Home

Twitter

Posted By: yotetrapper30

Twitter - 11/19/22 01:10 PM

Have y'all been following this at all? It's been pretty funny. I guess Elon told his employees they'd have to physically come into work instead of working remotely. Then apparently Twitter was giving all of it's in person employees free breakfast, lunch and dinner and he did away with this. And thousands of employees quit over it, lol. '

And now there are about half a dozen hashtags trending on Twitter about it shutting down... #RIPTwitter, #Twittershutdown, etc. because apparently all the libs are convinced the company is going under despite NO REASON I can find for them to think that.

Then Musk made a tweet about the programming of the Twitter app and some IT guy that works at Twitter called him out in public saying he didn't know what he was talking about and they went back and forth for a couple hours then Elon fired him and all the liberals have no idea why he would do that, haha. I guess they think basically calling your boss an idiot on his own company's social media is just fine?

In other Twitter news, Musk unbanned a few conservative accounts such as the Babylon Bee yesterday, then created a poll asking if Trump should be reinstated. Despite Twitter being very liberal, him being allowed back on is leading the poll by a solid 5%... out of 10 million votes. And people are losing their minds over it, lol.
Posted By: Lugnut

Re: Twitter - 11/19/22 01:33 PM

I don't tweet (or instagram, snap chat, tic toc or any of that), I waste enough time on Facebook. But I have been following the shenanigans at Twitter thru news stories and other sources. It's all very entertaining! LOL
Posted By: walleye101

Re: Twitter - 11/19/22 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by yotetrapper30

In other Twitter news, Musk unbanned a few conservative accounts such as the Babylon Bee yesterday, then created a poll asking if Trump should be reinstated. Despite Twitter being very liberal, him being allowed back on is leading the poll by a solid 5%... out of 10 million votes. And people are losing their minds over it, lol.

This part makes no sense. If you really believe in free speech, why should 10 million twitter users determine who gets to speak, and who doesn't? Maybe ban the 5 million who oppose free speech.
Posted By: learch

Re: Twitter - 11/19/22 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by walleye101

This part makes no sense. If you really believe in free speech, why should 10 million twitter users determine who gets to speak, and who doesn't? Maybe ban the 5 million who oppose free speech.

They believe in free speech if it lines up with their views. If it doesn’t, they seek and destroy.
Posted By: spjones

Re: Twitter - 11/19/22 01:58 PM

Catturd is the greatest!!!!
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: Twitter - 11/19/22 02:04 PM

Imagine having to go to work and do what you're hired to do. And sometimes you might have to work overtime when things are heavy. Oh, the horror.
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Twitter - 11/19/22 02:18 PM

I have no time for people that want to censor others, do what they want, and think they are calling the shots when they have no real skin in the game, just a extension of the feral generations coming out now. No direction, no discipline and give me what I want because I want it and l always got what I wanted before.
Posted By: Guss

Re: Twitter - 11/19/22 02:21 PM

Twitter was a mom for all the soy boys and girls. 3 squars a day now musk wants them to act like adults by coming in to work.........what a cruel master he is.
Posted By: trapper les

Re: Twitter - 11/19/22 02:25 PM

Elon is wrestling with gaining full control of twitter against some entrrenched forces...you hear all about the resistance, and you'll now see retalliation in the form of investigation probes and other lawfare....as he weeds out the CIA moles and operatives and cleans that place up.

Re: Twitter - 11/19/22 02:35 PM

If they cannot control it and benefit from it it must be destroyed in todays environment power and control is goal one. They allowed censorship no problem but free speech is a issue for them just think about that.

Re: Twitter - 11/19/22 02:40 PM

Both Face Book and Twitter were heavily funded by the Governmen (Clowns in Action) as data gathering mechanisms...the privitization of Twitter just neutered the dog, to some degree. Free speech could cripple the narrative the sheep are supposed to swallow. It remains to be seen weather or not the deep state will allow Twitter to exist despite the 44 billion dollar sale of it.
Posted By: Bob_Iowa

Re: Twitter - 11/19/22 02:46 PM

I think working from home can work, but in the case of twitter they were bleeding money, major censorship, and have a new owner so this is when they have to be at work to get evaluated if they’re going to be someone that Elon wants as an employee to be able to right the ship, I guess they’re finding out how a business is supposed to be run.
Posted By: lee steinmeyer

Re: Twitter - 11/19/22 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by Law Dog
I have no time for people that want to censor others, do what they want, and think they are calling the shots when they have no real skin in the game, just a extension of the feral generations coming out now. No direction, no discipline and give me what I want because I want it and l always got what I wanted before.

Originally Posted by Law Dog
If they cannot control it and benefit from it it must be destroyed in todays environment power and control is goal one. They allowed censorship no problem but free speech is a issue for them just think about that.

X2 on both posts, Jerry! Cry baby progressives.
Posted By: HayDay

Re: Twitter - 11/19/22 03:41 PM

I think he is pruning the dead weight as a prelude to moving the whole operation to Texas. Like cleaning house before you move, less useless junk to pack up and pay to move. They quit.....they quit. They were not fired. You don't owe the much when they quit.

That and remember gaslighting. As defined by Dan Bongino.........

1. Tell a lie and tell it confidently

2. Everyone tell the same lie

3. Deny access to the truth.

The latter is what has sent them into an apoplectic fit. There are two sides to every coin and the left only wants you to see their side. Doable when leftists ran twitter. Not so much now.

Couple weeks back Biden bunch posted some huge whopper lie on Twitter and within hours, fact checkers had beaten them bloody. Only lasted a few hours before they had to take original tweet down. They don't like that.
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: Twitter - 11/19/22 03:47 PM

They were given 3 months severance if they decided to quit, for cryin' out loud! Where else you gonna get that?

Re: Twitter - 11/19/22 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by trapdog1
They were given 3 months severance if they decided to quit, for cryin' out loud! Where else you gonna get that?

Sniffy will pay them to stay home maybe if it was closer to any election they would be printing the checks already!
Posted By: Marty

Re: Twitter - 11/19/22 04:09 PM

no twit for me, but you folks have at it....

Re: Twitter - 11/19/22 04:19 PM

If anyone is on Twitter and hasn't voted yet... https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1593767953706921985
Posted By: Boco

Re: Twitter - 11/19/22 04:22 PM

Looks like the previous owner dumped it on Musk and got out at the right time.
Posted By: Cooncreek II

Re: Twitter - 11/19/22 05:02 PM

T-man is the only social media I'm on and it get's a little crazy sometimes. wink
Posted By: white17

Re: Twitter - 11/19/22 05:44 PM

The Dems are lining up with the EU dictators trying to suppress speech. It still won't surprise me if Twitter files for bankruptcy. I think the EU and some in Congress are determined to destroy Musk

https://jonathanturley.org/2022/11/...om-clinton-and-other-democratic-leaders/
Posted By: ScottW

Re: Twitter - 11/19/22 07:23 PM

And onone hand you can’t half blame many of them if they are worth their salt if they don’t like the looks of where the company is headed. Nothing worse than working somewhere you hate your workplace and job. Many of them are probably pretty talented marketers and programmers and will head to another tech sector giant and grab a new gig more to their liking.

I’m not disagreeing that the owner of the company should have the power to dictate most of what goes on, but part of being a valuable employee is being able to leverage that to your advantage ad an employee. Lots of people have had to make a lot of changes to their lives being told they WOULD be working from home for the foreseeable future and planned accordingly in many fronts. Sometimes totally cleaning house works out GREAT, sometimes it doesn’t.

I think both sides are being both reasonable and childish at moments. I used to have the utmost respect for Musk and still have a fair amount, but it has definitely degraded a bit. Happy trapping! ScottW
Posted By: spjones

Re: Twitter - 11/19/22 09:36 PM

Twitter running fine with 90% less employees,,,,,,

Snowflake’s melting world wide,,,,,,

IMHO the trump poll isn’t great for “free speech”

But as Elon had said, it’s the most effective way too weed out the “bots/fake accounts”

Its interesting too see what the guy that brought us reusable rockets/driverless cars/cheap internet/electric cars will be able too do with social media
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Twitter - 11/19/22 09:51 PM

5% of 10 milion isn't 5 million.....
Posted By: Chancey

Re: Twitter - 11/19/22 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by white17
The Dems are lining up with the EU dictators trying to suppress speech. It still won't surprise me if Twitter files for bankruptcy. I think the EU and some in Congress are determined to destroy Musk

https://jonathanturley.org/2022/11/...om-clinton-and-other-democratic-leaders/

I hope Musk has the strength to continue in his endeavor with Twitter as he did with SpaceX and never give up.
I agree though, the powers that be are determined to destroy him. If we've learned anything from the Trump fiasco; it is that no matter how much money one has if they don't back and say/do the PC thing, then their head will be on the chopping block.
Posted By: warrior

Re: Twitter - 11/19/22 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by Chancey

I hope Musk has the strength to continue in his endeavor with Twitter as he did with SpaceX and never give up.
I agree though, the powers that be are determined to destroy him. If we've learned anything from the Trump fiasco; it is that no matter how much money one has if they don't back and say/do the PC thing, then their head will be on the chopping block.

And when you're facing that there really isn't but one option. Full steam ahead because if you surrender now then they can destroy you at their leisure. Either defeat them them now or make them show their full colors.

Re: Twitter - 11/19/22 11:59 PM

they may be out to take elon down but he may be too smart for that to happen....

Re: Twitter - 11/20/22 12:21 AM

Originally Posted by Gary Benson

5% of 10 milion isn't 5 million.....

I said Trump being back was leading by 5%. 47% (48% now) voted AGAINST Trump being reinstated. 47% of 10 mil is close to 5mil.

It's now got almost 15 million votes, Trump back on = 51.8% Trump banned 48.2% so the gap is closing but the poll ends in half an hour.

Re: Twitter - 11/20/22 12:23 AM

Originally Posted by Marty
they may be out to take elon down but he may be too smart for that to happen....

I hope so because they will do everything they can to bring him to heel.
Posted By: Boco

Re: Twitter - 11/20/22 12:26 AM

I hear he changed the name from Twitter to Quitter.

Re: Twitter - 11/20/22 12:58 AM

Just now

[Linked Image]

Re: Twitter - 11/20/22 01:13 AM

They are definitely gonna try hard to take him down...
Posted By: hippie

Re: Twitter - 11/20/22 01:18 AM

Musk is better at trolling the snowflakes than Trump ever dreamed !! laugh

Re: Twitter - 11/20/22 01:29 AM

Originally Posted by hippie
Musk is better at trolling the snowflakes than Trump ever dreamed !! laugh

Plays them like a fiddle.
Posted By: patrapperbuster

Re: Twitter - 11/20/22 02:18 AM

There are two sides to every coin and the left only wants you to see their side. Doable when leftists ran twitter. Not so much now.

THIS

Re: Twitter - 11/21/22 02:42 AM

Twitter is hot right now, and every Trump utterance from Truth gets retweeted on twitter.

It will get better every day.
Posted By: yukonjeff

Re: Twitter - 11/21/22 03:41 AM

Musk got 15 million interactions in one post. That alone has to be a record. No, twitter is not going under unless the G men shut it down. In fact I would buy stock if I was into trading.

Orange man rad says he aint coming back though. He should with that kind of following, if nothing more than to show up Bidins Sorry amount of twitter followers.
Posted By: white17

Re: Twitter - 11/21/22 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by yukonjeff
Musk got 15 million interactions in one post. That alone has to be a record. No, twitter is not going under unless the G men shut it down. In fact I would buy stock if I was into trading.

Orange man rad says he aint coming back though. He should with that kind of following, if nothing more than to show up Bidins Sorry amount of twitter followers.

The problem isn't the number of users it's the movement to eliminate advertising on Twitter. Without advertising twitter will go belly up and will also hammer the stock price of Tesla.. Musk is on shaky ground no matter how smart he is.

As far as buying twitter stock..............you can't because there is none. It's a private company now, not public
© 2024 Trapperman Forums