Home

the ripples of war...

Posted By: NonPCfed

the ripples of war... - 11/21/22 03:05 AM

A couple of weeks back, I had posted 2 videos, one from the Ukie side and one from the Rus side of SP guns playing cat-n-mouse shoot and scoot tactics in the autumn mud over there. JP made the comment of "retards fighting retards" and that may surely be, especially at the leadership levels of the opposing sides. The problem with that thought is that the consequences of the fighting doesn't necessary stay with the warring parties.

Larry Johnson had an interesting short essay the other day giving some details on how the economic ripple effect from the Ukraine War is hitting the rest of Europe and probably also adds another "whammy" to the U.S. economic woes. Johnson doesn't have his "company" contacts anymore to see if the intel people told the main western leaders that more economic sanctions were probably not going to hurt the Russians much or if the leadership just ignored the counsel. Knowing the great brain trust of Sniffy, Blinken or Nod, Jake the Skinny Snake, Bad hair day BoJo, Loser Liz and the other mental midgets running the U.S. and U.K. governments, I suspect it was the latter. Although I trust the current generation of intel services about as far as I can collectively throw them. More economic mayhem to come as it truly gets into winter, both over there and probably here.

https://sonar21.com/russia-is-winning-the-economic-war/

By the way, the Russian ruble has been trading better against the USD for most of the war, certainly by early summer, than before Feb 24, 2022 when bad, mad Vlad had his boys cross the National Geographic map line...
Posted By: waggler

Re: the ripples of war... - 11/21/22 03:15 AM

You mention "retards fighting retards". I think it could more accurately labeled drunkards fighting drunkards. I don't think the west has a realistic grasp of the alcohol problem in that part of the world.

Re: the ripples of war... - 11/21/22 03:34 AM

waggler- I like that phrase better. Thanks for the update.

How's your mixed Slavic church group you know up there doing? It must be truly painful for folks who's extended families reality is not just some digital construct by various parties away from life on the ground.
Posted By: waggler

Re: the ripples of war... - 11/21/22 07:39 AM

^^^^^^
Thanks for asking.
Yes, it is painful, like I've mentioned, my church is mostly Russian, but quite a few "mixed marriages" (Russian and Ukrainian). Since the conflict began our church has grown by probably 25%; mostly Ukrainian refugees. There is no animosity between the two groups; just sorrow.

Re: the ripples of war... - 11/21/22 01:01 PM

Since the conflict began our church has grown by probably 25%; mostly Ukrainian refugees. There is no animosity between the two groups; just sorrow.

Sad, just very, very sad. I pray for blessings in the end for all your church friends and their families.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums