I caught for management purposes were floating South the last I saw.
Posted By: lee steinmeyer

Re: Has anyone sold decent 3x-4 xl coon yet? - 11/18/22 03:10 AM

Too early, and with no more buyers left, they will buy them just as cheap as they can! There ain’t no good place to sell anymore, but the auction house will prolly beat country buyers…..but like you say, things change quickly and your better off to have something to speculate with. Seen it too many times.

Re: Has anyone sold decent 3x-4 xl coon yet? - 11/18/22 03:47 AM

A buck fitty.
Posted By: lee steinmeyer

Re: Has anyone sold decent 3x-4 xl coon yet? - 11/18/22 03:51 AM

To clarify, I’m only gonna keep the 3x and bigger in A-B colors. That will slow down the skinning and fur room work a bunch!

Re: Has anyone sold decent 3x-4 xl coon yet? - 11/18/22 03:51 AM

Anybody ever deal with the Dakota Fur System or something back in the late 70s with a dude called Jack?
He'd trade Senoritas for fur and just happened to have the prettiest one traveling with him writing the checks when he was buying fur.
Had a processing facility west of Crete, NE and got busted for having a bunch of illegals processing fur for him. He was a dandy. My Brother ran into him years later at a truck stop in Arizona or some place. He'd been in Mexico panning for gold.
Posted By: 160user

Re: Has anyone sold decent 3x-4 xl coon yet? - 11/18/22 04:10 AM

Originally Posted by Gary Benson
Anybody ever deal with the Dakota Fur System or something back in the late 70s with a dude called Jack?
He'd trade Senoritas for fur and just happened to have the prettiest one traveling with him writing the checks when he was buying fur.
Had a processing facility west of Crete, NE and got busted for having a bunch of illegals processing fur for him. He was a dandy. My Brother ran into him years later at a truck stop in Arizona or some place. He'd been in Mexico panning for gold.

That is where I would have "traded" my coon!
Posted By: wy.wolfer

Re: Has anyone sold decent 3x-4 xl coon yet? - 12/14/22 06:36 PM

OK, anyone care to post recent sales prices for fur. Mid-December should be the best fur out there, or close to it.
Posted By: ack

Re: Has anyone sold decent 3x-4 xl coon yet? - 12/14/22 07:46 PM

I caught over 160 in my mink sets. 7 made it home. 6 are for skinning demos. The only one I saved for me was the best color coon I have caught in years. Almost 20lb female.
I'm afraid it would have cost more to run a fan on them then what they are worth.
No blaming me for adding to the mess.
Posted By: maurob

Re: Has anyone sold decent 3x-4 xl coon yet? - 12/14/22 09:34 PM

November caught 4x and 5x finished went for $12 at the Barnes pick up last week.
Posted By: scheide

Re: Has anyone sold decent 3x-4 xl coon yet? - 12/15/22 01:46 AM

A buddy of mine sold 18 coon all sizes, for a $3.60 ave. in the grease last week from Groney buyer.
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: Has anyone sold decent 3x-4 xl coon yet? - 12/15/22 02:16 AM

Friend sold 30 finished coon to Groney last week for $9.40 average.
Posted By: Wild_WI

Re: Has anyone sold decent 3x-4 xl coon yet? - 12/15/22 02:24 AM

Well that's exciting only needs to come up about $30 avg to make it worth selling finished haha
Posted By: Joe1

Re: Has anyone sold decent 3x-4 xl coon yet? - 12/15/22 02:47 PM

yea same thing want to help the kids but wont tell the hole story how many was caught how many was saved to sell for that price so misleading watch groney on youtube in iowa and remember thats just part of what they caught
Posted By: turk buster

Re: Has anyone sold decent 3x-4 xl coon yet? - 12/17/22 01:24 AM

sold to groeny $15.00 top, some at$10.00, on down to $1.00 all green coon in Iowa.

Re: Has anyone sold decent 3x-4 xl coon yet? - 12/17/22 01:09 PM

sold to groeny $15.00 top, some at$10.00, on down to $1.00 all green coon in Iowa

turk buster, interesting to hear given they were all green. Can you give some more details, such as average or the percentage of the total at $10 and above...?
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: Has anyone sold decent 3x-4 xl coon yet? - 12/17/22 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by NonPCfed
sold to groeny $15.00 top, some at$10.00, on down to $1.00 all green coon in Iowa

turk buster, interesting to hear given they were all green. Can you give some more details, such as average or the percentage of the total at $10 and above...?

Don't do it turk buster! Around 4 pages will ensue telling you how you were robbed by The Devil. whistle

Re: Has anyone sold decent 3x-4 xl coon yet? - 12/17/22 02:36 PM

Don't do it turk buster! Around 4 pages will ensue telling you how you were robbed by The Devil. whistle

Now, now laugh laugh laugh

Re: Has anyone sold decent 3x-4 xl coon yet? - 12/17/22 08:58 PM

tttt
© 2024 Trapperman Forums