Home

Daylight savings

Posted By: Griffin21

Daylight savings - 11/18/22 12:12 PM

I know where I'm from most people agree we should do away with day light savings. It has no real benefit in my opinion.

What do you think??

No more changing of the clocks?
Posted By: Flicker Shad

Re: Daylight savings - 11/18/22 12:17 PM

They tried it years ago. Some people didn't like their kids at the bus stop in dark in the morning is one story I heard. Not sure how true it is. I'd rather have a shorter work day and not worry about the light.
Posted By: mad_mike

Re: Daylight savings - 11/18/22 12:19 PM

I would prefer not to adjust the clocks twice a year.

Re: Daylight savings - 11/18/22 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by mad_mike

Same here. I'd rather leave it alone and not lose an hour every year. I'm hoping it goes away soon.

I didn't really think about kids in the dark in the morning like Flicker said.
Posted By: jk

Re: Daylight savings - 11/18/22 12:26 PM

No biggie to me???? Eather way is fine as long as I wake up in the morning.......jk
Posted By: Lugnut

Re: Daylight savings - 11/18/22 12:29 PM

There was a push in congress to make DST permanent, the bill passed the senate earlier this year but stalled in the house. Given my druthers, I'd keep it at standard time and do away with DST.
Posted By: mad_mike

Re: Daylight savings - 11/18/22 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by Griffin21

Same here. I'd rather leave it alone and not lose an hour every year. I'm hoping it goes away soon.

I didn't really think about kids in the dark in the morning like Flicker said.

Go to work in the dark and drive home from work in the dark either way. An hour of daylight shifted by moving the clocks is gone in under ten days here as we lose daylight. Even more insignificant as you go further north of me.
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Daylight savings - 11/18/22 12:37 PM

I honestly don't know if we're on real time now or daylight savings. I do know I don't like it getting dark at 5:00.

Re: Daylight savings - 11/18/22 12:38 PM

Go to work in the dark and drive home from work in the dark either way. An hour of daylight shifted by moving the clocks is gone in under ten days here as we lose daylight. Even more insignificant as you go further north of me.

I guess I assumed it was much worse for people up your way.

It gets dark about 4:30 here right now. I start work at 6:30 and leave at 3:00 so I have just enough light to get home and take care of animals before its dark.
Posted By: adam m

Re: Daylight savings - 11/18/22 01:00 PM

I might be strange, I hate dst, I like it when the sun gets up and goes down early. DST was tolerable until Bush extended it. The only perk to dst is more hunting time.
Posted By: upstateNY

Re: Daylight savings - 11/18/22 01:03 PM

Im up hours before the sun anyhow,,so I prefer the extra hour of light in the evening.
Posted By: Macthediver

Re: Daylight savings - 11/18/22 01:28 PM

I think with all the modern artificial lighting and 24/7 business. There is no longer a valid reason to screw up peoples sleep patterns. Length of day light don't mean squat anymore. Dogs are going to bug you same time to go out 7or 8 they don't care someone shifted the clock.

Mac

Re: Daylight savings - 11/18/22 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by upstateNY
Im up hours before the sun anyhow,,so I prefer the extra hour of light in the evening.

Me too, usually up between 3:30 or 4:00 unless I sleep in until 4:30 haha. Some morning the hound get me up around 3:00

might as well get up and make coffee, stoke the fire and go look at the stars.

The time doesn't matter to me, I've got flashlights if I need them.
Posted By: Michael Lippold

Re: Daylight savings - 11/18/22 01:58 PM

Maybe I’m wrong I thought they voted to change it, I was
Thinking after the spring of 23 clock change it was gonna stay that way?
Posted By: K52

Re: Daylight savings - 11/18/22 02:04 PM

X2. My favorite time of the day is a couple of hours before daylight and the first hour after daybreak.
Posted By: Foxpaw

Re: Daylight savings - 11/18/22 02:05 PM

I don't care which way, just wish they would leave one way.

How does DST save energy when everyone gets home in daylight and takes off to the golf course or to the lake. Seems to me it uses more energy. But maybe that wasn't the real reason.
Posted By: bearcat2

Re: Daylight savings - 11/18/22 05:03 PM

I don't understand the people who claim to like one or the other because it gives them more light? There is the same amount of daylight a day regardless of what the clocks say! Always started work when it was light enough to see, start time changed depending on length of drive and time of year, not what the numbers on the clock were. In my opinion it is a stupid and useless law, why screw up everybodies clocks when it doesn't accomplish anything? No matter how much you screw with the clocks you are going to have the same number of hours of daylight in the day, and less in the wintertime than the summertime.

Re: Daylight savings - 11/18/22 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by bearcat2
I don't understand the people who claim to like one or the other because it gives them more light? There is the same amount of daylight a day regardless of what the clocks say! Always started work when it was light enough to see, start time changed depending on length of drive and time of year, not what the numbers on the clock were. In my opinion it is a stupid and useless law, why screw up everybodies clocks when it doesn't accomplish anything? No matter how much you screw with the clocks you are going to have the same number of hours of daylight in the day, and less in the wintertime than the summertime.

Your getting the same numbers of hours of daylight,,But if your getting out of work at 4 in the afternoon and it gets dark at 6,,you have a bit of daylight after work.Turn the clocks back an hour,,and now you stiil get out of wrork at 4,,but its dark by 5,,,thats what we are getting at.
Posted By: Turtledale

Re: Daylight savings - 11/18/22 07:37 PM

If you do away with daylight savings time don't put it to the advanced time and leave it. Put it back where it's supposed to be

Re: Daylight savings - 11/19/22 12:42 AM

Speaking of time,,,I used to be able to travel through time.If I got mouthy,,my ole man would send me into next Tuesday. frown
Posted By: Catch22

Re: Daylight savings - 11/19/22 12:48 AM

Speaking of time,,,I used to be able to travel through time.If I got mouthy,,my ole man would send me into next Tuesday. frown

My Mama could do that with me in the back seat of the station wagon and her in the front seat. grin
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: Daylight savings - 11/19/22 12:53 AM

Originally Posted by Catch22

My Mama could do that with me in the back seat of the station wagon and her in the front seat. grin

Mine too, and she could do it while driving and smoking a cigarette. And you NEVER saw it coming!

Re: Daylight savings - 11/19/22 12:53 AM

Originally Posted by Catch22

Hahahaaa,I bet she could ! laugh
Posted By: Gator Foot

Re: Daylight savings - 11/19/22 05:39 PM

I think they should split the difference. In stead of a hour, move it thirty minutes and leave it at that.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums