Home

Ruger Ranch Mini 14

Posted By: AntiGov

Ruger Ranch Mini 14 - 11/18/22 01:50 AM

Anybody have a recommendation for a magazine brand and source ?

I have one ( gun) , New in a box stashed away but need to aquire some 20 or 30 Rd mags ASAP
Posted By: H2ORat

Re: Ruger Ranch Mini 14 - 11/18/22 02:01 AM

Originally Posted by AntiGov
Anybody have recommendation for magazine brand and source ?

I have one New in a box stashed away but need to aquire some 20 or 30 Rd mags ASAP

C-mon man -- you know it is just a matter of time before the liberal get it anyway -- time to move to a real state. I did like that we picked up 2 more counties in the greater Idaho thing. going to a couple of local gun shows soon - I will keep my eyes open and let you know. You should sell the mini and go with an ar platform == lots more options.
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: Ruger Ranch Mini 14 - 11/18/22 02:01 AM

Cheaper Than Dirt shows quite a few. $30-50

Re: Ruger Ranch Mini 14 - 11/18/22 02:05 AM

Originally Posted by Wanna Be
Cheaper Than Dirt shows quite a few. $30-50

Is there a good brand , and any brand to stay away from ?

Re: Ruger Ranch Mini 14 - 11/18/22 02:08 AM

Originally Posted by H2ORat
Anybody have recommendation for magazine brand and source ?

I have one New in a box stashed away but need to aquire some 20 or 30 Rd mags ASAP

C-mon man -- you know it is just a matter of time before the liberal pos get it anyway -- time to move to a real state. I did like that we picked up 2 more counties in the greater Idaho thing. going to a couple of local gun shows soon - I will keep my eyes open and let you know. You should sell the mini and go with an ar platform == lots more options.

I got a rippin deal on it and figured I just stash a few clips away with it .

Yeah I'd like to move too .......the Idaho border moving to my house might be easier than getting the wifee to move grin

Re: Ruger Ranch Mini 14 - 11/18/22 02:14 AM

yeah I'd like to move too .......the Idaho border moving to my house might be easier than getting the wifee to move grin[/quote]
I get it -- that discussion isn't going so well around my place. I figure that I have about 2 years before the legal challenges make me a felon. I've been waiting for the pendulum to swing back for 30 years -- hasn't worked in cali or WA so I don't see it happening here either ----- I'm done waiting.

Re: Ruger Ranch Mini 14 - 11/18/22 02:18 AM

yeah I'd like to move too .......the Idaho border moving to my house might be easier than getting the wifee to move grin

I get it -- that discussion isn't going so well around my place. I figure that I have about 2 years before the legal challenges make me a felon. I've been waiting for the pendulum to swing back for 30 years -- hasn't worked in cali or WA so I don't see it happening here either ----- I'm done waiting.[/quote]

It's amazing to me how people unwillingly get bent over and then turn around and ask for more
Posted By: Aix sponsa

Re: Ruger Ranch Mini 14 - 11/18/22 02:20 AM

Ruger 20 round mags and a Ruger 581 series mini would eat any and everything with a case, primer, bullet, and primer. Ruger 30 round mags were pretty good for me, but still had occasional hiccups. The metal 30 round mags that weren’t Ruger would have hiccups pretty regularly. I don’t remember the brand I had.

20 round mags functioned and fit perfectly for me through a thousand or more rounds.

Re: Ruger Ranch Mini 14 - 11/18/22 02:34 AM

AG -- neighbor has a mini -- don't know if he has anything greater than 5 rd mags -- will ask him tomorrow.

Re: Ruger Ranch Mini 14 - 11/18/22 02:35 AM

AG -- neighbor has a mini -- don't know if he has anything greater than 5 rd mags -- will ask him tomorrow.

Cool thanx

Re: Ruger Ranch Mini 14 - 11/18/22 02:36 AM

Originally Posted by Aix sponsa
Ruger 20 round mags and a Ruger 581 series mini would eat any and everything with a case, primer, bullet, and primer. Ruger 30 round mags were pretty good for me, but still had occasional hiccups. The metal 30 round mags that weren’t Ruger would have hiccups pretty regularly. I don’t remember the brand I had.

20 round mags functioned and fit perfectly for me through a thousand or more rounds.

Good info , thanx
Posted By: k snow

Re: Ruger Ranch Mini 14 - 11/18/22 02:46 AM

Is belt fed an option for that rifle?

[Linked Image]
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: Ruger Ranch Mini 14 - 11/18/22 02:53 AM

Ruger mags worked the best in my mini 14 the Ruger 20 rounds were the go too

https://shopruger.com/Mini-14-20-Round-Magazine/productinfo/90010/

with promag as my next choice and probably would still go 20s on the mini
Posted By: Roy Greenfield

Re: Ruger Ranch Mini 14 - 11/18/22 11:44 AM

I stay with the Ruger 10 & 20 round mags. The Mini I have went through a hi-tech retrofit and shoots 3/4" groups. Not cheap but extremely dependable.
Roy
Posted By: Elkguy

Re: Ruger Ranch Mini 14 - 11/18/22 01:31 PM

Those idiots in Portland really did it this time. Unreal what normal people have to deal with because of libtards in cities.
Posted By: seniortrap

Re: Ruger Ranch Mini 14 - 11/18/22 02:50 PM

Go here and check out their stock.

https://www.sportsmansguide.com/pro...5&gun_make=Ruger&type=Detachable
Posted By: seniortrap

Re: Ruger Ranch Mini 14 - 11/18/22 03:01 PM

I actually own a Ruger Mini-14 Tactical. I have a couple of 20 round clips. And 2-3 10 round. All Ruger.

I have some reservations the plastic versions. Even though I don't own any.

Good luck on finding a deal.
Posted By: MattLA

Re: Ruger Ranch Mini 14 - 11/18/22 04:24 PM

Anybody have a recommendation for a magazine brand and source ?

I have one ( gun) , New in a box stashed away but need to aquire some 20 or 30 Rd mags ASAP

Ruger. However I dont have the mini 14, just a mini 6.8 spc and mini thirty mags for my ruger american ranch in 7.62x39.
Posted By: Oleo Acres

Re: Ruger Ranch Mini 14 - 11/18/22 05:29 PM

https://www.sportsmans.com/shooting...-nato-rifle-magazine-20-rounds/p/1426662 Best price I've found.

Re: Ruger Ranch Mini 14 - 11/18/22 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by Elkguy
Those idiots in Portland really did it this time. Unreal what normal people have to deal with because of libtards in cities.

You are 100% correct

These anti American maggots need delt with

Here's a map if some one could just call in a missle strike

[Linked Image]

Re: Ruger Ranch Mini 14 - 11/18/22 09:50 PM

I think this new bs law should only affect the counties that wanted it .

Fish in a barrel
Posted By: g smith

Re: Ruger Ranch Mini 14 - 11/19/22 01:19 AM

Limited info but here goes ! New 584 (I love it ) came with the 2 five round mags . I searched hi and low for a 10 round Ruger reasonable ------ the only one was at optics planet and $ 50 . I love the Mini over the ar because of the DROP IN THE STOCK . Most of the experts on the Mini say Ruger mags ROCK and the others suck .

Re: Ruger Ranch Mini 14 - 11/19/22 02:09 AM

Thanx guys , I'm gonna look for Ruger factory 20 rounders

Probably just buy 2 or 3 . I'd buy more if they weren't so expensive
Posted By: Oleo Acres

Re: Ruger Ranch Mini 14 - 11/19/22 03:04 AM

If that gun is still in the box , look for a code for 15-20% off accesories in there. They usually have a card with them.

Re: Ruger Ranch Mini 14 - 11/19/22 03:40 AM

Originally Posted by Oleo Acres
If that gun is still in the box , look for a code for 15-20% off accesories in there. They usually have a card with them.

Will do , thanx !
© 2024 Trapperman Forums