Home

Heated vests

Posted By: SundanceMtnMan

Heated vests - 11/20/22 11:06 PM

I just saw an ad for heated vests and wondered if anyone had tried them? I must be getting old but sitting in the stand in single digits yesterday I darned near froze to death. I am looking for something to help out when sitting and ice fishing.
Posted By: Mad Scientist

Re: Heated vests - 11/20/22 11:10 PM

If you admit using anything heated Gary benson will make fun of you.
Posted By: Marty

Re: Heated vests - 11/20/22 11:11 PM

One will help out...I have a milwaukee.
Posted By: Mad Scientist

Re: Heated vests - 11/21/22 12:19 AM

Gerbing sold by the warming store are nice.Milwaukee are a good option especially if you have batteries already and buy an extension wire so you can put the battery in your front pocket.
Posted By: beaverpeeler

Re: Heated vests - 11/21/22 12:30 AM

Wimps!
Posted By: caldwellite

Re: Heated vests - 11/21/22 12:43 AM

^^^ FROM OREGON ???????
Posted By: midlander

Re: Heated vests - 11/21/22 12:46 AM

Ive used Pnuma heated vest. Wished I had bought one years ago...
Posted By: Owen156

Re: Heated vests - 11/21/22 12:55 AM

Originally Posted by midlander
Ive used Pnuma heated vest. Wished I had bought one years ago...

I've got the Pnuma also, buy an extra battery for long sits.
Posted By: danvee

Re: Heated vests - 11/21/22 01:23 AM

Wool
Posted By: beaverpeeler

Re: Heated vests - 11/21/22 01:31 AM

Originally Posted by caldwellite
^^^ FROM OREGON ???????

Whatcha gettin' at? Of course from Ory-gun! LOL
Posted By: Tray

Re: Heated vests - 11/21/22 01:35 AM

Don’t have one but know several people that do and they swear by them. Hunting, ice fishing, trapping or just survival gear on road trips.
Tip I’ve been given is buy name brand, some of the cheap ones have funky recharging systems, batteries that don’t last long and hard to find replacement parts when batteries or chargers fail.
Check and make sure same company also makes heated gloves, socks and other accessories so if you decide to get more everything uses the same batteries and chargers.
Posted By: Boco

Re: Heated vests - 11/21/22 01:48 AM

Originally Posted by beaverpeeler
Wimps!

Ha Ha my thoughts exactly.
Next thing theyll be setting all their traps right out the truck door,lol.
Posted By: SundanceMtnMan

Re: Heated vests - 11/21/22 01:57 AM

I used to hunt and ice fish in jeans and tennis shoes getting old stinks.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Heated vests - 11/21/22 02:01 AM

My Dad's 83 and has a heated vest he loves
Rechargeable
Posted By: Drakej

Re: Heated vests - 11/21/22 02:24 AM

I've always been able to take almost any temp moving but freeze up very fast if just sitting. But I can now sit(properly dressed) to zero for 4-5 hours using chem heat pads in my boots AND in a neck band with a heater pocket against the BACK OF MY NECK. Your head loses the most body heat and a cold brain triggers slowing blood flow to extremities before a cooling body core so if you wear a warm head cover and protect your exposed neck back your hands and feet will stay warmer. I and everyone I know would does it swears by it now. P.S. you can stop the pads from continuing to heat by locking them in a zip lock bags(w/air squeezed out) you can than get multiple short sits with them before they wear out. Just expose them to O2 again and they start heating. The neck heater has beat out every other heated accessory I've tried.
Posted By: wildflights

Re: Heated vests - 11/21/22 03:12 AM

I use a Gerbing heated vest when riding the motorcycle. Keep your core warm and your hands will not get cold. You are hard wired to restrict blood flow to the extremities (hands and feet) when your core temperature drops slightly. A couple of stick on foot warmers applied to your t-shirt over the kidney area will help immensely
© 2024 Trapperman Forums