Home

Portable Electric Generators

Posted By: Chamacat

Portable Electric Generators - 11/18/22 03:46 PM

I'm looking to invest in a new portable gas or diesel electric generator.. I'm looking for a long term use on the motor one that will last season to season with proper care..This generator needs to power a 220 volt well and household..I was looking at one of the electric bills and the usages were around 550 and 580 KWH in July and August..I'm running three freezers and one refrigertor constantly..In the summer the house runs a evaporative cooler..So in the event of long term power outages what make and model does one suggest?...Thanks For Helping
Posted By: Willy Firewood

Re: Portable Electric Generators - 11/18/22 04:07 PM

Generac
Posted By: trapperEd

Re: Portable Electric Generators - 11/18/22 04:10 PM

Kohler !
Posted By: nvwrangler

Re: Portable Electric Generators - 11/18/22 04:13 PM

This is what I run as a back up for my house, its plumed to my propane tank for the house. It runs my well and the entire house , I do have to wait about 20 to 30 minutes for things to catch up before I turn on the air conditioner.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Champio...th-CO-Shield-Technology-100592/308173035
Posted By: Cragar

Re: Portable Electric Generators - 11/18/22 04:50 PM

For a portable unit , Honda is the best. Also the most expensive. Ya get what ya pay for.
Posted By: MattLA

Re: Portable Electric Generators - 11/18/22 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by Chamacat
I'm looking to invest in a new portable gas or diesel electric generator.. I'm looking for a long term use on the motor one that will last season to season with proper care..This generator needs to power a 220 volt well and household..I was looking at one of the electric bills and the usages were around 550 and 580 KWH in July and August..I'm running three freezers and one refrigertor constantly..In the summer the house runs a evaporative cooler..So in the event of long term power outages what make and model does one suggest?...Thanks For Helping

Hey man. Your in NM, I would get solar, even a smaller setup would run your 3 freezers and a refrigator. You also dont have to rely on somebody else for some of your power either.
Posted By: BigBob

Re: Portable Electric Generators - 11/18/22 05:01 PM

Consider going duel fuel, gas/propane. Propane keeps forever, cleaner, so a lot less maintenance.
Posted By: Griffin21

Re: Portable Electric Generators - 11/18/22 05:38 PM

Whats your budget for the generator??
Posted By: Chamacat

Re: Portable Electric Generators - 11/18/22 05:52 PM

I'm open to the full amount of set-up..install..and start-up
Posted By: Mark K

Re: Portable Electric Generators - 11/18/22 07:43 PM

I'm open to the full amount of set-up..install..and start-up

That sounds like the words of someone who is really fed up.
Posted By: Bob_Iowa

Re: Portable Electric Generators - 11/19/22 12:39 AM

I would go propane, here the guys recommend kohler or Cummins, also get one that uses liquid propane not vapor at least here the vapor can’t flow fast enough to run the engine.
Posted By: martentrapper

Re: Portable Electric Generators - 11/19/22 03:40 AM

Originally Posted by MattLA

Hey man. Your in NM, I would get solar, even a smaller setup would run your 3 freezers and a refrigator. You also dont have to rely on somebody else for some of your power either.

Ok solar expert. How many panels does he need and at what wattage? What sort of battery bank does he need to run things at night? What does all this stuff cost?
Posted By: Tactical.20

Re: Portable Electric Generators - 11/19/22 06:30 AM

I got a duel fuel one, lp gas or gasoline
© 2024 Trapperman Forums